Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

[ut] EXU2: Batshit Insane demo released

Legacy news previously posted on UnrealSP.org.
User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject: [ut] EXU2: Batshit Insane demo released

Post Posted: 17 Feb 2008, 16:19

Waffnuffly has released a demo (now the second release) of EXU2: Batshit Insane. This mod contains several hellish maps and crazy new weapons and enemies.
If you're new to the world of Excessive Unreal, be warned: the mod has the capability to blow up weak computers and endanger your sanity. Enjoy!
Last edited by Semfry on 17 Feb 2008, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Feb 2008, 16:20

News post based off of UBerserker's draft post; thanks for that.

I need to get around to playing this...

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Feb 2008, 16:51

Thanks MMAN.

If UA ever gets around to completing some specific code, there may be some really, really fun weapons in the next EXU.u release. :D

wael
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Feb 2008, 17:11

Waffnuffly wrote:Thanks MMAN.

If UA ever gets around to completing some specific code, there may be some really, really fun weapons in the next EXU.u release. :D

Nothing can be more fun than shooting highly corrosive nuclear shit.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Feb 2008, 18:11

Mman wrote:News post based off of UBerserker's draft post; thanks for that.

No problem :)

EXU2 FTW.
ImageImage

User avatar Ultimate Weasel
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008, 21:41

wael wrote:
Waffnuffly wrote:Thanks MMAN.

Nothing can be more fun than shooting highly corrosive nuclear shit.
EXU.EnergyARB ftw \o/
Hellscrag wrote:SKAARJ BERSERKER: Come in, Terran, come in! Make yourself at home next to the plasma fire. Care for an urn of mulled Nali blood?

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008, 22:04

Will the full version feature some NEW maps?

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008, 00:00

Creavion wrote:Will the full version feature some NEW maps?

What are you talking about? This demo has FIVE new maps and ALL the old maps have been incredibly revamped. Making these maps is not a simple job, either. I have to convert the visuals--probably the easiest part--then add map-specific things, set up new scripted sequences, place creatures and items, and then test test test, all of which is much easier said than done. I make absolutely sure that something is fun before I release it, and this process takes weeks alone.

So, yeah, only 10 maps doesn't seem like a lot, but they are BIG maps and they take a lot of work to produce.

If you mean "new" as in non-Unreal-based, then yes, there will be some in the final version, but that's a long way away. My goal is to get it done by December, but we'll see if I can pull that off. :P

User avatar GTD-Carthage

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008, 04:00

The batshit insane scripted sequences are enough to warrant EXU's map as 'new'. :P

User avatar Shadow
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2008, 17:23

Waffnuffly wrote:

What are you talking about? This demo has FIVE new maps and ALL the old maps have been incredibly revamped. Making these maps is not a simple job, either. I have to convert the visuals--probably the easiest part--then add map-specific things, set up new scripted sequences, place creatures and items, and then test test test, all of which is much easier said than done. I make absolutely sure that something is fun before I release it, and this process takes weeks alone.

So, yeah, only 10 maps doesn't seem like a lot, but they are BIG maps and they take a lot of work to produce.

If you mean "new" as in non-Unreal-based, then yes, there will be some in the final version, but that's a long way away. My goal is to get it done by December, but we'll see if I can pull that off. :P

out of many satisfied players enjoying your mod one just only one guy did the shame to express slight criticism, personally I respect everyone attempting to create something unique, so did you, but one always has to accept even negative (it even wasn't real criticism) criticism in order to improve oneself and his work

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2008, 17:27

Waffnuffly wrote:

What are you talking about? This demo has FIVE new maps and ALL the old maps have been incredibly revamped.

EXU2-BI01-Stupid: Vortex Rikers
EXU2-BI02-HugeHam: NyLeve
EXU2-BI03-Shitstorm: Bluff Eversmoking
EXU2-BI04-Plankton: Dasa Pass
EXU2-BI05-Porcupines: Passage
EXU2-BI06-Farmhouse: Ruins
EXU2-BI07-LintBowl: Terralift
EXU2-BI08-Nucleoid: Terraniux
EXU2-BI09-NINETEEN: Velora
EXU2-BI10-TheDoomhouse: Chizra

*gasp* 5 new maps? Well, don`t understand my wrong, I like your mod anywise, maybe because I like Serious Sam. Surely your mod is good for LANs and so on, but let my say you: These are not NEW maps. To replace textures, add triggers and pawns and so on makes a map not new in my opinion. All you guys seems to see that different. Well, whatever.

The reason for my question was simply that I thought that the best pieces of maps are holded back for the final version (completly new maps).

If you think about a Missionspack or so, I would be thankful about new good maps, they make a lot of more fun to play as that old known stuff.

Acceptable exemptions are for example NyLeve and the Vortex Rikers in ONP, they belong to the story.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2008, 17:43

There are actually four new maps. As long as they are fun to play, I won't care about the rest.

Hey, I prefer the new Bluff here over the old one! Carnage! :o
ImageImage

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2008, 18:06

Creavion wrote:
Waffnuffly wrote:

What are you talking about? This demo has FIVE new maps and ALL the old maps have been incredibly revamped.

EXU2-BI01-Stupid: Vortex Rikers
EXU2-BI02-HugeHam: NyLeve
EXU2-BI03-Shitstorm: Bluff Eversmoking
EXU2-BI04-Plankton: Dasa Pass
EXU2-BI05-Porcupines: Passage
EXU2-BI06-Farmhouse: Ruins
EXU2-BI07-LintBowl: Terralift
EXU2-BI08-Nucleoid: Terraniux
EXU2-BI09-NINETEEN: Velora
EXU2-BI10-TheDoomhouse: Chizra

*gasp* 5 new maps? Well, don`t understand my wrong, I like your mod anywise, maybe because I like Serious Sam. Surely your mod is good for LANs and so on, but let my say you: These are not NEW maps. To replace textures, add triggers and pawns and so on makes a map not new in my opinion. All you guys seems to see that different. Well, whatever.

The reason for my question was simply that I thought that the best pieces of maps are holded back for the final version (completly new maps).

If you think about a Missionspack or so, I would be thankful about new good maps, they make a lot of more fun to play as that old known stuff.

Acceptable exemptions are for example NyLeve and the Vortex Rikers in ONP, they belong to the story.

Reading the rest of his post might help ;)
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2008, 18:16

If you mean "new" as in non-Unreal-based, then yes, there will be some in the final version, but that's a long way away. My goal is to get it done by December, but we'll see if I can pull that off

uhm strange, I can`t remember his last sentence :?
I don`t know, if I overseen it. Seem so. My mistake.

Well that would be that, for what I would looking forward.

I think that discussion started only because those reworked maps were referred as new. That was more or less the operative point.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2008, 21:43

sana wrote:Reading the rest of his post might help ;)

Are you kindly referring to me?

Because, I perfectly know that none of the EXU2 maps are new. I mean "new" maps to play in comparison to the old demo.

Still, EXU2 FTW.
ImageImage

Next