Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

Please Read: Deadline extended to Midnight and other stuff

The archive for the 8th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest entries and discussion.

Moderators: ividyon, Semfry, zYnthetic

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder
Posts: 3963
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 19:14
Location: In a random access memory of dreams

Subject: Please Read: Deadline extended to Midnight and other stuff

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009, 16:42

Ok everyone, by popular demand you have until the end of the day to submit your maps. Midnight tonight, GMT.

I won't be online at that time of the day to announce the closure of the contest for submissions, but please be mindful that maps submitted after that time may not be accepted for judging, depending on how late they area and the reasons for the delay (if you submit late, please state your reasons).

Just a personal view: Choosing not to submit your map because it isn't tested / tweaked to your absolute satisfaction will be disappointing for everyone. Remember that this was a speedmapping contest, and there will be time to fix the maps up before the compilation release. We can live with things being a little rough around the edges for the time being, so please don't be too perfectionist at this stage.
Last edited by Hellscrag on 05 Aug 2009, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E
Posts: 4042
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 00:46

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009, 16:45

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

I just got this fucking AWESOME scripted scene done, but it would have sucked to have that in without a proper boss fight beforehand. Now I have time to get that done and do some minor testing \o/

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder
Posts: 3963
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 19:14
Location: In a random access memory of dreams

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009, 16:47

No worries.

The original reason for the deadline was to give the judges the chance to get started on playing the maps this weekend... but since a three week judging period was agreed to, that's less of a priority.
Image

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder
Posts: 1468
Joined: 15 Mar 2009, 10:18
Location: England

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009, 16:48

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

This will be better for everyone.

Kaka
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker
Posts: 475
Joined: 12 Nov 2007, 00:21
Location: Trójmiasto
Contact:

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009, 17:55

Well I don't even have one ubercool scripted sequence in my map, my free time past few weeks was dramaticaly short ( almost non existent...) so it will be a standard Unreal story taking place in cool locations.... I just need to fix few mover stuff etc.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder
Posts: 3963
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 19:14
Location: In a random access memory of dreams

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009, 18:22

Kaka wrote:Well I don't even have one ubercool scripted sequence in my map, my free time past few weeks was dramaticaly short ( almost non existent...) so it will be a standard Unreal story taking place in cool locations.... I just need to fix few mover stuff etc.


Something to fix in the compilation version maybe. Anyway, at least it won't upstage TCO!
Image

Life is what you make of it.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk
Posts: 2135
Joined: 13 Nov 2007, 20:01

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009, 20:25

Hellscrag wrote:Something to fix in the compilation version maybe. Anyway, at least it won't upstage TCO!


[Feels kinda' proud, as it is about him :twisted: ]

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder
Posts: 3963
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 19:14
Location: In a random access memory of dreams

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009, 21:57

If people were working towards the original deadline, we ought to have more entries by now. Where are Frieza, Turboman, Sarevok etc.?
Image

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder
Posts: 1468
Joined: 15 Mar 2009, 10:18
Location: England

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009, 22:11

Hellscrag wrote:If people were working towards the original deadline, we ought to have more entries by now. Where are Frieza, Turboman, Sarevok etc.?


The squad was attacked by some Skaarj in the Rajigar mines. They're all dead.

Really, come on people!! The ones who haven't made a thread have probably forgot about this, though.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder
Posts: 3963
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 19:14
Location: In a random access memory of dreams

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009, 23:04

Legendslayer222 wrote:
Hellscrag wrote:If people were working towards the original deadline, we ought to have more entries by now. Where are Frieza, Turboman, Sarevok etc.?


The squad was attacked by some Skaarj in the Rajigar mines. They're all dead.

Really, come on people!! The ones who haven't made a thread have probably forgot about this, though.


Yes, that's what worries me. They should have posted by now.

(Although I still don't really understand how you can enter a competition like this and then completely forget about it.)
Image

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder
Posts: 1468
Joined: 15 Mar 2009, 10:18
Location: England

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009, 23:11

Hellscrag wrote:Yes, that's what worries me. They should have posted by now.


The bit about Skaarj, or the bit about forgeting?

Hellscrag wrote:(Although I still don't really understand how you can enter a competition like this and then completely forget about it.)


If they're not really a regular member of the site...

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder
Posts: 3963
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 19:14
Location: In a random access memory of dreams

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009, 23:14

Legendslayer222 wrote:
Hellscrag wrote:Yes, that's what worries me. They should have posted by now.


The bit about Skaarj, or the bit about forgeting?


Which do you think? :P
Image

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder
Posts: 1468
Joined: 15 Mar 2009, 10:18
Location: England

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009, 23:30

Hellscrag wrote:
Legendslayer222 wrote:The bit about Skaarj, or the bit about forgeting?


Which do you think? :P


Skaarj!

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder
Posts: 3963
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 19:14
Location: In a random access memory of dreams

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009, 23:31

Legendslayer222 wrote:
Hellscrag wrote:
Legendslayer222 wrote:The bit about Skaarj, or the bit about forgeting?


Which do you think? :P


Skaarj!


D'oh!
Image

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder
Posts: 3963
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 19:14
Location: In a random access memory of dreams

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009, 23:33

2½ hours to go... and that's me done for the evening.

I hope to see hundreds of shiny new entries when I log on after work tomorrow...
Image

Life is what you make of it.

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests