Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

[u1] Nature Temple

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Rarsonic
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: [u1] Nature Temple

Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009, 21:24

Developer: Rarsonic
Image Image
Image Image
Synopsis: You barely made it out of there... at least you caused them a nice ruckus! Unfortunately, on your trip home, your escape pod crashes inside of what it seems to be a temple. It is time, once again, to find a way to continue your voyage home.
Features: 8 different environments in the same map distributed along a hub (the temple). Combat will only consist of wild animals, that's it, no intelligent/advanced opposition such as skaarj, krall, brutes or mercs.
Latest News: Project moved to 227.
Links: No links.
Last edited by Rarsonic on 01 Sep 2012, 00:37, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar Frieza
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009, 21:32

Nice to see this project still alive. New screenshots look promising

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009, 21:41

*caught* align the rocks *caught*

AND if you choose for the ground Morrowind Highres Textures *I know them one the picture, seen often enough during scrolling of my highres texture package folders^^* WHY NOT for the rocks as well?
And if you tell me what landscape this should be at the end (more european like forest or tropical jungle) I could suggest you maybe better textures^^
>:E
--------------------------------------------------
Waffnuffly wrote:Holy shit a HOUSE-SIZED BOX

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009, 21:52

Taken out "The locations in the screenshots might differ in the finished product." as it doesn't fit the present template. Aside from that I'm happy to approve the thread.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Rarsonic

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009, 21:55

Creavion wrote:*caught* align the rocks *caught*

AND if you choose for the ground Morrowind Highres Textures *I know them one the picture, seen often enough during scrolling of my highres texture package folders^^* WHY NOT for the rocks as well?
And if you tell me what landscape this should be at the end (more european like forest or tropical jungle) I could suggest you maybe better textures^^

For the rocks... Which screenshot do you mean?

And if by "morrowind" textures you mean the grass texture in the fourth picture... it is not from morrowind. I made it myself with texture maker, which trial version supports textues up to 256x256. I just thought I'd test it while adding a little texture variety to the map... :P In the end, I might just stick with Hourences' nature textures pack.

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009, 22:13

Rocks: 2nd
Texture: Yearh..
NOT exactly the same. :lol:

Only one thing.. if the player has to fight ONLY against ANIMALS, will he find ANY ammo or weapons or something like that? Or from beginning to end Dispersion Pistol und Nali Fruits as health pickups?

Edit: Texturepackages for Landscapes: Search for Khalazza production - MW Visual Pack 2.0 and/or Visual Pack XT plugin, and/or KP_MW_Visual_Pack_2.2_nature. They contain really nice textures.

Waffnuffly wrote:Holy shit a HOUSE-SIZED BOX

User avatar Rarsonic

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009, 22:23

Creavion wrote:Only one thing.. if the player has to fight ONLY against ANIMALS, will he find ANY ammo or weapons or something like that? Or from beginning to end Dispersion Pistol und Nali Fruits as health pickups?

Of course, more people have tried to get through the temple... with predictable consequences. :P

Creavion wrote:Edit: Texturepackages for Landscapes: Search for Khalazza production - MW Visual Pack 2.0 and/or Visual Pack XT plugin, and/or KP_MW_Visual_Pack_2.2_nature. They contain really nice textures.

Thanks! I might check them out!
Last edited by Rarsonic on 07 Apr 2011, 00:42, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar Nahand
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Feb 2009, 01:53

...i'm curious to know exactly what you have in mind referring to animals only-combat. (since you already explained the weapon part). Will the player be fightin' hobo mantas, pasturing nali cows, and generally assaulting nali bunnies in not-so-innocent ways?? Or are you planning on some voracious bunnies? Or the better solution (but more troublesome): new pawns entirely?...
...'sharp dressed man'...

User avatar Rarsonic

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Feb 2009, 02:54

Nahand wrote:...i'm curious to know exactly what you have in mind referring to animals only-combat. (since you already explained the weapon part). Will the player be fightin' hobo mantas, pasturing nali cows, and generally assaulting nali bunnies in not-so-innocent ways?? Or are you planning on some voracious bunnies? Or the better solution (but more troublesome): new pawns entirely?...

What I call "animals" include:

• Flies
  • Mantas
  • Biterfish
  • Devilfish
  • Sliths
  • Gasbags
  • Squids
  • Packhunters/Predators
  • Spinners
  • Titans

What I might possibly add is modified pawns. I don't plan adding new pawns.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Feb 2009, 13:30

It's possible to scrap the Biterfish from that list? :B
How about adding Asgard's new Spinners? Those are totally unused. The gameplay in this will be pretty much refreshing without the intelligent pawns anyway.
ImageImage

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 May 2009, 23:23

I am registering a broken image on the Upcoming Maps page. Is anybody else getting the same thing, and if so please could it be corrected?

Life is what you make of it.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 May 2009, 23:27

Yes, there's a broken image.
ImageImage

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 May 2009, 23:45

yeah same here....borked :/
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Rarsonic

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 May 2009, 01:26

Corrected. Although it is strange that the other three images aren't broken too.

As for the progress of the map, I'm a bit stuck, mostly because of other work. I'll give you news as soon as possible.

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009, 20:44

For the case you still need some nice texture stuff, following link should make you happy:

http://www.mwmythicmods.com/telesphoros.htm#12

Next