Scout-kun is a lie... right?

[ut] "Vacillations of a Victorian Vagrant"

The archive for the 8th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest entries and discussion.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 00:06

Will give you feedback when I get a chance to play it, Mike.

EDIT: Why am I always the guy who makes the post that changes pages? It never fails...

User avatar ElectricIce
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 00:19

Mister_Prophet wrote:EDIT: Why am I always the guy who makes the post that changes pages? It never fails...

ROFL

User avatar kea
SP2D Leader SP2D Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 08:44

\o/ Finally! Something new to play! :tup:

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 08:52

Loving it (Playinng as I post this-UT on Laptop, USP on the TAFE comps) But Minigun brings total carnage at the start, and I had onw skaarj Warrior by one of the switches who didn't see me until I ripped him to shreds with the minigun, even though I was standing right in front of him and had just set off a flare :/
EDIT: AAAH! OUTTA FLARES! Also, just decapitated a Slith 8)
EDIT: Awww Sugar honey ice tea... Almost dead, and ONE switch to go!
EDIT: Zacman was blown up by the Skaarj Commander :shy:
EDIT: Just discovered a BioRifle is NOT the best light source... :shy:
EDIT: W00T! I HAZ WONZ!
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 09:32

Okay, I gave it a go finally.
Firstly, it's a nice little map. Very refreshing theme. The infernal machine segment took the cake. If I have any criticisms...well they aren't really criticisms. Just observations really. I thought the progression of inventory was good, although I'd scrap a gun or two. The bio rifle was overkill and the minigun (I played using the U1 version) made the climax a bit cheap. For the most part I used the automag and the DP. Where there powerups for all levels? I only got to the green beam. Gameplay was well staged, especially in the alleys where I didn't know when something was gonna hop over a balcony or open a door behind me. Unfortunately I think some of the urban styled build didn't mesh well with the AI, and it was very easy to resort to alleyway hit-and-runs throughout the map. Despite this, I can tell you pathed them well enough.

Very neat little map there :o :tup:

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 09:41

EDIT: WHAARGH! It cut me off!
Okay, here's what I say:
1) I got to the red beam
2) I didn't use the BioRifle to fight... I used it to LIGHT (Haha, rhymes are so funny)
3) Minigun was useful for people like me who like to run blindly screaming "DIE BASTARDS!!!!!." I don't think you intended me to do that in 7B, proph, and I don't think Hellscrag intended it here, either, but it works.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 10:10

The first Powerup is at the beginning of the map, top of the building, inside a box. Funny that no one used the RazorJack, that weapon should have been scrapped. Headshots everywhere.

I'll wait another release before reviewing this. Just want to be more careful before I throw out votes.
ImageImage

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 10:13

UBerserker wrote:The first Powerup is at the beginning of the map, top of the building, inside a box. Funny that no one used the RazorJack, that weapon should have been scrapped. Headshots everywhere.

I'll wait another release before reviewing this. Just want to be more careful before I throw out votes.

I used the Razorjack-Killed the Commander without him even seeing me! Too much ninja for him to handle 8)
I went around, triggered him, bolted outta the building, wandered round admiring the architecture for a bit, went back in, hid behind the machine, and bounced razors around into him until he died. THe warlord was looking about like "WTF? Where are these razors coming from" and then he died. The ONLY weapon I didn't use was the Automag.
ImageImage

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 10:34

Was the boss supposed to leave the spawning module? He didn't for me. Just kinda shot at me from inside.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 10:36

Mister_Prophet wrote:Was the boss supposed to leave the spawning module? He didn't for me. Just kinda shot at me from inside.

He should leave it.
ImageImage

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 10:49

Oh.

Maybe he was scared of me :o

Anyway, I got the powerup in the starting room, and one other in the sewer (I think that's where it was). Which ones did I miss?

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 11:21

There should be one in the corridor, near the beginning, with that set of six doors, and Skaarj Warriors coming from two of it (on one side). One of those doors contain three boxes and the DPPUp.

Another one is hidden behind a set of boxes, inside the first building you're supposed to enter after the dock.
ImageImage

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 11:40

Mister_Prophet wrote:Why am I always the guy who makes the post that changes pages? It never fails...

I know exactly how you feel...

Anyway, about the map! (SPOILER TIME) It was a bit to dark for me, I completely missed the automag & minigun, although the sewer ambush was good. I really liked the factory bit at the end, several Skaarj behind me, Pupae in front, while I'm trying not to slip off a bridge while pressing a button. The whole factory area withthe big machine, the spawners & boss was great. The most Unreal gameplay fun that I've had in ages. (Oh, & did you change the modified Warlord's colour? He look's a bit more red than normal.)

& the foghorn made me nearly fall off my seat. :lol:

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 11:42

Colour-coded Weaklords.
ImageImage

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 15:33

Replayed on Unreal this time - and I have to admit - I've not been able to beat it until now, but it ain't impossible, I know what to expect now. To me is seems gameplay balance is just about right on all difficulty settings (although I haven't tried Easy yet).

Previous Next