Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

[ut] G59 -Episode 2-

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: ividyon, Semfry, zYnthetic

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: [ut] G59 -Episode 2-

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013, 23:34

Developer: UBerserker

SYNOPSIS
G59 (or Jigoku or Hell) is the first custom EXU2 Single Player campaign, set in the timeline of an extremely far future of Na Pali.
G59 is conceived as a challenging journey where you fight extremely powerful enemies, and also as a meant to explore new and unique themes in the Unreal universe.
As the only human survivor left, he finds himself in the middle of the chaos caused by the arrival of an obscure threat.

G59 has been heavily reworked for EXU2 version 7 and development has been more difficult than expected.
Up to the second episode, features six levels plus the intro and the outro.

LINKS
"G59 -Episode 2-" Download & Detailed Info Thread
Last edited by UBerserker on 03 Mar 2018, 16:27, edited 16 times in total.

User avatar Dozey
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Re: [ut] Excessive Unreal 2: G59

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013, 12:27

This is the sequel to previous Excessive Unreal 2, or another mod?
Return to Napali IV: Napali War Coming soon....
http://dozeyunreal.webs.com

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [ut] Excessive Unreal 2: G59

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013, 12:43

It's a custom campaign. It has really nothing to do with Batshit Insane.
Last edited by UBerserker on 27 Mar 2018, 00:25, edited 2 times in total.

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: [ut] <EXU2> G59 -Episode 2-

Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018, 15:04

Post updated for Episode 2 release under EXU2 v7.1.
Discussion ONLY THERE viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4263 - don't post here.

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [ut] G59 -Episode 2-

Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018, 14:38

Note: G59 works fine under 7.2, however a hotfix has been released (get it in the main G59 thread's OP post) which fixes map4's spawning sequences suddenly breaking due to the new EXU2 patch, so get it absolutely.
Discussion ONLY THERE viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4263 - don't post here.

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018, 15:18

Small bump to top, as it's also an active project understandably.

Trying to push the release to May as far as I can. With Map 8 done, Abyss is now getting slightly overhauled; I might also need to change some stuff for the last two levels. The CA map is gone forever and there is not going to be any sort of secret super final boss levels (I wanted to do it initially but decided to salvage the idea).

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 11 May 2018, 10:50

News bumping time. Will be using this thread (since it exists) and keeping it active until the full version is released. The main thread (viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4263) will be used for release info and discussion instead.

As seen in the WIP thread in the Project section I've been proceeding steadily. Finally done with the outdoor section of Verflucht/Yaksha (the king's lava castle, penultimate level), I'm looking what cool things to do with the indoor section since it contrasts heavily with the battle-heavy outdoor parts (there are like around 1000 non-swarm enemies to kill). Also planning to give the boss a lot of attacks; he will likely play a lot like the final boss in Xeops.

Once I'm done with the level, as tradition goes I'll be testing the whole campaign and polishing all the levels until this one, and then proceeding overhauling the final map. This is to keep everything in order, and to keep track of the overall gameplay balance of the pack before the end-game level.

Some new items and enemies got also made but will be revealed when the full pack is out.

Though the most important part is that on Easy difficulty, a mysterious entity will gift you a stone in the first level (The Limbo). This stone with infinite charge can regenerate your health up to 999 quite quickly. You can turn it on or off; this is to help weaker players going through the pack on the easiest difficulty. Health isn't exactly a source of safety in EXU2 compared to armors, so this isn't that much of a game-breaking item.
ImageImage

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 14 May 2018, 08:23

Back on top.
Just a heads up: Verflucht was completed yesterday, and now I will be going through the aforementioned recheck throughout all old maps - changing a bit the balance and removing more unintuitive things I come across in order to help players slightly more (especially early game), I do not think it might be necessary a campaign restart due to these changes.

EDIT: regenerative item for Easy difficulty only implemented!
ImageImage