Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

The Peanuts Speed Mine

The archive for the 8th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest entries and discussion.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009, 03:10

Waffnuffly wrote:You guys have another hour, you know. It's almost 11PM GMT right now, and the stuff is due at 12AM.

And if you don't believe me:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=what+tim ... lbC24gbdiA

Fuckin daylights savings...well I had to DJ tonight anyway so I didn't have an extra hour anywho :P
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009, 06:17

lol u shoulda made a new post...since like 3 of us started our own projects in this one :P

Anyway, you're right...gameplay DOES suck lol. However your geometry is quite good for (what was it? 7 hours? 8 maybe?). You mostly went for style, I mostly went for game play...we'll see what others have to say :P
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009, 10:42

Just played speedmine, lol I'm going to delete Rrajigar & put this in it's place!!!

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009, 12:54

Grr. I want to download Zuper Ultra Spec Naz Skaarj Killer Parachute Man, but filefront is down. :/

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009, 19:55

I don't mind that some of these extreme speedmaps have missed the deadline. They can all be judged anyway since they were made in less than a day.

No further entries now, though, please.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009, 21:39

Not too bad for 6 hours, though I managed to beat it in slightly under 3 minutes :P I just ran past most of the enemies and they couldn't keep up!

nikosv
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009, 03:20

Yeah, I didn't really have time to make anything with an original design, or interesting gameplay. Also, if anyone noticed, I accidentally over scaled everything. But hey, seven, eight hours.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009, 13:20

Damn, I seems to have forgotten to comment on this map, even though it was the first in the contest which I played.

It's not a winner but considering the 7 or 8 hours, it's good and fun. I can't remember on which difficulty level I played (probably Medium in which case gameplay balance was ok) but didn't have any trouble with it.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009, 22:07

Since all the 6 hour maps outside of Right2Live have been posted in this thread I'll do them all here:

Peanut's Speed Mine: Surprisingly solid for a six hour map, falling down at the start was kind of cheap though, especially as the energy loss varies somewhat (first time I was down to about 65, then the next I was in the 80 range). At the end I was so low on ammo I had to rush down the "boss" with the Biorifle, but in a map this short that sort of craziness kind of fits :) . The approaching Brute line of doom was also fun (these maps in general seem to be giving Brutes some time in the limelight :P ). The texturing fell apart a bit when you reached the lower level, but it's acceptable for its build time.
Speedfall: Lolwut. Insane, and the sequence at the very end is pretty cool.
ZuperUltraSpecNazSkaarjKillerParachuteMan: Lolwutx2. This could make a good aim training level with a HUD that listed how many hits you've made.
Right2Live: Legless Krall of doom!!! I'm not so much of a fan of completely aimless levels like this, however, the potential improvements for the compilation version sound very cool and could make it completely different.
Last edited by Semfry on 05 Aug 2009, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009, 22:28

I seem to have missed ZuperUltraSpecNazSkaarjKillerParachuteMan and can't find any topic about it.

So, I just downloaded and played it. Managed 7 hits before gravity got the better of me.
Same category as Speelfall - pure (short) fun. Oh BTW I saw a great big texture misalignment at the bottom :lol: .

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009, 09:06

My thoughts on Right2Live: Name kinda corny, but the way the zombies were introduced was awesome!! la-di-da... Shit! Dead people! **Runs** Shit! Gate locked! **Turns around** what was that running around the corner? **Walks around corner** AAAAAAAH!!! ZOMBIES!!!!

Priceless :lol:
and there's lots of hack & slash fun, until your inevitable demise...

Maybe I'll try this with the HNAC Arena Mutator turned on... :twisted:
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009, 09:24

Right 2 Live is basically an obvious take on Left 4 Dead.

Right - Left
2 - 4
Live - Dead
ImageImage

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009, 09:25

UBerserker wrote:Right 2 Live is basically an obvious take on Left 4 Dead.

Right - Left
2 - 4
Live - Dead

That's what I meant when I said it was corny.
ImageImage

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

Previous