Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

teh Sarevok thread

The archive for the 8th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest entries and discussion.

Moderators: ividyon, Semfry, zYnthetic

Sarevok
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin
Posts: 124
Joined: 11 Mar 2009, 03:31
Location: somewhere

Subject: teh Sarevok thread

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 22:36

Just a few (no lighting yet) WIPS! Still working on the story, don't know really what else to say ATM :B

Image

Sarevok
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin
Posts: 124
Joined: 11 Mar 2009, 03:31
Location: somewhere

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 22:37

Image

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder
Posts: 3962
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 19:14
Location: In a random access memory of dreams

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 22:38

Intriguing!

Where do the textures and the twisted tree mesh come from? Custom content needs to be registered here and made available for everybody to download unless you have made it yourself for this contest.
Image
Life is what you make of it.

Sarevok
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin
Posts: 124
Joined: 11 Mar 2009, 03:31
Location: somewhere

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 22:38

Image

User avatar UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest
Posts: 7456
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 21:00
Contact:

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 23:27

Good spot on, on the ice theme :tup:
Image

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord
Posts: 745
Joined: 12 Nov 2007, 09:43

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 23:48

Hellscrag wrote:Intriguing!
Where do the textures and the twisted tree mesh come from? Custom content needs to be registered here and made available for everybody to download unless you have made it yourself for this contest.


Any custom content NOT made specifically for the contest should be made available for other contestants to download.


You should replace that part through "must", because it is definitely not a "it would be very kind from you if you would do it".

@Sarevok: You simply made that stuff for the contest and period! :lol:
No seriously.. uhh give those ruins textures some detail textures.
Last edited by Creavion on 25 Jun 2009, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder
Posts: 3962
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 19:14
Location: In a random access memory of dreams

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 23:52

Creavion wrote:You should replace that part through "must", because it is definitely not a "it would be very kind from you if you would do it".


Is it really necessary to be that precise with the rules? It's obvious what is meant.

Creavion wrote:@Sarevok: You simply made that stuff for the contest and period! :lol:


This really isn't a situation in which it's worth being subversive.
Image

Life is what you make of it.

Sarevok
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin
Posts: 124
Joined: 11 Mar 2009, 03:31
Location: somewhere

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009, 00:00

Well those textures are all in mylevel, I took them from Wheel of Time, Rune, Undying and a tex pack by Desperado. The tree I ripped out of UT2004 and converted with meshmaker, so it's a .u file right now. I could upload the stuff, but it's not finalized at the moment, I might be adding more stuff to the packages as I continue to map. What do you think I should do Hellscrag?

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder
Posts: 3962
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 19:14
Location: In a random access memory of dreams

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009, 00:10

Importing Custom Content

Custom code, textures, music, sound and meshes made specifically for the contest are acceptable.

Otherwise, try to find appropriate textures, music, sound and meshes in the stock Unreal / UT selection before looking elsewhere. Any custom content NOT made specifically for the contest should be made available for other contestants to download. Try to limit yourself to a couple of custom packages per entry to avoid creating hugely bloated downloads that would also make later compilation of all the entries into a single, tidy download unfeasible.


It's probably better to upload (and use) the actual texture packages. Pick, perhaps, the two packages you most want to use and focus on those. Since you've made a start already, and I don't want to waste your work, we can probably let a couple of MyLevel'd textures from other sources through in this case.

The above quote appears under "Guidelines" - so it's not a binding rule - but using material from too many sources that you haven't shared with the rest of us may affect your score.

Re the tree - why not put together a package of meshes that you think you might need, then upload that here - you can always upload a revision to it later.

If any of this seems unreasonable, I've done it because I want this to be first and foremost a mapping contest, rather than a contest for the best imported custom content.


...always read the rules!...
Image

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar gp
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin
Posts: 106
Joined: 22 Dec 2007, 23:16

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009, 00:42

Looks good, I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's finished. 8)

Sarevok
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin
Posts: 124
Joined: 11 Mar 2009, 03:31
Location: somewhere

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009, 03:16

Hellscrag wrote:
Importing Custom Content

Custom code, textures, music, sound and meshes made specifically for the contest are acceptable.

Otherwise, try to find appropriate textures, music, sound and meshes in the stock Unreal / UT selection before looking elsewhere. Any custom content NOT made specifically for the contest should be made available for other contestants to download. Try to limit yourself to a couple of custom packages per entry to avoid creating hugely bloated downloads that would also make later compilation of all the entries into a single, tidy download unfeasible.


It's probably better to upload (and use) the actual texture packages. Pick, perhaps, the two packages you most want to use and focus on those. Since you've made a start already, and I don't want to waste your work, we can probably let a couple of MyLevel'd textures from other sources through in this case.

The above quote appears under "Guidelines" - so it's not a binding rule - but using material from too many sources that you haven't shared with the rest of us may affect your score.

Re the tree - why not put together a package of meshes that you think you might need, then upload that here - you can always upload a revision to it later.

If any of this seems unreasonable, I've done it because I want this to be first and foremost a mapping contest, rather than a contest for the best imported custom content.


...always read the rules!...


I've come up with an easy fix for the texs so I'll get the them uploaded in the next of couple of days along with the tree mesh.

User avatar zbreaker
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker
Posts: 322
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 21:25
Location: Spire Village

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009, 03:22

Nice work Sarevok...a nice cool theme for those of us starting to get hit with the heat of summer :lol:
Old as Dirt

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder
Posts: 1468
Joined: 15 Mar 2009, 10:18
Location: England

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009, 20:20

Interesting icy temple theme, something I would like to see more of (I like all icy themed maps).

Sarevok
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin
Posts: 124
Joined: 11 Mar 2009, 03:31
Location: somewhere

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009, 01:12

Image

zOMG!

Sarevok
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin
Posts: 124
Joined: 11 Mar 2009, 03:31
Location: somewhere

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009, 01:12

Image
OMG!

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests