A random sentence for a random mind.

[u227i] Unreal: Resurgence

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: [u227][ut] Resurgence Pt. I

Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014, 23:05

What if we released a full archive for both games along with separate archives? Everything needed to play would be included in all three archives. Would people be annoyed by choosing between three downloads? It would mean a bit more work for us (especially if we need to patch something), but at least nobody would have to download files they don't need.

Edit: In retrospect, it was dumb that I didn't decide that in the first place. I think we'll just go with that.

Thanks, guys!

bob
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: [u227][ut] Resurgence Pt. I

Post Posted: 09 Apr 2014, 00:08

option 1
distribute both as a single archive. , check for there version and dynamicload whatever files that version of the game requires.

option 2
distibute both in one archive , and include them in a custom installer package , that installs whatever the user wants to install , or detects in the installer path ,
offer to install both , if the user has botpack installer in 227 ,
offer to install the game using custom paths and point there (installs) of unreal/ut to a comon maps /resources folder.

User avatar pl1982
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Re: [u227][ut] Unreal: Resurgence Part 1

Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014, 15:50

This looks incredibly good! Godspeed Teridax and crew! I hope this goes all the way to release, it looks incredibly promising. And as always, thank you so much for all the effort you and the other guys working on this have done so far.

User avatar AlCapowned

Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014, 16:04

Thank you! We're making steady progress.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014, 16:18

re: different versions, you could ask .:..: about how he magically made FireStorm compatible with all Unreal/UT versions without creating separate versions of the files. :)
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar AlCapowned

Post Posted: 17 May 2014, 22:41

Here's a video of our weapons so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXgcU6auPv0

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 18 May 2014, 00:46

What's the Razik Melee damage?
Impaler looks great (even if doesn't have the seeking projectile fire sadly) though I wish it wasn't center-forced.
ImageImage

User avatar AlCapowned

Post Posted: 18 May 2014, 05:14

It starts at 25, and then goes to 28, 30, and 32 with powerups. I expect to change the stats for all of the weapons once we start beta testing.

I can make the impaler be held at different angles, but I definitely want to keep the minicannon and stunner in the center.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 18 May 2014, 06:44

Awesome! These all look very fun to use.

I'm not overly keen on the Razik, though, for the following reasons:

• It is just a single claw on one side of the screen. For the best and coolest animations, I'd imagine it to be two of them, with various alternating animations.
  • The default idle animation already has the weapon stretched out way to the front. Imagining the player permanently holding it like that just looks weird; rather, it should be barely visible/tucked away at the bottom of the screen like you'd see with fists in the Elder Scrolls/(new) Fallout series.
  • As they are now, the claws - while certainly logical and efficient - do not look very threatening. I'd have imagined Skaarj claws to exhibit the Unreal 1 design of straight blades on the inner side, and jagged, curved razors on the outer.

Other than that, I've nothing negative to say! Love the beam effect on the Krall staff.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar pl1982
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 18 May 2014, 10:21

Commented on this over at ModDB as well. This looks awesome, very well done. I do however see (and agree with) the point of ivi regarding the Razik blades: make 2 of them! In fact, you can just take the one you have and duplicate it on the other side (inverting it) and it will be fine, then just create alternating animations to simulate the punching effect. I don't really mind the way the blades look at the moment, only thing I would maybe change is the length, just make them a slight bit longer. Well, that's my input; thank you for the update and for the work you are doing on this.

User avatar AlCapowned

Post Posted: 19 May 2014, 00:07

It seems like 2 raziks is a popular request, so I'll work on that. I can't guarantee anything about making them look better, though. As it is now, the razik is just the arms from UT2004's Dominator mesh with different UV maps and skins. I originally wanted to use the Unreal 2 razik, but the blades just didn't look good in first person. I'll see what I can do and maybe post a few different renders or something to see what people like the most.

Also, Teridax has put some new screenshots on the main post.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 19 May 2014, 00:41

Another guy who thinks the Raziks are cool but would be cooler if they can be dual wielded. Mainly, just because it's more distinctive of the Skaarj when used this way. The other weapons are interesting. I think if there is room for improvement it would be to make more variations to the skins.

On the topic of the pix on the first post, the levels looks ace. Keep at it guys :tup:

User avatar AlCapowned

Post Posted: 31 May 2014, 05:06

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jVR9a_XMxo

Here's the new version of the razik(s). There are a total of 12 melee animations, with some right-hand attacks, left-hand attacks, four blade attacks that do twice the damage, and more.

With this, I am very happy to announce that Doublez-Down and Tronovision have joined the project as mappers. I'm looking forward to what you guys make, I know that you're both going to do a great job! \o/

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 31 May 2014, 10:31

I might add that this is fucking awesome!
:tup: :tup:
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 31 May 2014, 10:48

This is amazing! What about a spin attack? :tup:
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

Previous Next