Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

Rise of USP

The archive for the 8th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest entries and discussion.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009, 10:24

salsaSkaarj wrote:I don't think LS222 will hold it against me when I state that he won't win first prize with his entry.

Yes, I've already said it twice on this thread. :P

salsaSkaarj wrote:But if a prize were given for sportivity, LS222 deserves it if only for daring to enter with Waff, Hellscrag, Prophet, Kaka, Sarevok, etc.. as fellow contestants.

Yay I won a medal. :D

zacman wrote:
Legendslayer222 wrote:Ok, but would you read it?

I would!!!

I'll go type it up then.

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009, 11:01

Rise Of USP: Tips, Tricks & Easter Eggs
WARNING: DO NOT read if you have not played Rise Of USP. ALL of your fun will be RUINED! If you have played it & not really explored, DO NOT read this! Go back & play it thoroughly to see if you can find anything else!

1: Frontal Assault (Tip)
Next to your ship is a CARifle & an automag. Get those. I you walk straight up ahead you will see two gates. Two Skaarj Warriors are at each gate, making four in total. There is also a Skaarj sniper on the left wall.

2: Tactical Assault (Trick)
Behind your whale shaped ship is a door. In this room, get a clip & go up the ramp. You get a sniper rifle. If you keep following this path, you come out behind the Skaarj Sniper, also letting you use the sniper spot to pick off the Skaarj warriors.

3: Sneak Attack (Trick)
Halfway between your ship & the gates is a truck. Get on the back of this truck, & it will drive you through both sets of gates. The sniper sometimes spots you, but if you're lucky you can get in without firing a bullet.

4: Hidden gun (Tip)
As soon as you enter the storage warehouse, go right towards the two trucks.

5: Crates (Easter Egg)
Use 'fly' in the storage warehouse. One of the crates looks different from above, & has a translator message...

6: Lobby (Tip)
Left in the lobby is the elevator to the next floor, but you might want to look into the door on your right first.

7: Vents (Trick)
From the repair room, go behind the crates into the vent shaft. You will get a stinger & a lift up to the next floor.

8: Shells (Tip)
In the office with the pile of crates climb up the crates to get some quadshells.

9: In The Walls... (Tip)
Still on top of the crates where you got the quad shells, look at the walls. On one bit the texture looks misaligned. Go through it...

10: Out Of Order (Easter Egg)
You know from the next floor up there is an elevator saying 'out of order'? Use 'ghost' to go through it's floor, & you'll see a vase with a message on it.

11: DJ5 (Tip)
When it says in the chat box in the corner that you'll run into DJ5, it means you'll run into a beefed up Skaarj Officer with a quadshot.

12: Steps (Tip)
Go behind the steps leading up to the roof to get some Tarydium Shards.

13: Bauble (Easter Egg)
From the burning cathedral, look at the seats on the right side of the room. One seat will have a book on it with a message...

14: Stuck (Easter Egg)
Use 'fly' in the cathedral to go straight up where you enter the cathdral. In the corner up here is a message.

15: Nali (Easter Egg)
On the wall above LS222's pod, there are two Nali who have something to say to you...

16: LS222 (Tip)
When LS222's pod opens, be afraid, be very afraid................ Muahahahaaa!!

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 14:39

Edited first post with latest info & I updated the old screenshots with some of the version that went through judging.

[btw, I gave the Nali attitude :twisted: ]

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 05:58

Can I still apply for a office door? :P

Name: Shivaxi
Job: Pie
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 10:32

6 Offices taken, 2 more spaces to fill!

Then my slightly changed version should be ready to go into the hub map, unless anyone thinks I should make unreal mode a bit harder... (it wasn't that much changed from how it was before)

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 10:49

OK then :)
Name: Raven
Job: Cookie eater
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 11:25

Name: Zacman
Job: Redeemer Polisher

(I have a custom Bot you could use as me, if you wanna stick me in the office)
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 12:52

I think you should eliminate the dependancy on UPak for the compilation. RTNP guns like the Combat Assault Rifle are separately available in a package named UPakGuns.u on Hyper's website. It works in Unreal and all you have to do to get it to work in UT is to recompile it in UT's unrealed and save it, so you could simply provide both .u files in the package. right now there's the unpleasant effect of having to download a relatively big pack and additionally copying tons of files over from existing Unreal installs to UT99 just because of the assault rifle :o
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

Flunders
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009, 17:00

I have yet to play it because of the UPak dependancy. :/ I'll get round to it though.

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009, 03:16

sana wrote:I think you should eliminate the dependancy on UPak for the compilation. RTNP guns like the Combat Assault Rifle are separately available in a package named UPakGuns.u on Hyper's website. It works in Unreal and all you have to do to get it to work in UT is to recompile it in UT's unrealed and save it, so you could simply provide both .u files in the package. right now there's the unpleasant effect of having to download a relatively big pack and additionally copying tons of files over from existing Unreal installs to UT99 just because of the assault rifle :o

I personally think everyone should have RTNP2UT or 4UT installed... Gonna make a mutator soon to put the Upak weapons in the game, even :P
ImageImage

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

nikosv
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009, 05:12

Muahaha LS222, my six hour entry beat your six week entry! :D

I do admit I have a few more years under my belt, and it's always nice to see a new mapper around, especially such an enthusiastic one. We're all glad you entered the contest.

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009, 16:00

I... Have... FINISHED! :tup:

No more free doors, so don't you dare try & take one now!

Yay! Now when do I get to do my corridor for the hub map, & what should I do with the download link for this slightly altered version?

-----

Sorry to say but this still has the Upak dependancy. How would I change this?

[quote=sana]RTNP guns like the Combat Assault Rifle are separately available in a package named UPakGuns.u on Hyper's website. It works in Unreal and all you have to do to get it to work in UT is to recompile it in UT's unrealed and save it, so you could simply provide both .u files in the package.[/quote]

How do you recompile the map in UT? I tried copying & pasting the map & it didn't work (The brushes didn't copy over). :/

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009, 16:11

you recompile the package, not the map.
remove all references to Unreal Gold (textures, guns) in your map and use the CAR from RTNPGuns.u. open one of the RTNPguns.u weapon scripts in UT's UnrealEd, "compile changed scripts" and save the package to make it usable in UT.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009, 05:55

can't get this working in either UT or UG. :lol: Please do continue with removing the dependencies :B
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009, 09:08

Bah, I think I'm just going to go and replace the CARifle with a UT weapon.

Previous Next