Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

[ut] [u1] -D e a d C e l l-

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar shawnd123
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010, 05:20

so does this mean that cutscenes will have this feature? that would be pretty sweet.

User avatar ElectricIce
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010, 08:44

Epic

User avatar gp
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010, 13:46

Mister_Prophet wrote:DEAD CELL MOUTH!

:o :tup:

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010, 01:11

Forum Update

I just wanted to give an unofficial heads up on the project. Explain why things are taking so long. Since December some parts of DC really expanded from the original idea. Besides trying to use this as a good way to prove some RD stuff (Subbasements and some other mentioned things) we're also trying to make new models for the protagonist, Mister Bowman, and all the other characters encountered. Thought I'd show a dev shot of what Mister Bowman's model will look like, and every character will basically share the general outfit (jumsuit) while retaining unique features, like hair, face, and sex. Really trying to make each character very personal, so there aren't any generic enemies encountered in the game. Everyone in Dead Cell will have a distinct personality, and every fight will be like a "boss fight."

Stuff like this takes time obviously, but I'm also using the opportunity to expand the mappage beyond that of what was done for the speedmapping contest, so it will still be a small release...but you'll get more than one map (essentially a main HUB and a secondary set of sub maps with backwards mobility). Also, I was serious when I said we are pursuing a dual release for both UT and 227g for Unreal, and of course that'll take some care to do right as well. What will probably happen is that the UT version will be finished and tested first, and then the one for 227...but this is just me talking, we could very well release them both at the same time. A big factor in this conversion is that I've noticed lighting has been altered somewhat in the latest 227 build, which is something I picked up on when Jackrabbit started on a port of Seven Bullets to 227, which I play tested. Basically, it changes (almost said fucks up ;) ) how background lighting to mesh works as compared to UT, so there's a good chance I'll have to take this into account for the port.

Some ideas I'm experimenting with is furthering the "survival of the fittest" theme of DC, meaning that the gameplay will be particularly minimalist and the difficulty rather challenging, given the size of the game. We're going to include things like limited data saving through inventory items, a healing system that is not based on instant health recuperation, and unlockable difficulties and achievements. I originally wanted it to be that you have only one life and no way to save, but I think I'll save this format for a special difficulty setting for the masochists out there. :o

Also, recently I've been on a mapping burst with RD and am closing the gap for finishing all the maps for the Odyssey IV segment of the game (the first planet Jones visits), so that's been distracting me.

Dead Cell is currently;

Mapping= Me
Coding= Raven
Models/Animation= diamond
Audio= Zynthetic, my girlfriend, and myself for voice acting, Zynthetic and Shivaxi for audio help.

Since his help making the HUD, Carthage has taken a leave of absence from the Unreal scene, so I'm actually on the hunt for a 2D artist, if anyone here is interested.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010, 01:20

Sounds fucking awesome. SAW: The Game, but not stupid, and made by a well-known-good mapper to boot. Glad to see that DC is getting a lot of care, since it probably would have been pretty buggy and unpolished if you had released it during the speedmapping contest. Not that it would have been bad, of course, but you're really letting it live up to its potential here which I am very excited about.

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010, 01:43

Waffnuffly wrote:Sounds fucking awesome. SAW: The Game, but not stupid, and made by a well-known-good mapper to boot. Glad to see that DC is getting a lot of care, since it probably would have been pretty buggy and unpolished if you had released it during the speedmapping contest. Not that it would have been bad, of course, but you're really letting it live up to its potential here which I am very excited about.

Well, when it was just the speedmapping contest it was much simpler. But yeah, I kinda worked myself into a corner during those six weeks, trying to get everything to work in such a short time.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010, 03:44

To anyone, such as diamond; how do you set up you layout and theme in Max like that. Mine's just grey and the layout looks completely different to that, and to others that I have seen, which look just like what you have there. Also, any simple tutorials you might have or know of?
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010, 03:54

Are you using Max2010 or Max9? 2010 is the dark gray theme; Max 9 is the oldschool gray thing. You can still configure the colors of the viewports and all though somewhere in the mess of settings.

User avatar NaliSlayer
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010, 15:15

Mister_Prophet wrote:Forum Update
Also, recently I've been on a mapping burst with RD and am closing the gap for finishing all the maps for the Odyssey IV segment of the game (the first planet Jones visits), so that's been distracting me.

crap,first planet? :( then we wont play RD this year :( anyway good luck on DC,cant wait to end up in jail for 90 days :twisted:
Edit: unless u release in episodes,ake HL2 style

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010, 17:30

When you make a pack, you don't have to make everything in chronological order. That's something they did with Seven Bullets. I think they did the Noork segment first in that case.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010, 18:21

NaliSlayer wrote:
Mister_Prophet wrote:Also, recently I've been on a mapping burst with RD and am closing the gap for finishing all the maps for the Odyssey IV segment of the game (the first planet Jones visits), so that's been distracting me.

crap,first planet? :( then we wont play RD this year :( ...

Doesn't mean that it's the first planet that's being mapped. It may as well be the last section... it's just the first planet that Jones visits...

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010, 18:29

At the risk of answering RD questions in a DC thread, yeah...I don't map chronologically. Many of the last maps of RD were completed (build wise) in 2006.

User avatar Nalisavior
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010, 03:54

How many prisoner's are there anyway?

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010, 08:14

There is a list on the website of all the "members." To answer your question, there are eight. Their names are on the poll and I'll eventually have some screens and info on a few of them once we get our models up to speed.

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010, 14:09

Members of an exclusive murder club, Death Chivalry.

Previous Next