This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

[ut] ISV-Dragonfly

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar ElectricIce
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009, 16:07

i guess the 3d map is going to show "you are here"?

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009, 16:18

PDA version of Unreal... :P

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009, 18:56

{WINGS}Zombiehunter wrote:i guess the 3d map is going to show "you are here"?

You remember Descent? That kind of map. When you download a file of an area, a labyrinth for example, you can easily find a path through it. With the "You Are Here" thingy.

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009, 20:52

qtit wrote:You remember Descent?

I loved that game. :D
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009, 01:21

Lightning Hunter wrote:

Shit yeah!

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009, 08:46

Waffnuffly wrote:
Lightning Hunter wrote:

Shit yeah!

Um, yea.

I'm still not sure if it's going to work though. It doesn't so far... :/

User avatar ElectricIce

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009, 13:29

I never played it xD but oh well I kind of get it.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009, 14:13

{WINGS}Zombiehunter wrote:I never played it xD but oh well I kind of get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbk9Aw9w ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXCn5QcS ... PL&index=6 - he's good.

So you'd know what you've missed :P Brilliant game. The music, atmosphere and gameplay. Strafeing in 4 directions, rotation in yaw, pitch and roll all at once? Try it without using the mose :D (and using a mouse is a bad idea... Joystick, better.)

Ond now imagine a map in that game. Also rotateamble in all directions. Trying to do someting like it.

Edit:

ON a PDA screen :P That's the difficulty 'ere.

Edit2:

K, got problem with one function in HUD (Canvas):
Unreal Wiki wrote:DrawClippedActor (Actor (UT) A, bool WireFrame, int X, int Y, int XB, int YB, optional bool ClearZ)
Same as DrawActor(), but only draws within the rectangle specified by X, Y, XB and YB.

And when I do like this:

Code: Select all

Canvas.DrawClippedActor(Q, False, Canvas.ClipX*0.4, Canvas.ClipY*0.4, Canvas.ClipX*0.6, Canvas.ClipY*0.6, True);

It SHOULD show only a part of a model, but it renders nothing. Anyone knows something about it? Raven maybe?? :D

User avatar Raven

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009, 17:05

So you wand to render it on HUD or on PDA (ST doesn't have DrawClippedActor)?. Anyway I've never used it, but I assume that exactly like DrawActor you have to change actor location (like in weapon code).
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009, 17:55

Raven wrote:So you wand to render it on HUD or on PDA (ST doesn't have DrawClippedActor)?. Anyway I've never used it, but I assume that exactly like DrawActor you have to change actor location (like in weapon code).

Aaand that's what I did. I attached perfectly my model, made it on DrawActor, it was where it supposed to be. But DrawActorClipped doesn't work... Dunno why.

And that would be pity if it didn't work.

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009, 18:16

qtit wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXCn5QcSdzQ&feature=PlayList&p=8DEA55F67829DE5A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=6 - he's good.

Hahaha are you kidding, he flies around erratically and wastes Gauss ammo when there's energy rechargers right next door (without even trying to snipe) and gets HIT BY A PROXIMITY BOMB (though I think he was still invulnerable at least)... err... uh, sorry. Yeah I really, really play Descent a lot :I It's probably my favorite shooter of all time for gameplay.

Why the hell aren't there more 360-degree shooters?

Anyway, good luck getting the "automap" to work. I dunno how useful it would be in-game for anyone with decent memory, but it sure would be a cool feature.

Are you planning to get a job in the game industry (if you don't have one already)? With all the work you've done just for this project alone I'm sure you could stack up a REALLY impressive portfolio, I mean damn.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009, 19:40

Waffnuffly wrote:Are you planning to get a job in the game industry (if you don't have one already)? With all the work you've done just for this project alone I'm sure you could stack up a REALLY impressive portfolio, I mean damn.

I'd really like to. But I have no, and I mean NO experience with any kind of computer industry, no sufficient papers (I mean, well, I didn't study anything that would have any connection with computer industry exept my high school 4 on computer studies), and things I do are like "Copy'n Paste" from the net stuff... :D I'm learning on this project. I have no scripting experience, I know no C++, java, php, or whatever... So... No... There's no way for me to end up in this brand.

Edit: Shit I really messed that post up...

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009, 19:48

You have lots of design skill and potential, and you already know a lot more about coding than I do. I think you'd be surprised at how little importance knowledge of programming has these days if you market yourself to your strengths and have content to show for it. Not everyone who works on games is an engineer, after all.

nikosv
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009, 16:42

You know Q, we'd love it if you could provide a new screenshot for us to drool over. We haven't seen any build shots since the six week contest. No pressure, it just seems like you've been working on the interface and fine details more than you've been brushifying.
Current Project: None. WTFs2 had to go to sleep, RIP.

I still sometimes sculpt PS2-style terrain by hand with Blender 3. Some passions always linger.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009, 21:00

I don't have much time, Lol_Peanuts, but you can be sure that when I find some, I'm onto something. K?

Previous Next