Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

[ut] Residual Decay

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject: [ut] Residual Decay

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 12:03

Developer: Red Nemesis
Image Image
Synopsis: Mauled in a duel with the Scarred One, Jones is left for dead on the polluted soil of what used to be Noork’s Elbow. Paralyzed and blinded by his injuries, all he can do is stare up at the exhaust scorched Na Pali sky. Waiting for the inevitable. So wounded is he, that he cannot even lift his hands to eject seven rounds from his nearest cartridge. In that moment, the only thing in the universe that matters to a dying marine is a soldier's final superstitions and the hope of passing through to the other side clean. Jones never thought that he would hope for anything. But there...in those last moments...a dying marine reflects on a life given to the service. And he prays for the first time since he was a child. Not so that he may live. No. He prays that his duty will be fullfilled. That this wasn't another Xidia. That something good was done here...on this diseased asshole of deep space. Yes, he thinks to himself. That would be enough.

So he waits. And as the darkness takes him, he swears that he hears a voice.

But what should have probably happened to him a dozen times over in the past is evaded once again. The darkness is pushed back and a spotlight hovers over him. The last thing he hears before he loses consciousness is the sound of many footfalls rushing towards him. And the last rational thought he has...is that those footfalls sound awfully similar to USM standard issue combat boots.

Rushed back to the USM-Ice Raven, the best division sponsored money can afford brings Jones back from the brink. Calcium therapy replenishes shattered bones, tissue loss, and even restores his pulverized vertebrae. Severed nerves are repaired by cloned cellular injections. An eye is amputated and replaced with state of the art optical mechanics. The military spares no expense to preserve their heroes, especially those that are so vital to the recruiting sector. They even augment his physical abilities farther than necessary. Waiver approved, of course.

So a marine wakes up. And realizes that he left most of himself behind.

Something changes. He is not grateful. No, this is disappointment. Why him, he wonders? Good men like Crowley go to their deaths and he is the one who makes it. Time and time again. If he was a different kind of man, he might be tempted to pull that safety back on his sidearm and paint the walls of his bunk with the color of his thoughts. But no. This marine always preferred the gaunlet over the tender mercies. So he kills himself the slow way, like always. Jones splashes his artificial liver with fresh alcohol and gazes past the scarred reflection on his cabin window…into the vastness of cold space. Living to fight another day.

But something happens. Someone or something intervenes. When Jones wakes from a drunken slumber and finds himself alone and isolated on the Ice Raven, he discovers that there is some omnipotent force controlling the vessel. This force has a voice. A very familiar voice. And this voice wants something from Jones.

This is a damaged soldier’s final chance to redeem himself.

This is Residual Decay.

Semper Fi.

Features: 37 playable Maps (atm), a completely new arsenal comprised of over twenty weapons, new levels of environmental interactivity and combat based gameplay, and many other radical changes to the Unreal formula. See website for more in depth information and loads of media.
Links: Official Site
Last edited by Mister_Prophet on 10 Oct 2009, 02:28, edited 8 times in total.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 18:47

I can't approve this thread just yet... the images cannot exceed 400x300 in size and I would prefer there to be two or four. You also need to put an [ut] tag in the subject, which will specify which game the mod is being developed for on the actual Upcoming Maps page.

In other words, there's more to it than just the template... please refer back to the rules for posting. Thanks!
Life is what you make of it.

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 19:57

Updated.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 20:07

Nice work. I took one of the pics out as I would prefer 2x or 4x (arranged in pairs) rather than 3x. Feel free to add two more.

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 20:11

There's a strange bug when I try to use " " over a word. Displays them as %quote or something to that effect.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 20:12

Mister_Prophet wrote:There's a strange bug when I try to use " " over a word. Displays them as %quote or something to that effect.

Oh yeah... I'd forgotten that one... best to use 'single quotes' for now. :B

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 20:23

Try using \"?
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Nalisavior
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 08:07

is anyone still even working on this project??? :/

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 12:22

What makes you think that nobody doesn't work? It's not few maps - it's huge total conversion, these things takes time to complete and making it bugless.
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

Desmond
Pupae Pupae

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 12:48

Leave it alone. It'll be never completed - like UT Extension Pack and ... The Cho ... hm, TCO i hope will be relased :)

Unfortunately there is bunch of UT successors (UT3, GoW etc) and most UT mappers/coders are creating their stuff for newer engine versions.

So ... try playing Duke Nukem 3D with HRP and Polymer renderer (I think soon it'll have graphics like UT) or Monster Hunt :D
MH player

User avatar -Visc-
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 13:01

Team Red Nemesis always finished what they started, it just takes some time.

User avatar ElectricIce

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 13:27

Never seen an Unreleased product of Team red Nemesis. Like Visc Said It takes time to create over 37 maps..

User avatar Raven

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 15:32

Besides some team member have more then one project :).

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 18:22

Nalisavior wrote:is anyone still even working on this project??? :/

Does anyone visit our website?

Desmond wrote:Leave it alone. It'll be never completed - like UT Extension Pack...ect ect...

Residual Decay is much further along than the Extension pack ever was. The are about 28-30 finished levels and there will be more by the time we are finished (this is potentially the biggest one released for either Unreal and UT). And this is not just another mappack. I'll grant you that our game could have been finished by now if we had a steady foundation of members over the years. As much as our fan base here has aspired us to crank it out, it's important not to forget that a semi-conversion of RD's size this many years after a game's release...with such a small core of consistent members (I and Zynthetic are now the only remaining members from the original team, and he doesn't map. Everyone else hired on later)...things take time.

Rome was not built in a day. But it was built.

In the meantime, there IS a public section devoted to us on this very forum (this thread is for website pimping purposes) and of course our hosted site at BU that gets updated regularly every couple of months. That may not seem like "speedy dev", I'm sure. But after five years for a game pushing a decade, I think that's pretty good.

User avatar Raven

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 18:40

Desmond wrote:Leave it alone. It'll be never completed - like UT Extension Pack and ... The Cho ... hm, TCO i hope will be relased :)

Well I'm coder in both RD and TCO and they're coming along nicely. It's not something which can be done in a month - Linux compatibility, networking code it really takes a lot of time to make it working perfectly smooth.

Next