A random sentence for a random mind.

[u1] [ut] WTF Series 2

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

nikosv
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: [u1] [ut] WTF Series 2

Post Posted: 13 May 2013, 18:34

Oh, that video... I recorded that when, yes, there was a rebuild bug and the entire level was eaten and turned into a lava zone.

I'm happy to say that my last final for my third year of university ends today, after which I'll have plenty of time to finish part of series two with Shivaxi. I've urged him to consider releasing WTF5,6,7 as opposed to the planned release with levels 8 and 9. We haven't yet reached an agreement, nevertheless something will be happening in the next couple of months.
Current Project: None. WTFs2 had to go to sleep, RIP.

I still sometimes sculpt PS2-style terrain by hand with Blender 3. Some passions always linger.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013, 19:35

so...dont get ur hopes up but...ive started working on this again and ive made some good progress. I'm thinking about doing LOL_PEANUTS idea and releasing a part 1 and 2...so part 1 of wtf series 1 will come first and probably include the first 4 maps of the series, wtf4, 5, 6, and 7, as these maps are done or near completion.

Was also thinking about releasing a mutator fix or patch for wtf series 1, to fix a lot of the horribly broken shit thats goin on there =P
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013, 01:28

I'm all for the episode idea.
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013, 02:12

I also support episodic releases. It's worked wonders for Residual Decay. Less stress on you means better maps getting made.

Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013, 06:42

I figure that as long as episodes don't detract from the original vision, and you've got a whole set of maps which would otherwise have to wait another 10 years for the other maps to get finished before you can release them, it would be ridiculous not to release. Can always patch up the first few episodes as you go along :)

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013, 09:28

TheIronKnuckle wrote:I figure that as long as episodes don't detract from the original vision, and you've got a whole set of maps which would otherwise have to wait another 10 years for the other maps to get finished before you can release them, it would be ridiculous not to release. Can always patch up the first few episodes as you go along :)

which is precisely why i think its a good idea to release the first 3 maps as a part 1...since they're all almost complete. (wtf4 and 5 are pretty much 100%). the next couple maps though, wtf8 and 9...no where near completion...its gonna take a lot of work these 2...and as much as i wish i could release them all together as the next series...its been too long since i released anything at all (map wise) and i need to get these maps out.

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013, 02:24

LOL_PEANUTS, if you see this...what happened to the nali tattoo glowing skin?

I can't seem to find this. I'm currently re-doing it in gimp right now but if you have the original laying around somewhere, that'd be dandy

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013, 12:08

soooo...i got bored and...look what i whipped up in a few hours! =D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3fVZBggNIE

Shows off most of what you guys have already seen in screenshots, except much more finished now (although I should note that not all the areas you see in this video are in their final stage of completion) but also a few new and never-before-seen areas and content forthcoming ^^ Plus, showed off a bit of the horror that is to come ;) Hopefully without giving too much away :P

Peanuts and I are planning (and seriously going to try this time) to release this BEFORE 2014...so end of 2013 expect SOMEthing xD

edit: now i really need to get to sleep... (6 am)

User avatar AndryxaXP
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013, 13:23

:tup: it looks awesome

User avatar Tronovision
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013, 16:00

This mapping project is really coming along. I like the ravine at 23 seconds. Keep it coming! 8)

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013, 17:49

There are some really great looking environments in there. :tup: I look forward to playing it.

User avatar SteadZ
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013, 18:14

Woah.... wtf indeed...
That was probably one of the most awesome trailers I've seen, I can tell this is gonna be great :D
Also, good job remixing requiem for a tower (dream, whatever :P) probably one of the most awesome trailer tracks taken to a whole new level ;)
Hope this comes out this year
SZ

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013, 20:31

Thanks for your replies ^^ The music is Shadows by Unknown Error actually...you can find it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VomzD9SXLbk (watch in 720p for better sound quality)

Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013, 06:14

Rather the wonderful. That smokey mountain and elevator to infinity turn me on

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013, 16:02