Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

UScript: Chat, Questions, Discussion

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

gopostal
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: UScript: Chat, Questions, Discussion

Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016, 17:10

Buff is right, these should be done totally serverside. You can add a simple relevancy check to filter anything that pops in and out on you.

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016, 04:15

Simulated = clientside.

Flags aren't really a priority right now. Doing some longer testing, without having made any changes yet it makes the game pretty unstable. Just with "normal" drops, maybe 50% of things dropping 1-3 items, the game seems to be removing other inventory items. After a while placed pickups and weapons are gone and SKTroopers can only use melee. I have a feeling it might just be too much for the server since there are no problems at all running locally with forced super drops (drop chance 100%, 20-60 items each). Ideally it only needs to know the item exists and like gibs, leave the where up to the clients. Location wont sync but it's really not that important. Running physics completely client-side will look much smoother any way. I'm going to rewrite this and make as much as I can run clientside to see if there's a performance difference.

User avatar Pla
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017, 02:36

What about Unreal Editor 2.1 usable mapping space extending? I mean, Unreal Editor 2.1 has pretty big space to build map, but what about far more extra space? Like make it 9-10 times bigger? Would the engine handle it?
Reason: I was experimenting with map merging, like I put together: SpireVillage, TheSunspire, SkyCaves, SkyTown into one map, and looked so good to go up to SkyTown without loading, and have a look down to Spirevillage from SkyTown... undescribeable. This project just used all the editor space, from side to side, and from up to bottom.
So I need more editor space now.
Is there a chance to change the engine somehow, and extend the editor space? At least on planar dimensions: from side to side, for example if it would be 3 times wide?

All answers are appreciated.

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019, 22:55

I want to get the claw marks to be rotated based on the direction the player is facing, but since I'm using HitNormal for the rotation of each claw mark, they always face the same direction based on the surface the player hits (walls/floors). I have pretty much no idea what to do to so any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Relevant code (pretty sure I just took it all from UT's chainsaw):

Code: Select all

local vector HitLocation, HitNormal, EndTrace, X, Y, Z, Start;
GetAxes(Pawn(owner).ViewRotation, X, Y, Z);
Start =  Owner.Location + CalcDrawOffset() + FireOffset.X * X + FireOffset.Y * Y + FireOffset.Z * Z;
AdjustedAim = pawn(owner).AdjustAim(1000000, Start, AimError, False, False);   
EndTrace = Owner.Location + (Range * vector(AdjustedAim));
Other = Pawn(Owner).TraceShot(HitLocation, HitNormal, EndTrace, Start);
ClawHit = spawn(class'RazikClawHit',Owner,,HitLocation+HitNormal, rotator(HitNormal));

Bleeder91<NL>
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019, 19:58

Use pawn(owner).viewrotation instead of rotator(hitnormal). Or make it a combination+randomness maybe?

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019, 02:07

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

User avatar Psychomorph
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023, 00:07

Don't want to make a new thread for this, but when I put Chat on Enter key, the first letter doesn't register, need to hit it twice. Any other key on the keyboard doesn't have this issue, but I never have issues putting Chat function on the Enter key in UT or other games. Any ideas?

Masterkent

Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023, 15:13

Psychomorph wrote:Don't want to make a new thread for this, but when I put Chat on Enter key, the first letter doesn't register, need to hit it twice. Any other key on the keyboard doesn't have this issue, but I never have issues putting Chat function on the Enter key in UT or other games. Any ideas?

Added a report about this issue on 227 Github page:
https://github.com/OldUnreal/Unreal-testing/issues/304

User avatar Psychomorph
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023, 23:45

Masterkent wrote:
Psychomorph wrote:Don't want to make a new thread for this, but when I put Chat on Enter key, the first letter doesn't register, need to hit it twice. Any other key on the keyboard doesn't have this issue, but I never have issues putting Chat function on the Enter key in UT or other games. Any ideas?

Added a report about this issue on 227 Github page:
https://github.com/OldUnreal/Unreal-testing/issues/304

Oh, thank you. I didn't think of it as an 227 issue, thought it was an Unreal thing.

Masterkent

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023, 11:55

Psychomorph wrote:Oh, thank you. I didn't think of it as an 227 issue, thought it was an Unreal thing.

It's not a regression of v227, this bug is present in pre-227 versions of Unreal as well.

User avatar Psychomorph
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023, 23:27

Masterkent wrote:
Psychomorph wrote:Oh, thank you. I didn't think of it as an 227 issue, thought it was an Unreal thing.

It's not a regression of v227, this bug is present in pre-227 versions of Unreal as well.

Ok, I understand.

Previous