This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Enter the contest here

The archive for the 8th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest entries and discussion.

Moderators: ividyon, Semfry, zYnthetic

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder
Posts: 3965
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 19:14
Location: In a random access memory of dreams

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 22:38

Frieza wrote:I'd rather you reinstate yourself as judge. As someone who has reviewed the majority of the maps and mappacks on the site as well as the creator of the current review system I think you are one of the best qualified judges. Apart from that I know that you won't criticize other maps harshly to boost the position of your own map in the results and frankly I find Jethro's insinuation suggesting as much insulting.


Thank you for the sentiments, Frieza. We'll see. Perhaps it would make sense, if only because there's every possibility that my intention to create a map won't amount to anything. I'm currently trying to work something out that isn't too ambitious.
Image
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Jethro
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord
Posts: 686
Joined: 12 Nov 2007, 00:15
Location: Aboard Von Braun

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 22:48

Frieza wrote:I(...) and frankly I find Jethro's insinuation suggesting as much insulting.

Hey, no harm meant!

OK, I've reconsidered my point of view and I believe (I never doubted it!) that Scrag will be a fair judge. He's the founder of this site after all so why he can't judge his own contest?

Raven & Prophet: Thanks for your help, it works now! :D
UBerserker wrote:Story: totally guessed that Skeletor was the thief.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder
Posts: 3965
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 19:14
Location: In a random access memory of dreams

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 22:50

OK, Jethro, thanks, I'll put my name back in. I'm not sure about building my own map though, if none of the other judges are doing it; probably an impractical notion anyway.
Image

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Frieza
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord
Posts: 917
Joined: 16 Nov 2007, 15:05

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 22:53

Jethro wrote:
Frieza wrote:I(...) and frankly I find Jethro's insinuation suggesting as much insulting.

Hey, no harm meant!


It's all good then :o

User avatar Jethro
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord
Posts: 686
Joined: 12 Nov 2007, 00:15
Location: Aboard Von Braun

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 22:59

Hellscrag wrote:I'm not sure about building my own map though, if none of the other judges are doing it; probably an impractical notion anyway.

I think all input, especially from skilled mappers is welcome. We're doing it all for fun, right?
UBerserker wrote:Story: totally guessed that Skeletor was the thief.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder
Posts: 3965
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 19:14
Location: In a random access memory of dreams

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 23:01

Jethro wrote:
Hellscrag wrote:I'm not sure about building my own map though, if none of the other judges are doing it; probably an impractical notion anyway.

I think all input, especially from skilled mappers is welcome. We're doing it all for fun, right?


Yeah, but all of my recent attempts at mapping have ended in failure anyway. My last release, DOM-Tempoclasm, was four years ago (I find that part hard to believe myself).
Image

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Jethro
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord
Posts: 686
Joined: 12 Nov 2007, 00:15
Location: Aboard Von Braun

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 23:14

Hellscrag wrote:My last release, DOM-Tempoclasm, was four years ago (I find that part hard to believe myself).

Lemmethink, when was my last release? Ah, I know. Never :D
So seriously, there's no point being shy!
UBerserker wrote:Story: totally guessed that Skeletor was the thief.

User avatar UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest
Posts: 7578
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 21:00
Contact:

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 23:28

Scrag will enter the contest with BFNP. Mark my words.

D:
Image

User avatar zbreaker
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker
Posts: 322
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 21:25
Location: Spire Village

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009, 02:59

Hellscrag wrote:ZB: I am happy to have you on board as a judge. I think four is probably enough, so no further volunteers required.


Glad to be on board with this. An excellent idea for a good reason and sounds like alot of enjoyment for all involved.
Old as Dirt

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Posts: 1907
Joined: 24 Jun 2008, 19:51
Location: Behind You! =P
Contact:

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009, 04:55

Hellscrag wrote:OK, Jethro, thanks, I'll put my name back in. I'm not sure about building my own map though, if none of the other judges are doing it; probably an impractical notion anyway.


I could whip up an uber crap-tastical map if you really wanted me to lol :P
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Madis
Pupae Pupae
Posts: 8
Joined: 05 Jun 2008, 15:54
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009, 08:50

Alright, I've been mapping for some time for ut ctf now, and I've always wanted to try my hand at SP. Count me in, I'll try to make something playable.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder
Posts: 3965
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 19:14
Location: In a random access memory of dreams

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009, 17:51

Madis wrote:Alright, I've been mapping for some time for ut ctf now, and I've always wanted to try my hand at SP. Count me in, I'll try to make something playable.


Nice one Madis.
Image

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder
Posts: 1468
Joined: 15 Mar 2009, 10:18
Location: England

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009, 21:45

Hellscrag wrote:I'm not sure about building my own map though, if none of the other judges are doing it; probably an impractical notion anyway.


NOOO! What are you thinking? Just make a map :)

Hellscrag wrote:I have an idea for an unorthodox and fairly compact map, so I might enter the contest myself.


What idea is this?...

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder
Posts: 3965
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 19:14
Location: In a random access memory of dreams

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009, 23:46

Legendslayer222 wrote:
Hellscrag wrote:I have an idea for an unorthodox and fairly compact map, so I might enter the contest myself.


What idea is this?...


It's a surprise.
Image

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder
Posts: 1468
Joined: 15 Mar 2009, 10:18
Location: England

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Jun 2009, 10:26

It's tomorrow!


:D

Previous Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests