This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

[u1] [ut] FireStorm

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [u1] [ut] FireStorm

Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016, 11:27

I promise i'll give it a 10/10 review vote when it's out look forward to that
ImageImage

User avatar Preki
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016, 18:02

Mister_Prophet wrote:The problem is Turboman keeps touching it.

Ah, the thing I call the pre-release syndrome. It's when developer tries to finish an already finished work, I know it by experience since I'm a game maker myself. I do realize that every creator wants to deliver their best, but perfectionism might lead to nowhere. As Jörg "Eiswuxe" Winterstein (the guy behind Takatis and Hurrican) pointed out in an interview - "In short, a game is never ready, you just stop working on it. Like on a painting." My words exactly! Currently I'm done with three releases, and I always find something off here and there like bugs, bad (sometimes horribly bad) designs, dialogues, storylines, et cetera. Nevertheless I'm satisfied with what I've done so far. There's really no point in refraining from releasing the mod if it has been already tested for possible glitches because frankly, if you remove one bug, another one pops out and you can play like that endlessly.

radios wrote:I think FiireStorm is waiting for The Chosen One to be released, and vice versa, there could be a competition to make the best map.. but, SOMEONE has to release a map first!. that's the problem...

I'm not sure if I've seen almost the same post in the TCO or this thread... Competition is one theory, but a very unlikely one. Both mods are equally good.

User avatar evilgrins
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016, 19:45

Semfry wrote:
FXANBSS wrote:It's cancelled.

No it isn't, unless something has happened I don't know about.

The dragons went on strike!

asgard12000
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016, 09:46

Well I'm a long time out of the scene. But I scripted the dragons and a few other pawns. Also did a new version of the space marines with mouse driven chat menus.
I may release the new ver of the marines some time soon as they're also dependent on another project. i'll try to catch up with turbo to see whats happening
UMSSpaceMarine, Jurassic, MonsterSpawn, AKcoop, Spinner, Predator, RTNP2U, Firestorm

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016, 08:02

Any chance on the dragons being released?

Y'know, so we can practice on them elsewhere for when Firestorm eventually does come out...

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016, 17:08

If you really wanted to practice you could start by actually playing Unreal and RtNP. :P

asgard12000
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016, 08:26

evilgrins wrote:Any chance on the dragons being released?

Y'know, so we can practice on them elsewhere for when Firestorm eventually does come out...

Well the dragons are only a minor part of Firestorm, and if you were to play Firestorm just for the dragons you may be disappointed.

The new maps is what its all about along with the new music, a whole new adventure if you please.

In the event that Turbo decides that it wont be released sure I can release the pawns, however that would be a disaster.

I know from experience the longer things go on, the harder they are to finish, so I guess we just need to be patient.
UMSSpaceMarine, Jurassic, MonsterSpawn, AKcoop, Spinner, Predator, RTNP2U, Firestorm

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016, 20:40

This mod is for Unreal Tournament v436 (OldSkool) and Unreal v226?
I grant you the ultimate power!

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016, 00:43

asgard12000 wrote:Well the dragons are only a minor part of Firestorm, and if you were to play Firestorm just for the dragons you may be disappointed.

At this point my disappointment is I heard about this thing in 2011 and so far as I know, nobody's gotten to play it (as it's not done) or any of the other new creatures being made for it... and the dragons.

I. WANT. MONSTERS. TO. FIGHT.

User avatar Preki
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016, 15:15

FXANBSS wrote:This mod is for Unreal Tournament v436 (OldSkool) and Unreal v226?

As of now at least, but some say on OldUnreal forums it is going to be Unreal 227 exclusive. It doesn't matter anyway, I'll embrace the mod in whatever version.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016, 16:34

Turboman switched to patch 227 awhile ago. This is also when a lot of the influx of new content started to happen, so I'm guessing the switch had a lot to do with delays.

User avatar Kajgue
N-Team Leader N-Team Leader

Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016, 20:11

Just for the benefit of Turboman, I offered to let those wondering what's going on with firestorm know, Turboman is currently juggling with some real life commitments at the moment, and will resume work on Firestorm when that is all out of the way, he has no intention cancelling Firestorm; so I wouldn't worry, it'll just take time for him to find the time to return working on it.
N-Team leader
The Silver Blades clan chief

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016, 18:04

Kajgue wrote:Just for the benefit of Turboman, I offered to let those wondering what's going on with firestorm know, Turboman is currently juggling with some real life commitments at the moment, and will resume work on Firestorm when that is all out of the way, he has no intention cancelling Firestorm; so I wouldn't worry, it'll just take time for him to find the time to return working on it.
I'm glad you were able to contact him. his last post here was 2 years ago.

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016, 06:53

asgard12000 wrote:

In the event that Turbo decides that it wont be released sure I can release the pawns, however that would be a disaster.

I doubt any pawn you might release would be a "disaster".
Mooo !

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016, 07:16

MrLoathsome wrote:
asgard12000 wrote:

I doubt any pawn you might release would be a "disaster".

It's the implication of releasing the pawns separately: Turboman not releasing his SP project - that's what the "disaster" refers to.

UBerserker wrote:I promise i'll give it a 10/10 review vote when it's out look forward to that

:)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

Previous Next