Scout-kun is a lie... right?

UScript: Chat, Questions, Discussion

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: ividyon, Semfry, zYnthetic

gopostal
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Re: UScript: Chat, Questions, Discussion

Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016, 17:10

Buff is right, these should be done totally serverside. You can add a simple relevancy check to filter anything that pops in and out on you.

User avatar zYnthetic
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject: Re: UScript: Chat, Questions, Discussion

Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016, 04:15

Simulated = clientside.

Flags aren't really a priority right now. Doing some longer testing, without having made any changes yet it makes the game pretty unstable. Just with "normal" drops, maybe 50% of things dropping 1-3 items, the game seems to be removing other inventory items. After a while placed pickups and weapons are gone and SKTroopers can only use melee. I have a feeling it might just be too much for the server since there are no problems at all running locally with forced super drops (drop chance 100%, 20-60 items each). Ideally it only needs to know the item exists and like gibs, leave the where up to the clients. Location wont sync but it's really not that important. Running physics completely client-side will look much smoother any way. I'm going to rewrite this and make as much as I can run clientside to see if there's a performance difference.

Previous