This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Enter the contest here

The archive for the 8th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest entries and discussion.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar zbreaker
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 02:49

I'd love to add another perspective as judge if needed 8)
Old as Dirt

nikosv
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 03:11

I hate to say it, but I can't compete. I didn't quite make it past senior year in high school, so unless I pass summer school I'm a goner.

Plus I've got a couple projects I'm already committed to, and I wouldn't want to delay those any longer.

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 03:22

LOL_PEANUTS wrote:I hate to say it, but I can't compete. I didn't quite make it past senior year in high school, so unless I pass summer school I'm a goner.

Plus I've got a couple projects I'm already committed to, and I wouldn't want to delay those any longer.

UnrealED is the only school you will ever need. :tup:

User avatar Legendslayer222

Subject: Re: Enter the contest here

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 10:18

Hellscrag wrote:Legendslayer22

What happened to the end of my name? :P

User avatar NicolasEymerich
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Re: Enter the contest here

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 10:50

Legendslayer222 wrote:
Hellscrag wrote:Legendslayer22

What happened to the end of my name? :P

it could be the crisis :)
Let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. According to this morning's sample, it would be a Twinkie thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.

User avatar Lightning Hunter

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 11:03

Frieza wrote:So, still some people missing. Come on Sana, Carthage, LightningHunter etc. :o You know you want to!

Thank you for mentioning me, but I just don't want to commit to any big gaming projects these days... I'm afraid I'll get sucked in and start getting 3-4 hours of sleep a night like I was when I worked on Deja Vu. :P

Good luck on this, though! I can't wait to see the finished result.
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

Wail
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 11:04

No idea if I will actually be able to make time, but I may as well throw my name into the pot and hope.
Marathon: Resurrection project @ http://resurrection.bungie.org/

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 11:38

jackrabbit wrote:
LOL_PEANUTS wrote:I hate to say it, but I can't compete. I didn't quite make it past senior year in high school, so unless I pass summer school I'm a goner.

UnrealED is the only school you will ever need. :tup:

And I thought I would be already an UED-Nerd :rolleyes:

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 17:59

I have an idea for an unorthodox and fairly compact map, so I might enter the contest myself.

ZB: I am happy to have you on board as a judge. I think four is probably enough, so no further volunteers required.

Quite right. Despite what the others may tell you, Real Life is more important than Unreal. :tup:
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 18:51

Acoustiks wrote:I'll attempt to take a snap at this contest.

Glad to have you involved. It's always good to have new faces in these things.

User avatar Jethro

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 19:39

Mister_Prophet wrote:Are you using ED 1 o ED 2?

UED 2.
Mister_Prophet wrote:What's exactly wrong with it?

Basically it doesn't work. I mean I can start it, I can load a map, I can open virtually everything except of the map preview. There used to be 4 views on the map in the main vindow (configurable, top, left, front and render by default) and now all of them are blank/white. No idea why, I haven't changed anyting IIRC.
Mister_Prophet wrote:If you're using ED 2 (or mapping through UT I should say) then simply reinstalling Patch 436 will fix any editor troubles.

Hah, now the funny thing. I was a bit overzelous some time ago and patched my UT to 451 (not knowing it's a server patch). Since then I got occasional net crashes and, probably, broken UED. I'm afraid it's kind of hard to revert UT to it's previous form so...

Anyway, my ut got bloated up to ~4 GB so I was goning to reinstall it anyway!

Hellscrag wrote:Entrants:

(...)
Hellscrag

Judges:

Hellscrag
(...)

*cough* perhaps a different judge *cough*?
UBerserker wrote:Story: totally guessed that Skeletor was the thief.

User avatar Raven

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 21:33

Jethro wrote:Basically it doesn't work. I mean I can start it, I can load a map, I can open virtually everything except of the map preview. There used to be 4 views on the map in the main vindow (configurable, top, left, front and render by default) and now all of them are blank/white. No idea why, I haven't changed anyting IIRC.

There's easy solution for this. In UED View->Viewports->Configure (if dialog doesn't show up, press something on keyboard eg. left alt), select configuration, press ok.
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 21:49

Jethro wrote:*cough* perhaps a different judge *cough*?

The rules clearly allow judges to enter - they simply won't judge their own maps. I hadn't planned this, but I had an idea for a map last night and thought I'd give it a go. I'll pull out if it bothers you.

EDIT: There, I've taken my name off the judges list...

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 22:27

Jethro wrote:Basically it doesn't work. I mean I can start it, I can load a map, I can open virtually everything except of the map preview. There used to be 4 views on the map in the main vindow (configurable, top, left, front and render by default) and now all of them are blank/white. No idea why, I haven't changed anyting IIRC.

Oh yeah that's a common thing. Nothing is actually wrong, per se. Ed just closed last time you used it and had trouble reloading the viewports. If you do what Raven said, you will fix it.
Last edited by Mister_Prophet on 16 Jun 2009, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar Frieza

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 22:28

I'd rather you reinstate yourself as judge. As someone who has reviewed the majority of the maps and mappacks on the site as well as the creator of the current review system I think you are one of the best qualified judges. Apart from that I know that you won't criticize other maps harshly to boost the position of your own map in the results and frankly I find Jethro's insinuation suggesting as much insulting.

Previous Next