Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

The Last Fortress - FINAL Released!

The archive for the 8th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest entries and discussion.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009, 19:16

Waffnuffly wrote:Just allammo the SK-6 and try not to kill YOURSELF and see how it goes :p

I only needed one SK6 for the rocketwielder, the three Skaarj don't appear at the same moment so that gives me enough time to use weaker weapons. It's worth going into that area but that is one big surprise of an attack. I wonder if anyone (not thinking about the SK6) can make it on the first try.

I also found out how to reach an area which I saw from above much later (the roofpathway around the building with the first chain).

Now I think there is only one more area which seems/should be accessible but I can't find a way. It the building near the central structure with the water. I tried shooting at all the wood thinking something will braek and then I can climb up, didn't work. No way I can jump onto the roof from anywhere else either.

Oh, BTW ghosted and killed all remaining enemies. Including the Warlord total count is 152 (but perhaps the number of enemies is higher if they are not counted when self-killed or killed by the enemy).

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009, 19:21

Everything is reachable in one way or another, though some places might require you to use Jump Boots to not take damage, but even without them the payoff is usually worth more than any falling damage taken to get there.

And for the "big surprise" are you talking about the area with the grain silos?

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009, 19:26

Waffnuffly wrote:...
And for the "big surprise" are you talking about the area with the grain silos?

Yes, that was the area with the brick loose. Perfectly doable now that the first hurdle is taken care of with the SK6.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009, 16:28

salsaSkaarj wrote:Now I think there is only one more area which seems/should be accessible but I can't find a way. It the building near the central structure with the water. I tried shooting at all the wood thinking something will braek and then I can climb up, didn't work. No way I can jump onto the roof from anywhere else either.

OMG, Waff, you have a sick mind :shock:
I found a way and it involves aiming for a swim. You let a guy try something noone with normal intelligence would ever do :wink: and he has about 2 seconds durign which he can contemplate the results of his action (probably suicide, it was my last resort after all).

Anway, I'm glad you didn't give me the answer, looking for it was fun after all.

BTW I must suck at this game, my daughter just played it on Medium and killed the Warlord at her first try (I can still learn a thing or 2 about tactics form her).

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009, 16:52

Hahahahah did you make the jump? It's not an easy one, but it's worth trying for sure.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009, 18:47

Waffnuffly wrote:Hahahahah did you make the jump? It's not an easy one, but it's worth trying for sure.

After the first time I had to reincarnate - second time I aimed better. :D

Previous