Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

[u1] Unreal patch 227f released!

Legacy news previously posted on UnrealSP.org.
User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 23:09

lol that's good to hear :P

Well the patch wasn't just for visuals as I've said before. It'd be best to read the 227 readme to see all the new features and improvements/fixes. Also, you should go to advanced settings and "pimp out" your OpenGL settings...which is what I use too :P

Also take a look at the decals tab, as you can enable blob shadows...which helps for knowing when a monster is around the corner of where a flying pawn is :P
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009, 11:53

Shivaxi wrote:...
Also take a look at the decals tab, as you can enable blob shadows...which helps for knowing when a monster is around the corner of where a flying pawn is :P

Thanks, nice tips, especially about the flying pawns - in the second map I looked down to see where the mantas were, found one and killed it before it could get near me - then when on to face the brutes and forgot about the second manta which I had probably disturbed since it came after me just as I was retreating from the brutes. Needless to say I was almost killed before I realised this is Unreal and regained composure.

This must be the 10th time (or more) playing Unreal and it doesn't cease to surprise me.

Completely off-topic:
Now and then I see lists of the greatest games of all times and Unreal isn't really high up those lists, but take away the recent games (how TF can people be so shortsighted as to put 10 games hardly a year old in the top 10?) and it reaches a respectable and deserved place.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009, 21:28

salsaSkaarj wrote:Completely off-topic:
Now and then I see lists of the greatest games of all times and Unreal isn't really high up those lists, but take away the recent games (how TF can people be so shortsighted as to put 10 games hardly a year old in the top 10?) and it reaches a respectable and deserved place.

Nope, those lists work on a popularity basis.
ImageImage

Previous