Scout-kun is a lie... right?

[u1] [ut] FireStorm

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Kaka
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: [u1] [ut] FireStorm

Post Posted: 24 May 2016, 23:25

Turboman - just release the god damn thing mkay? HAHAHA!

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 25 May 2016, 02:33

Don't worry, the moment is coming very slowly...

Just have some patience for it, BTW, i don't think it has a lot of awesome stuff, with the old trailers it's enough spoiler, probably.
I grant you the ultimate power!

User avatar evilgrins
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 28 May 2016, 05:55

...want...kill...dragon...

User avatar Hyper
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016, 14:19

Please do a release. Just with what you have. Or even a beta dump or release. You can polish it during the next 10 years.

It. Is. Time.

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016, 01:56

Kajgue wrote:Just for the benefit of Turboman, I offered to let those wondering what's going on with firestorm know, Turboman is currently juggling with some real life commitments at the moment

What is this "real life" you speak of?

nikosv

Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016, 09:53

I played Firestorm a few years ago. It's really good!

:)

Edit: Really though, it's unbelievably long and quite good considering the state it was in when I saw it around 2013 or so. I had a delightful time. Custom pawn models are beautiful in action. Some environments were one of a kind and really brought out the nine year old gamer in me. True awe. Sorry y'all weren't friends with the beta testers :P And sorry for being a jerk, had an insomnia night and I just remembered that this site existed
Current Project: None. WTFs2 had to go to sleep, RIP.

I still sometimes sculpt PS2-style terrain by hand with Blender 3. Some passions always linger.

Themisto
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016, 01:42

nikosv wrote:I played Firestorm a few years ago. It's really good!

:)

Edit: Really though, it's unbelievably long and quite good considering the state it was in when I saw it around 2013 or so. I had a delightful time. Custom pawn models are beautiful in action. Some environments were one of a kind and really brought out the nine year old gamer in me. True awe. Sorry y'all weren't friends with the beta testers :P And sorry for being a jerk, had an insomnia night and I just remembered that this site existed

that is very cool to know

User avatar Kajgue
N-Team Leader N-Team Leader

Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016, 15:23

evilgrins wrote:
Kajgue wrote:Just for the benefit of Turboman, I offered to let those wondering what's going on with firestorm know, Turboman is currently juggling with some real life commitments at the moment

What is this "real life" you speak of?

A real life which is really real opposed to his 'Unreal' life. (also real, but a different sort of real)
N-Team leader
The Silver Blades clan chief

nikosv

Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016, 06:31

I understand Turboman is going through some stuff right now, so I want this to be taken as an 'Eventually' idea. Like you know, in a year or whatever.

I think a beta dump is a good idea. Maybe four to eight people have betas from 2007 onward, but Turboman should do an officially warranted dump for this entire (small!) community. Us folk could hash out what we're given for like, months and months, probably years. Based on what I've heard from my beta friend, there is a lot to talk about. A patch or two would come out even, still beta, maybe fixing machine compatibility with new effects, or fatal bugs.

Then, after much community involvement (maybe even some small degree of contribution? requests to do clean up on textures or sounds? high-resolution texture support?), Turboman could do the unthinkable and release the Darn Thing.

I hate to put this on him now, esp. with the Real going on. But this is Unreal, dammit! Let's make something happen.
Current Project: None. WTFs2 had to go to sleep, RIP.

I still sometimes sculpt PS2-style terrain by hand with Blender 3. Some passions always linger.

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016, 17:32

Does Turboman browse these forums anymore? I only ever see him on OU.

User avatar Kajgue
N-Team Leader N-Team Leader

Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016, 19:19

I've seen him active here a few times, but then again I'm not very much active here anymore either.

I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread (can't remember that well), but he's been a bit pre-occupied with work and his relationships for a while. He does want to finish Firestorm, however.
N-Team leader
The Silver Blades clan chief

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016, 19:52

Kajgue wrote:I've seen him active here a few times, but then again I'm not very much active here anymore either.

I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread (can't remember that well), but he's been a bit pre-occupied with work and his relationships for a while. He does want to finish Firestorm, however.

And that is, again, good to know :)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar ElectricIce

Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016, 04:54

I would like to extend a great and warm hand on this community's shoulder, for how long this project has been in development, we've never seen a release "leak" as anyone that have various betas could do.

THAT is something to be proud of, and only really proves how worth this project's wait is going to be.

User avatar Jigoku

Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016, 01:41

I'm waiting to play this thing already!
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

User avatar Nalisavior
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016, 08:47

Obligatory 1 year "cant wait to play this" post. I mean if so much work has been done on it, 30+ maps, unique models, several beta tester testimonies of how great it is etc, theres no way Turboman wouldn't release/cancel it right? and that its just a matter of time before he releases it finished or as is which by the sounds of it is already amazing. Been waiting to play this since I was 14 years old, now I'm 22 haha.

Previous Next