Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

[ut] [u1] -D e a d C e l l-

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 22:13

It looks fine, thanks. Although...now I see I should do some updating to the RD page when I get a chance :o

Edit: Ah, it never fails...

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009, 23:04

Update...

No real new pix or anything to show. Just wanted to give some information.

Dead Cell is still going through testing. It becomes clear to me every time I run through it how impossible it would have ever been to have this released in 6 weeks. Testing Testing Testing. The thing about Dead Cell is, the simple idea I had for it was Sequence Breaking. I've mentioned this before when I was promoting this for the Speedmapping contest. But I don't think I've actually embellished.

Sequence Breaking is a term I picked up in my years of playing the Metroid platformers (Super Metroid, Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Fusion, ect) and Castlevania games. It's a common concept in these types of games, and Dead Cell is heavily influenced by my fondness for them. In these games you have an area (or areas) to explore and new passages become available to you the more you increase your inventory/skillsets. Naturally, there is the direct way to play these games and then there is the indirect way, where you "break" the sequence by finding hidden passages and other ways to get around the game from different directions. And if you're clever enough you might find a way to accomplish this even when you're not supposed to. Going to different areas before you're meant to, fighting harder bosses before earlier, easier bosses, ect. It all works rather seamlessly in these games and I was trying to find a way to implement it in Dead Cell. With RD I've had practice at this, but with Dead Cell I had to start from scratch.

I'll give you a rundown of things I'm currently working on;

-Bug Hunting
-Sequence Testing
-Plotting alternate enemy placements (for broken sequences)
-Balancing new features (Bleeding, updgrading, melee ect.)
-Pawn testing

I'm trying to get it all set up so the player can be creative in how they approach Dead Cell. There's an obvious way to travel but then again there's few restrictions on when to go down those routes, and how. Technically speaking, you can fight any of your other cellmates at any time, with as little or as much inventory that you manage to pick up for each task. And depending on who you face first, your other enemies will have time to traverse Dead Cell themselves and rearm themselves differently. Once a cellmate is killed, their weapon becomes available to you...and everyone else. What I'm trying to do atm is to even make it so they will appear in different areas, which will radically increase Dead Cell's replayability.

Again, it's just one map. But if this works well and it catches on, I might expand the idea to a larger pack.

Testing testing :o

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009, 23:59

Request! Need A Musician!

I need someone to help me with the map. I'm not looking for full-tracked audio work, but a set of short "riffs" for events that happen in Dead Cell, such as finding a weapon or a secret, or killing a villain ect. Think of games like Bioshock or Fallout3 when you upgrade a level or get a new skill.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009, 00:19

Have you ever heard of someone called Shivaxi? Heard he's a music producer and sound expert, and can convert sounds and music to Unreal as well. Look him up and contact him, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to help. :D
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009, 00:32

Link to some of your stuffs?:)

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009, 02:31

www.myspace.com/shivaximusic

http://shivaxi.s3.amazonaws.com/Flightcastle%20(Shivaxi Remix).mp3 (copy paste link)

Also there are my mixes where I play some of my songs.

http://shivaxi.s3.amazonaws.com/Bi-Pola ... ns%206.mp3

First song i play in that mix above is my own and latest work.

Other of my songs can be found in various mixes of the Bi-Polar Sessions on http://www.freewebs.com/shivaxi/music.htm (Look in the tracklists to see which ones I have my own songs in...I also announce it over the mic when I play one of my own tunes.)

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009, 02:39

Alrighty Shivaxi. Expect a PM from me soon.

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009, 03:52

Mister_Prophet wrote:Request! Need A Musician!

I need someone to help me with the map. I'm not looking for full-tracked audio work, but a set of short "riffs" for events that happen in Dead Cell, such as finding a weapon or a secret, or killing a villain ect. Think of games like Bioshock or Fallout3 when you upgrade a level or get a new skill.

Well, if you want some real creepy music, open your comp and try "Play" the Heatsink.
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

Code: Select all

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009, 03:56

no

User avatar Delacroix

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Sep 2009, 16:09

Ummm, sorry to disturb you with a question like that, MP... but...

How much time till release? (At least an estimate). I like the mood and am willing to try this baby out :)

Can help you with bughunting if you wish, I'm kinda good at it (or at least I believe I am!). It's not that I just want to play this earlier, I really wanna help.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar ElectricIce

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Sep 2009, 16:20

Damn Shivaxi I never got around to listen to your music and its great dude! You outclass me by top quality, btw You make those Breakbeats yourself? awesome dude :D

Also I know a very good site to Publish music Without any precost.. Only a $ 3 draw from each sold Copy.. www.audiolife.com :D

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Sep 2009, 20:42

Delacroix wrote:Ummm, sorry to disturb you with a question like that, MP... but...

How much time till release? (At least an estimate). I like the mood and am willing to try this baby out :)

Can help you with bughunting if you wish, I'm kinda good at it (or at least I believe I am!). It's not that I just want to play this earlier, I really wanna help.

Well it's just a matter of getting the last bits of new code tested, and then getting all the sequencing to work properly. I've got to take into account all sorts of factors, like...say a player decides to stop in one corridor for no reason and then go back the way he/she came to loop around a section, I have to make sure all the things he/she does doesn't break any of the setup. Right now there are tiny little things bugging me. Like a player can retreat and trigger a new enemy appearance (and deactivate them somewhere else) and then that breaks a tag to a door somewhere that it shouldn't, so I have to fix that issue. I don't know if this will be a clear definition of asymmetrical gameplay in the end, but I think that for Unreal...it's close.

There's also some balancing issues with the inventory, but they are slight. I think I'm okay with testers atm, but if I need anyone else I'll keep you in mind.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Sep 2009, 23:09

{WINGS}Zombiehunter wrote:Damn Shivaxi I never got around to listen to your music and its great dude! You outclass me by top quality, btw You make those Breakbeats yourself? awesome dude :D

Also I know a very good site to Publish music Without any precost.. Only a $ 3 draw from each sold Copy.. www.audiolife.com :D

Haha thanx...my mixes post --> http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=833

Sorry to MP for offtopicness :P

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Oct 2009, 20:41

how is the project coming along? I might be able to help supply some UScript services if needed for this project to speed the development along.

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Oct 2009, 23:39

Been on hiatus for a couple of weeks or so until Raven could free up some time to help me with the code fixes. There's a lot of clunkiness here and there that needs ironing out still. But it's getting there.

Previous Next