Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

A question about Model to weapon in unrealed + scripts

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar sm1key
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: A question about Model to weapon in unrealed + scripts

Post Posted: 21 Dec 2007, 03:13

HeyHey i was sended by a friend from Oldunreal..
Dont know where to post so here i am..

I am Bussy with some friends to build on a gamemod on unreal and we made some things.. ( past al ready sixmonths work)

Now i made a model in unrealed and made it a .t3d and used the messmaker to make a mesh of it.. so now it showed up in the decoration class.. and i am not aloud to edit it or bether tell i cant find the option in the Properties 'Weapon and WeaponAI ...

( I also tryed to edit the script but dident work fine or ether for me..)

Are here any people who might can helpe me out how to use a inported model to make it use as a weapon and also to pick it up from the ground in game?

Thanks in advance ..

greets and peace

Smikey

http://stargateunreal.freeforums.org

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Dec 2007, 10:30

You have to write weapon in UnrealScript (this model will not have anims etc. and can cause errors). It's not so hard as it seems. If you have any programming experience then just go to chimeric.beyondunreal.com and analyze U1 source. Beside making models for weapons in UnrealED is not a good idea (i've tried it long ago) - better learn some modeling program.
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Dec 2007, 15:51

welcome to the forum.... and: nog een hollander! \o/
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Frieza
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Dec 2007, 15:52

Hiep hoi! :o

User avatar Ultimate Weasel
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Dec 2007, 16:09

Nog een invasie van Nederlanders...? Welkom btw ;p

OT: You can offcourse make new subclasses and tinker with the defaultproperties (as I used to do :P), but if you want to use things such as custom meshes et cetera it's a big plus if you'd know about UScript. I guess, as Raven said, a visit to Chimeric might get you some more insight on it.
Hellscrag wrote:SKAARJ BERSERKER: Come in, Terran, come in! Make yourself at home next to the plasma fire. Care for an urn of mulled Nali blood?

User avatar sm1key

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Dec 2007, 17:03

uhm usely AC3D first weapons where made wrong.. so there was a way to inport them a right way .. but many stupid critical errors... lots of topics and questions etc etc... never found some person who tryed to help with a beginning or a good explaining in normal english or dutch.. haha..
3Dmax7 also.. but not that easy as AC3d..

Ehmm further duno.. what to do lol ..

I tryed WOTgrealDeveloper for scripting .. but i tink i did something wrong whatever.. So i tryed to edit the script etc .. last day's peope who know the knowlige ask brutely for 'Grands ' ... so the fell all down in a big well.. about helping newcomers.. as so far whe have 2 basic weapons till now .. and the ued objects in the wrong class as decoration.. what needs to be an weapon..

hmm dont know what to typ any more .. damn hard computer leanques :D haha

BTW thanks falow dutchy's ( yes i was sended bij Diehard)

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Dec 2007, 18:07

Xep might be able to help you as well, since he's in "unreal playground".. weapon modelling.. and he's dutch.
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar sm1key

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Dec 2007, 00:54

ehmm .. okej sounds cool .. if you can talk to him and let him make contact with me on a messenger or pm for further conversations about it ? or on this topic.. so we can talk further about the posibility for us in future. I am intrested so all help is welcome :)

thanks,

greetz

(Edit: ehm oja op chimeric.beyondunreal.com was ik juist geweest.. en via dat aan het scripte gegaan.. voor dat ik hier mn vraag gepost had hehe.. is wel goeie info site idd..)

User avatar GenMoKai

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Dec 2007, 02:59

Zoveel nederlanders hier ?! :? :shock: Ik dacht dat we een uitstervend ras waren :lol:

Translation:

That many Dutch people here?! :? :shock: I Thought we were a dying race :lol:

But i cant help you with this :( I know not much about scripting... only the basic of mapping :)

User avatar sm1key

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Dec 2007, 03:37

;)lol...

EHm basicly we also could use mappers.. just for some expansions to make the storylines longer.. Co-op maps and as long the weapons arnt done yet ehmm then the standoff TDM gameplay whould be as last be done.. ( we have a map contest@ http://stargateunreal.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=11 )

BTW any of you guys good with Heavy metal plugin ? (vehicles) I made The prometeus battlestar crouser but ehmm my problem is i cant a use'f clue how to start with the turtorial its like chinees for me hahaha.. i
I have some other vechiles models ready done from the stargate series and movie.. prometeus has 2 flighterlaunche decks of the 3 it have.. and i want 3 battlestations (weapon control and 1 place for the one who takes command of the ship and can control it in battle) ;) The Goauld have the Ha'tak mothership .. same option for this one... so if some of u got any skills let me know :) I have more information if u want to know.

greetz
Last edited by sm1key on 23 Dec 2007, 03:46, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar sm1key

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Dec 2007, 03:40

GenMoKai wrote:Zoveel nederlanders hier ?! :? :shock: Ik dacht dat we een uitstervend ras waren :lol:

Translation:

That many Dutch people here?! :? :shock: I Thought we were a dying race :lol:

But i cant help you with this :( I know not much about scripting... only the basic of mapping :)

Zo hard komen ze niet van ons af ;) ( the cant get that fast rit of us;) )

mapping? like.. ?

User avatar GenMoKai

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Dec 2007, 10:54

Zoals we zeggen in de Hardcore muziek :D Wij zijn harder dan de rest :P

Anyways back to normal things, I've sended you a PM about my mapping stuff. It are some shots + links

I only know a very small bit of scripting (can only make my own pawns :P thats all)

User avatar sm1key

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Dec 2007, 07:28

GenMoKai wrote:Zoals we zeggen in de Hardcore muziek :D Wij zijn harder dan de rest :P

Anyways back to normal things, I've sended you a PM about my mapping stuff. It are some shots + links

I only know a very small bit of scripting (can only make my own pawns :P thats all)

Yep Hardcore holland.. 8) mare indeed lets get back to topic.. :) ill read your pm .. ill let you know if i readid..

greetz

User avatar sm1key

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Jun 2008, 11:38

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Jun 2008, 13:17

You have to make a new class under "Weapons". MeshMaker creates Decoration subclasses, which obviously do not have any weapon properties.

You're best off making your weapon a subclass to an existing weapon (for example an AutoMag subclass if your weapon is a pistol) and change the code to your tastes.

But be warned: MeshMaker objects look like crap, since they're made of blocky brushes. You'll be better off finding a model artist (which is damn hard in the modding scene).
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator