This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

[u1] [ut] UnrealPolyEd is OUT! Creating realistic terrain has never been so easy

Legacy news previously posted on UnrealSP.org.
User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: [u1] [ut] UnrealPolyEd is OUT! Creating realistic terrain has never been so easy

Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014, 15:22

This is a nice surprise for mappers - UnrealPolyEd, a terrain editor for Unreal and Unreal Tournament, by SideWinder of MapScale fame has seen its first public release yesterday. Originally abandoned by the author, it was however recently updated and is now available for download, as seen on SideWinder's homepage. It will certainly be of great help to single-player project authors that aim to have realistic terrain in their maps.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Subject: Re: [u1] [ut] UnrealPolyEd is OUT! Creating realistic terrain has never been so easy

Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014, 15:35

A dream will come true I hope. :D
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

nikosv
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: [u1] [ut] UnrealPolyEd is OUT! Creating realistic terrain has never been so easy

Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014, 17:05

Beautiful! Let's hope this builds stable brushes.

I've been meaning to build similar tools myself, glad someone else did it for me :)
Current Project: None. WTFs2 had to go to sleep, RIP.

I still sometimes sculpt PS2-style terrain by hand with Blender 3. Some passions always linger.