Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

Qtit's submission

The archive for the 8th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest entries and discussion.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009, 17:33

They kill you in no time.
ImageImage

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009, 19:07

UBerserker wrote:They kill you in no time.

Impossible. They're like 10 hp. They do like 10 dm... Guys!

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009, 19:17

I didn't have the slightest issues. Perhaps ya people need to work on yer Impact Hammer timing?
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009, 19:30

I died a lot from them too :/

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009, 19:33

Got me from behind and killed me in four hits. Then, it was impossible to know your health which was really annoying. The Impact Hammer should be banned from SP, not even the Chainsaw sucks this much.
There's no reason to learn the timing of an utterly generic and useless weapon unless you want to do some high jumps, or be of pure annoyance in MP.
ImageImage

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009, 20:23

UBerserker wrote:Got me from behind and killed me in four hits. Then, it was impossible to know your health which was really annoying. The Impact Hammer should be banned from SP, not even the Chainsaw sucks this much.
There's no reason to learn the timing of an utterly generic and useless weapon unless you want to do some high jumps, or be of pure annoyance in MP.

I disagree :P

I'll try to improve it a bit. And the health status.

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009, 04:44

UBerserker wrote:Got me from behind and killed me in four hits. Then, it was impossible to know your health which was really annoying. The Impact Hammer should be banned from SP, not even the Chainsaw sucks this much.

Well, the scene you get the impact hammer is you ARE Mining-and Mining Hammers aren't designed for fighting giant blue flying things, so it makes sense that it is unwieldy...
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

Code: Select all

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009, 11:15

zacman wrote:...Well, the scene you get the impact hammer is you ARE Mining-and Mining Hammers aren't designed for fighting giant blue flying things, so it makes sense that it is unwieldy...

Complete agreement here.

This map is not your standard Unreal map so expect something different - and it's not like the manta's are über-difficult.

But I confess to being slightly irritated that I couldn't see my healthstatus.

Although I am not a fan of the impact hammer - in this case, as zacman clearly pointed out) it absolutely fits in the situation!!

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009, 14:58

It fits the situation, sure, but that's never an excuse for unbalanced gameplay. Too many mantas, bad engine collision, and water physics are just not a good mix in this scenario.

User avatar ividyon

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009, 15:02

Are we playing the same game? There were no issues with the Mantas. They just come straight at you, you hold primary fire until they arrive, etc...
How is it even possible to talk about difficulty in that situation?

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009, 15:06

I got three of them from behind, and from what I've seen there are other couples when you go directly below the ship. Yep.
And I had to restart due to the save bug; thanks god you can bypass them by going outside the asteroid. There should be a replacement for the Impact Hammer or something which isn't as bad.

Yes, you can be killed from the Mantas.dot
Last edited by UB_ on 14 Oct 2009, 15:10, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009, 15:08

Waffnuffly wrote:It fits the situation, sure, but that's never an excuse for unbalanced gameplay. Too many mantas, bad engine collision, and water physics are just not a good mix in this scenario.

Don't worry bout the water physics, I've already created a no-gravity zone, where you depend ONLY on acceleration. Be afraid, be very afraid :P
And, as Sana already said, there's no way to be killed by those mantas... well, at least not if you're not suicidal.

Edit:

This save bug really concerns me. I had no problems with saving and loading so far, and that's why I have no idea where's the problem :/
Last edited by Anonymous on 14 Oct 2009, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar ividyon

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009, 15:10

Then you could have tried to approach them one by one so there are no Mantas left behind you. I doubt our different experience has to do with difficulty filtering on the map, so I'm really clueless.

Also, how come those known as the most battle-hardened and hardcore players of the community cannot handle a couple of Mantas? The Impact Hammer is hilariously easy to use, enemies just need to be in vicinity for it to automatically trigger if you hold down mouse1.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009, 15:12

How can I approach them one by one if they come in three right to me?? :B
Once you kill one the other two have already damaged you. I never use the Impact Hammer because I never use weapons that are horrible as crap.
ImageImage

User avatar ividyon

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009, 15:20

I rest my case..
Do you ever write without having every sentence burst of negative, excessive terms? Not everything in life is fucking horrible as hell from all the goddamn crappy-ass stupid shit in it. This is like arguing with a swearing brick wall! :/

Previous Next