Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

City Renewal Project: Surveying Sector 19a

The archive for the 8th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest entries and discussion.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar ebd
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject: City Renewal Project: Surveying Sector 19a

Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009, 10:57

I am hoping creating a thread and maybe dumping some images into it will make me commit to getting this done. As it currently stands I am very behind where I want to be, but I should be able to finish if I can actually commit to spending more than under an hour a day (averaged).

---
Backstory:

The whole world has been covered in a gigantic city. As the city ages individual sectors are renovated to match the current safety and aesthetic standards of the time.

Sector 19 was scheduled to be redone about a year ago, but the funding was a little short. It was split into three sections: 19a, 19b, and 19c. Sub-sector 19b is on schedule and due to be opened to the public in a few months, while sub-sector 19c has not yet begun construction.

Initial scans and reports on Sector 19a discovered foreign life forms, not an uncommon find in abandoned sectors. After all, an empty part of the city might appear to be an ideal homestead to the trespassing alien. There was no funding to deal with this problem initially, so the sector was simply sealed off.

Thanks to some generous donations and a large grant from the local government, development of Sector 19 has been resumed. They have hired you, a private surveyor to "scout out" Sector 19a. You have been instructed to be on the look out for signs of structural damage (though initially scans didn't detect any) and to determine the scale of the alien problem. You are then to cross through the sub-sector and reach the door to Sector 19c. You were specifically selected because you have experience with this sort of thing, and even have a reputation for whipping out your isvPhone and loading up the universal translator application.

For security reasons, the gate to Sector 19a will be re-sealed behind you.

----

wip screens coming soon

User avatar zbreaker
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009, 02:56

Interesting premise...let's see what develops 8)
Old as Dirt