Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

[ut] Residual Decay

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar ElectricIce
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 20:04

I've seen code, It's easy to create something when you just modify.. but when you create something entire new.. it takes time.. and you will have to test if the code works.. Debug it.. then test it again until it works perfect. like the way you want it. Quality takes time....

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 23:03

What I don't understand is why some people express their impatience in an accusing way.

The developers here do this in their spare time, it's not their profession. So what if it takes 2 or 3 years or longer. It's not as though what has been produced is going to be thown away. And there is no obligation to make anything anyway.

Every time a developer has to answer a question about the status of development - you're making him/her waste valuable time which could be used on developing :x

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009, 19:08

The more years until the release the more of a dramatic anticipation you can muster. :lol:

User avatar Nalisavior
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009, 06:44

I didn't mean to be rude there's a lot of dead sites now a days.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009, 08:53

Ours not being one of them.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Jan 2010, 10:30

lol burn :lol:

RD is one which I don't really complain about releasing. I just eagerly anticipate it.

The OTHER map packs on this site however.... I feel no remorse complaining about, because they've been letting on that they are ready to release for about a year now :lol:

anyways, sorry for a bump that doesn't contribute anything, my visits are sporadic now and I like to do mass postings. :)
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Jan 2010, 21:48

Heya Knuckle :tup:

User avatar NaliSlayer
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 15:44

:o i cant wait for the release of RD (neither i can wait for TCO,UT99 SDK and FireStorm :lol: ) but if all these project get released this year (and i really hope so) then 2010 will set a major point for the UT99/Unreal community,btw: i hope all these projects gone be hard on unreal difficult (or any higher difficult) because u get the most fun on the highest difficult (and also the most playtime),im always sad when i finish a map pack,because when u end it on the highest difficult,then the second time u know everything and its way too easy to play. (challenge: play RD with only fist on highest difficult when it gets released :lol: :lol: )

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010, 23:53

NaliSlayer wrote:... but if all these project get released this year (and i really hope so) then 2010 will set a major point for the UT99/Unreal community

2010 started out quite nicely with part 1 of Project Xenome. If everything planned/wanted with regards to mappacks does materialise in 2010, then I guess I won't be able to watch the Aussie Open, Roland Garros, Wimbledon, Tour de France, WC soccer, etc., Cricket, Darts, not to mention the Ryder Cup.

Ah, damn it, how to define priorities?

User avatar Nalisavior
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010, 06:20

How many maps will there be per world? and how many worlds are there?

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010, 08:16

Nalisavior wrote:How many maps will there be per world? and how many worlds are there?

There are five worlds visited in five different timelines. Amount of maps visited on each differs, and because of the sub-level system it's rather speculative to say what constitutes a "map" at the moment. At the moment I'd have to say that the Na Pali segment could be the longest due to the inclusion of BFNP salvage and also the most expansive in terms of distance traveled. They all vary in length, but each planet plays as if it were its own campaign.

nikosv
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010, 19:38

I realized that gameplay footage of RD has never been shown. I'm sure the public doesn't care how beta various elements of said demonstration would be, as long as it would somewhat closely represent what the final product will feel like. How about it?
Current Project: None. WTFs2 had to go to sleep, RIP.

I still sometimes sculpt PS2-style terrain by hand with Blender 3. Some passions always linger.

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010, 21:29

Perhaps after Dead Cell is off my plate. I have a particular opinion on showing content when it comes to game videos that I'm sure drives people who have been following the project nuts. But you only get one first impression.

SP2000
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010, 23:17

So are we looking at a 2010 release for Dead Cell? And hopefully RD will be released within this decade? Or maybe 2012 if we're really lucky?

It's kind of strange that Dead Cell is coming out before RD since RD has been in development for almost 5 years now, and Dead Cell was just announced recently. I suppose it's because Dead Cell is not the same scale as RD is.

I have to say that out of any other map pack, RD is the only one I can say I would gladly pay $60 as a full game for. It will hopefully provide a final closure to the Jones saga, which so far collectively as been the best single player mod series of any game. I think only The Nameless Mod for Deus Ex holds a candle to it, although that was in development for seven years.

It seems that single player mod projects in general always take an astronomical time period to finish. Black Mesa Source for HL2 has also had a seven year development time and still isnt released. :P

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010, 23:38

Nope - RD is larger. But because RD and DC will use same (exactly the same) codebase - improving DC = improving RD :).
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

Previous Next