ividyon will never get this done, will he.

[ut] [u1] -D e a d C e l l-

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010, 11:46

More Forum News For UT users

As announced, we are configuring Dead Cell for both UT and Unreal 227. But as a special bonus for UT players, Dead Cell will release with an early version of our Nemesis Editor. While the specifics of what will come with this will be detailed in depth at a later time, I took some shots to give a little preview. Yes, it will be a lite version of what will be released with RD. But mappers making UT projects will at least get some use out of this. The reason the 227 release won't get this is pretty simple; the 227 patch already has its own expanded editor built in. Like I said though, this will be a very lite version of what we plan to shape up for mappers when RD is ready for release, and it's a functional alternative to the current UED2. You may not be able to see much there in the screenshots, but visible things are expanded toolkits, actor tag listings in the viewer for convenience, and Statistic toggle views for FPS, Global, Occlusion, and Zoning details. Obviously this is only a few things, but I'll have more to say about this. A full list of available features with Nemesis Ed Lite will be made eventually.

^WIP Splash

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010, 12:26

Cool...

Does it / will it feature a new rebuilder? Please say yes...
Life is what you make of it.

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010, 12:31

Specify?

EDIT: You mean a better Geometry rebuilder? Can't say. But we do have a additive geometry mode that might make it in.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010, 12:49

Mister_Prophet wrote:Specify?

EDIT: You mean a better Geometry rebuilder? Can't say. But we do have a additive geometry mode that might make it in.

That is what I was thinking of yeah - and a better raytracer (a Sunlight actor would be nice).

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010, 14:03

Is that a paint brush I see on the left toolbar? Vertex painting?!

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010, 14:37

Maybe it's time to say lil bit about this thing. 227 users will not have features that are already build-in 227 (adding extensions that are already there is pointless) for all other stuff - it'll be there. It's not an editor the way you think it is :-). Think of it as some kind of additional layer that extends current editor. So yeah - additional info, more functionalities (ATM I'm working on using GTK+ for new window/editors embedded into UED). Since there are no public headers for UED it's quite hard for me to add new stuff directly :). I'm using a little hack and doing all stuff inside base rendering class. Hope it's more clear for you what it is :)

Those buttons can be made by yourself - all of 'em are just UED commands (except actor tag visibility) new functions are not visible on this sshot.
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010, 03:34

I saw UMS in there. Been meaning to ask, what exactly does it do and what do you have to know/do to use it. I found some recorder for Unreal that I couldn't figure out, but there weren't any classes in it, so I assumed that wasn't the development UMS.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Jet v4.3.5

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010, 05:07

Sorry for double posting, but are the new features strictly for development, or are there other things like improved renderers for in-game tweaks or even lite shaders and post-processing things included?
ModDb Portfolio

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010, 05:26

Post processing, shaders. Yeah. When it comes to editor renderers we'll just have to see.

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010, 11:14

I'm working on editor renderer, dunno if I make it for release. Yeah - shaders and post-processing are there for quite a long time along with lame in-game post-process editor. Since we store all shaders using unreal package format we have commandlet (and frontend to it) to import/export everything. Once I finish adding GTK+ support we'll going to have in-UED shader window like sound import/export view. Here are details on how shaders works: http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio/?blog and here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eosX8DAv90E early video.
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010, 21:06

jetv435 wrote:I saw UMS in there. Been meaning to ask, what exactly does it do and what do you have to know/do to use it. I found some recorder for Unreal that I couldn't figure out, but there weren't any classes in it, so I assumed that wasn't the development UMS.

Unreal movie maker. It is basically a special gametype with new actors that enable you to use interpolation points to better organize ingame movies. For reference, we used it for the endings in Xidia Gold. You need to know some commands to get it to work properly (I use a wiki myself).

User avatar Jet v4.3.5

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010, 21:36

Mister_Prophet wrote:
jetv435 wrote:I saw UMS in there. Been meaning to ask, what exactly does it do and what do you have to know/do to use it. I found some recorder for Unreal that I couldn't figure out, but there weren't any classes in it, so I assumed that wasn't the development UMS.

Unreal movie maker. It is basically a special gametype with new actors that enable you to use interpolation points to better organize ingame movies. For reference, we used it for the endings in Xidia Gold. You need to know some commands to get it to work properly (I use a wiki myself).

I'm not too sure where to find one that's not an Unreal specific FRAPS app thing. I wouldn't know where to look in my own UT directory to find it even though I do have Xidia Gold. I'm not too sure what some of the links in that one forum thread you started a while back lead to, but I remember one of them leading to the recording one and you never confirmed that any of them were what you were looking for.
ModDb Portfolio

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010, 21:57

No no, it's not a fraps thing. It's a 3rd party thing that helps mappers make better ingame cutscenes in their maps. It's similar to Unreal's cinematic system and even uses the same actors, but has more capabilities.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010, 22:06

Well, yeah. I'm just saying that there are two things out there that use that name and one of them is a recording one, unless that's also the movie maker and I haven't noticed (it just seemed to be something that started UT and recorded what you did in .avi form or saved every frame as a screenshot). I'll look to see; I played around with something like that quite a wile ago, but maybe the one I was using also did the movie thing. Of course, I remember getting one that was obviously an in-game cutscene tool, too, but I hardly remember.

EDIT: I found it. That's pretty complex, to tell you the truth, but I'm reading some tutorials to try and figure it out. One question I have for you; what methods are you using for this (type of cutscene, complexity of cutscene, pawn management/actions, ect.)?
ModDb Portfolio

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010, 02:25

jetv435 wrote:
EDIT: I found it. That's pretty complex, to tell you the truth, but I'm reading some tutorials to try and figure it out. One question I have for you; what methods are you using for this (type of cutscene, complexity of cutscene, pawn management/actions, ect.)?

If I get my way I won't need to use it at all. But at the moment I have it setup as a simple intro with some actions going on. I prefer to implement pawns separately when using UMS, and I tend to plug in ordinary triggers and dispatchers to handle things outside of what the cameras are doing. I find it more efficient.

Previous Next