This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

UA's Scripts

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject: Re: UA's Scripts

Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010, 21:01

UArchitect wrote:you can use ucc... or if you dont know how to use ucc you can create your classes in unrealed

right click a class in the class browsr>create subclass, just choose the same package name and then save the package when you are done and all your classes will be in that package, you can continue to add more to it

when creating packages in unrealed you cant delete classes from your package though, ucc is the best tool for package creation

Thanx all,,,, I will try and see what gives :tup:
Just ban everyone

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010, 01:40

UARain crashes Unreal 1 224-226. Me and Dots (mostly Dots lol) figured out what was wrong. Was using some function that got changed for UT and 227 and blahblah something something...anyway I simply fixed it by recompiling it in 225, and now it works fine in all versions =)

>link removed<
Last edited by Shivaxi on 13 Jun 2010, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar UArchitect
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010, 16:23

what was the problem/function exactly? just so i know
Last edited by UArchitect on 11 Jun 2010, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010, 16:28

Shivaxi wrote:UARain crashes Unreal 1 224-226. Me and Dots (mostly Dots lol) figured out what was wrong. Was using some function that got changed for UT and 227 and blahblah something something...anyway I simply fixed it by recompiling it in 225, and now it works fine in all versions =)

You didn't rename the file?!

Hellooooooooooooo version mismatches

User avatar UArchitect
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010, 17:20

ok i checked and all seems to be fine, im not complaining (thanks for fixing it and making it compatible with both ut and (newer versions of) unreal, which was my goal anyway) letting me know beforehand would have been nice though ;P

.:..:
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010, 20:20

The problem is this function;
UT:

Code: Select all

native(1033) final function float RandRange( float Min, float Max );

Unreal 1:

Code: Select all

final function float RandRange( float Min, float Max )
{
    return Min + (Max - Min) * FRand();
}

So a REAL fix is to not to compile it in 225, but to redefine that function with different name on the class.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010, 02:30

yes well i didn't know how to do that...

and i tried contacting u for like 2 days till i was just like "f" it and i uploaded it anyway lol...

but it seems there's another problem though haha...i tried it online and the rain is falling sideways instead of downward like i had it pointing...works in SP though =/

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010, 03:08

Shivaxi wrote:yes well i didn't know how to do that...

and i tried contacting u for like 2 days till i was just like "f" it and i uploaded it anyway lol...

Don't do this. It's bad for future net compatibility and honestly it's pretty disrespectful to the author to just upload edited content without even getting in contact first. You could have waited a couple more days (UA's in and out if you didn't notice) or at least renamed the archive file and included something to note that it's a beta version only, etc. Next time, be a little more patient :o It's not like there's any critical need to have the fix available immediately.

User avatar UArchitect
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010, 03:15

Shivaxi wrote:and i tried contacting u for like 2 days till i was just like "f" it and i uploaded it anyway lol...

a pm here would have worked ;P i have been browsing the site, just hadnt been on chat/irc the last few days

thanks for letting me know dots

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010, 22:37

I didn't expect anyone to download it...it was just intended for UA. I prolly shoulda PMed him though --()():":(sdf-34(&*$-
\o/
Last edited by Shivaxi on 13 Jun 2010, 09:16, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar UArchitect
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010, 01:58

get that sad face outta my thread foo, or theres gonna be stormy weather
first post updated, UARain_RC2 now available (contains a compatibility and netcode fix)

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010, 23:51

UA wrote:SplinterCell
ok its not really called splintercell....its called untitled
a mutator and some useful functions to add advanced light calculation abilities to pawns and blah blah blah
long story short you can hide in shadows and pawns can "see silhouettes" (kinda)

Do you have any shots of this in action or any demonstration videos?
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar UArchitect
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2010, 04:02

Jet v4.3.5 wrote:Do you have any shots of this in action or any demonstration videos?

this can be arranged
if any of you have played thieveryut or used the thieveryut mutator in an sp map you will probably get a very rough idea of how it works, i like to think mine is more advanced though ;P
in addition to that it has a few functions that are useful for developers/unrealscript programmers dealing with color conversion and area sampling, but more on that later

coming soon (hopefully):
better explanation and some more info/screenshots of projectedbrush and the hidy shadowy thingy

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2010, 04:12

The projected brush thing works for things like what you had in your small caustics map, right?
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar UArchitect
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010, 08:00

yes its used for castling light rays/beams around complex shaped objects

heres a crappy video that youtube broke the beginning of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSK5yCRZ5V0
these arent very good examples as they dont demonstrate the capability of the tool, ill have to find a better test map later to really give a good idea of what it can be used for, but generally..just use your imagination :P

Previous Next