UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

Contest Now Closed

The archive for the 8th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest entries and discussion.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject: Contest Now Closed

Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009, 20:01

Thanks for your entries everyone. I've managed to download everything (I think), but I have had zero time so far this evening.

I'm not going to be too fussy about slight overruns of the deadline up to this point.

If anybody has yet to submit maps but still wants to, please could you post here stating the reason for the delay.

A more organised post will follow shortly.
Life is what you make of it.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009, 20:48

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Now, who's gonna win, who's gonna win! Aaa, can't wait...

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009, 21:07

now.. who did NOT submit? I know of Frieza, but.. who else?

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009, 22:32

Conspicuous by their unexplained absence are:

Frieza
Turboman
Acoustiks
Wail
Madis
XYZ8000
ebd
wael
zacman

User avatar aalien
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009, 22:42

Frieza
    Turboman
    Acoustiks
    Wail
    Madis
    XYZ8000
    ebd
    wael
    zacman

:x :shake: :tdown:

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009, 23:16

Hellscrag wrote:Frieza

Made a thread & dissapeared half way through. :?

Hellscrag wrote:Turboman

Hmm. He's been on the site.

Hellscrag wrote:Acoustiks

I thought I read they weren't entering, but I must have been thinking of someone else.

Hellscrag wrote:ebd

From their thread they didn't sound very motivated. :/

Hellscrag wrote:zacman

He was having bugs with his map, might be the cause of not entering.

For everyone else I don't know.
(I keep telling you, a Skaarj got them!!!!!!!!! :P )

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009, 01:04

I've reviewed everything so far except for Waffnuffly's map, The Last Fortress...which I'm actually having a hard time completing. I'm only playing on Normal difficulty and I'm getting slaughtered left and right lol. You should probably adjust the difficulty modes a bit better :P

Unless I'm just a horrible player lol, but i think this thread says differently ^^ http://erevolution.proboards.com/index. ... thread=112
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009, 01:07

I didn't find the individual fights OTT on Medium difficulty... it just requires plenty of tactical withdrawal.

Definitely a mega map, though...

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009, 01:10

Heh I suppose...everywhere I try hiding there's some sniper dude always on the other side lol. Well I'm about to give it another go...wish me luck! :rolleyes:

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009, 01:11

Shivaxi wrote:Heh I suppose...everywhere I try hiding there's some sniper dude always on the other side lol. Well I'm about to give it another go...wish me luck! :rolleyes:

I didn't bother killing most of the Skaarj in the enclosed sniper nests in the first part of the map. There was generally enough cover to avoid them. I mostly just dealt with the ones that had Eightball Guns.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009, 01:45

Shiv you may have just had bad luck, really! They all have a super low OddsOfAppearing and there's 132 of them placed in the level, so in practice there should be around 20-25 total for the whole area in-game, on average. If you were running into multiple every single area, you probably got a shitty dice roll from the game :o

And you need to be cautious, try to chop their heads off with razorblades before they even see you. Don't just try to storm down the bridge and expect to survive. Remember, all these Skaarj knew you were coming beforehand.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009, 02:10

Waffnuffly wrote:Shiv you may have just had bad luck, really! They all have a super low OddsOfAppearing and there's 132 of them placed in the level, so in practice there should be around 20-25 total for the whole area in-game, on average. If you were running into multiple every single area, you probably got a shitty dice roll from the game :o

And you need to be cautious, try to chop their heads off with razorblades before they even see you. Don't just try to storm down the bridge and expect to survive. Remember, all these Skaarj knew you were coming beforehand.

Well I always use caution. I'm not the run and gun type :P . But yeah I think you're right with that bad roll of the dice...there's like at least 3 or 5 skaarj around every corner :/

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009, 03:00

Ok, finished and reviewed every map pack now I believe...hopefully I didn't miss anything, but I'm sure Hellscrag will PM me if I did :P

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009, 03:35

Grumble grumble I edited 218 (gadualy brighter)lights, used 218 sconce, allighned them all because the collision ruined the duplication of the decos.

and stuck with 56 k and I know this won't be a small download.

getting tooth pulled on wednesday

oh well, better times are getting closer,
can't wait to see them all, I might rent a server soon, but I need DSL at least.

:tup:
Just ban everyone

Kaka
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009, 17:13

I want to play all the maps - for now i tested Qtits and Waffs maps ( haven't finish those yet though), then i decided I will wait for the compilation with all maps pimped up to perfection. So far I can see most of the stuff kicks ass, sanas zombie killer map is now my next target - but after the compilation is released.

Next