Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

Qtit's submission

The archive for the 8th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest entries and discussion.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009, 23:06

qtit wrote:I'll look into it... Some day :/

Well, it will probably be hard to fix since I'm the only person who gets it. :/

qtit wrote:You should hear Skaarj growl from the back... Growl, howl, something skaarj-ish. Not wiskey.

I missed the sound on my first go round too... :P Never mind. I saw it in the end.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009, 23:08

It's true that you can't save/load your game in Map 2? It happens with me always.
ImageImage

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009, 23:13

UBerserker wrote:It's true that you can't save/load your game in Map 2? It happens with me always.

Funny you mentioned this, I never had the problem until my last playthrough, but when I loaded my game from map2 it was my last save point from map1. Maybe this is similar to Xidia's map 3 bug? I never had it but I heard there was one.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009, 23:14

The Xidia one did crash your game. The saved games of Map 2 instead... do not exist and don't load anything (or Map 1 if you saved there).
ImageImage

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009, 23:27

UBerserker wrote:The Xidia one did crash your game. The saved games of Map 2 instead... do not exist and don't load anything (or Map 1 if you saved there).

I had no problems saving on Map 2... (if by Map 2 you mean the one playable level)
Life is what you make of it.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009, 00:10

The playable map. The problem is still there too.
ImageImage

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009, 00:11

Sounds like either a corrupt save or some glitch. When you try to save, type "showlog" in the console and see if it says Unable to save and gives you any more info.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009, 00:36

It gives me an endless loop of these two

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: QGHud ISVD02.QGHud1 (Function QContestScripts.QGHud.FadeOut:0082) Enable: 'FadeOut' is not a probe function

ScriptWarning: QGHud Save421.QGHud0 (Function QContestScripts.QGHud.FadeOut:0082) Enable: 'FadeOut' is not a probe function
ImageImage

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009, 01:52

Yes, yes, I know, fixed already, gonna upload new version soon with some other fixes.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009, 18:57

Some really nice ideas and a decent implementation too. The ship and asteroid are very convincing and the non-combative nature is a nice contrast with the other maps. Also, having folder names in the zip was very helpful, as the other levels I've downloaded haven't, making installation a pain in comparison.

I had a couple of bugs; the elevator the guy activates got blocked on the way down once and came back up again, but his AI for that had deactivated, leaving me stuck. On the horizontal cart I managed to push the guy off (of course, that was partly intentional on my part :P ) and got stuck there too (for a solution that might work and be simple, maybe put an invisible wall mover that goes around the guy and follows the cart when it's active and disappears when he moves off so you can't push him).

Apparently the stats don't mean anything in this demo, but I pretended they did and made it back with 1% oxygen and one bar of fuel, so that was pretty tense. The Manta combat was kind of annoying, but reading this thread you're apparently supposed to evade it anyway (maybe there could be some sort of hint to look for alternative paths?). Maybe the final pack will be different enough for this not to matter, but I think there should be some way to get health in the spacesuit so you aren't screwed if you mess up early, if you're going for a survival-horror type atmosphere (although I can't tell yet) maybe give out a health pack or two that works like the rations in Seven Bullets?

A more robust dialog system (being able to tell whether someone can be talked to etc) would be nice, but from the sounds of it that's already being worked on. There were various nice little details that helped the ship and people there feel alive, even the easter eggs like the realdoll helped with that. Although there needs to be some proofreading, but that was probably because of the length of time given.

The biggest problem I had was the length; just when I was thinking how awesome it was going to be it ended, and it was pretty much just an intro to a bigger story. This is another that's hard to rank but not so much for polish purposes but instead for how unique it is in comparison to everything else.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009, 21:31

Mman wrote:I had a couple of bugs; the elevator the guy activates got blocked on the way down once and came back up again, but his AI for that had deactivated, leaving me stuck.

Yea, happens, trying to write a better script. A pawn that will guide a player no matter what happens. Maybe it'll work, we'll see.

Mman wrote:On the horizontal cart I managed to push the guy off (of course, that was partly intentional on my part :P )

Don't do that...

Mman wrote:(for a solution that might work and be simple, maybe put an invisible wall mover that goes around the guy and follows the cart when it's active and disappears when he moves off so you can't push him).

A better way is to disable guy's actor collisions. Screw combinations with movers.

Mman wrote:Apparently the stats don't mean anything in this demo,

Apparently... Yea...

Mman wrote:but I think there should be some way to get health in the spacesuit [...] give out a health pack or two that works like the rations in Seven Bullets?

No, no health packs, only a girl with a needle :P

Mman wrote:A more robust dialog system (being able to tell whether someone can be talked to etc) would be nice,

Soon almost every friendly pawn you meet will have something to say. Like "Bagger off" for example.

At the moment the dialogue system is, maybe not better working, but more interactive. You can choose your answer and, depending on it, the scripted action follows. Though I won't use it here, in this compilation. Too many things would change.

Mman wrote:just when I was thinking how awesome it was going to be it ended, and it was pretty much just an intro to a bigger story.

Yup, that's true. At the beginning this level was intended to be an intro to another two levels. But didn't quite make it :P The second was almost done, but it would have no sence without the third. And this way, it has... Well, technically. :/

Sarevok
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009, 21:38

Can't really add to much to feedback as everything has already been said, but I love the concept. You really pulled off the theme :tup: Lots of potential here for a great mappack/mod :tup:

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009, 23:21

qtit wrote:
Mman wrote:but I think there should be some way to get health in the spacesuit [...] give out a health pack or two that works like the rations in Seven Bullets?

No, no health packs, only a girl with a needle :P

Clone her! 8)

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009, 09:50

urgh, died with the cave mantas and then tried to reload last save only to find out saving fails in this map. But i love what you've done mate. :tup:
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009, 06:02

TheIronKnuckle wrote:urgh, died with the cave mantas and then tried to reload last save only to find out saving fails in this map. But i love what you've done mate. :tup:

wait... thye can kill you? I just thought they were decorative... they completely ignored me...
ImageImage

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

Previous Next