Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

[227] Unreal HD Weapons (v0.6 Released!)

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: [227] Unreal HD Weapons (v0.6 Released!)

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014, 17:49

huh...I wonder who put that on ModDB...wasnt me =P

That crash though happens when a mutator is usually missing a return line somewhere so its replacing like every actor, aka the playerpawn actor aka you cant spawn =P

That shouldn't be happening though...thought I tested all the mutators. I'll double check and upload a fix if necessary.

EDIT: I don't experience a crash with either mutator. Are you sure you patched to 227i correctly?
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar lowenz
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014, 18:42

Ehy chief! :D

Yeah, *reinstalled* from Anthology + 227i (Gold/Anthology - 227 MB)

Maybe something in Unreal.ini?
Both the man of science and the man of action live always at the edge of mystery, surrounded by it - J.R.O.
Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody sees - E.S.

User avatar lowenz

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014, 18:48

lowenz wrote:Maybe something in Unreal.ini?

Neither Unreal.ini nor user.ini are the cause.....checked now with fresh versions.
Both the man of science and the man of action live always at the edge of mystery, surrounded by it - J.R.O.
Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody sees - E.S.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014, 21:46

Ok, I tried on my fresh 227i install, and I get the same error. Very strange. I don't get this on the current 227j build for some reason...hm...I'll look into it.

edit: problem found. For some reason the Spawn Notify actor did not like being compiled in 227j, so all I had to do was recompile it on 227i. But here's the reasoning for the 2 mutators:

*click for full image*

As you can see, the corona glow shows up fine in 227j, but not in 227i, and this is due to a 227i bug where you yourself (the playerpawn actor) is blocking your own view from seeing the corona...because the camera is set inside your head, and inside the collision cylinder for the PlayerPawn actor, so you block yourself from seeing the corona effect...yeah lol...it's silly...bit TOO accurate haha...but this bug is fixed in 227j, so I made the separate mutator for 227i users to disable the bActorsBlockSight effect on coronas so they can see them.

Unfortunately updating HDWeps for something so minor would be silly and cause mismatches online and whatnot, so I'll instead make a little side independent hot fix for those 227i users who want to see the corona effects. This means of course, that by disabling bActorsBlockSight, you will see the corona glow through objects like pawns and trees, etc.

http://shivaxi.com/unreal/downloads/HDWeps227iFix.u

Please lemme know if this works. Just run the normal mutator along with this one, HDWeps227iFix.HDWeps227iFix, and lemme know if the crash still happens and/or if you can now see the corona glow from rockets.

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Gizzy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014, 23:12

awshit, is this only on emitters? would explain some recent bs

User avatar lowenz

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014, 23:17

Wow, it seems I found some culprit here :D

User avatar lowenz

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014, 23:25

Shivaxi wrote: Just run the normal mutator along with this one, HDWeps227iFix.HDWeps227iFix

Uhm.....how? It doesn't show up in mutator panel.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014, 23:38

Gizzy wrote:awshit, is this only on emitters? would explain some recent bs

Yes Gizzy, it is =P

lowenz wrote:
Shivaxi wrote: Just run the normal mutator along with this one, HDWeps227iFix.HDWeps227iFix

Uhm.....how? It doesn't show up in mutator panel.

Haha sorry, forgot not everyone knows the run commands. Just do Open Nyleve?Mutator=HDWeps.HDWepsReplacer,HDWeps227iFix.HDWeps227iFix in the console. Can even copy and paste that into the console in Unreal and should work. I'll write an INT for it so it shows up in the Mutator menu if you really want =P

User avatar Dr.Flay
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014, 00:16

Would something like this do ?
[spoiler]

Code: Select all

[Public]
Object=(Name=HDWeps.HDDispersionPistol,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Weapon,Description="HD DispersionPistol")
Object=(Name=HDWeps.HDAutoMag,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Weapon,Description="HD AutoMag")
Object=(Name=HDWeps.HDEightball,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Weapon,Description="HD Eightball")
Object=(Name=HDWeps.HDFlakCannon,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Weapon,Description="HD Flak Cannon")
Object=(Name=HDWeps.HDGESBioRifle,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Weapon,Description="HD GES Bio Rifle")
Object=(Name=HDWeps.HDMinigun,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Weapon,Description="HD Minigun")
Object=(Name=HDWeps.HDRazorJack,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Weapon,Description="HD RazorJack")
Object=(Name=HDWeps.HDRifle,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Weapon,Description="HD Rifle")
Object=(Name=HDWeps.HDStinger,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Weapon,Description="HD Stinger")
Object=(Name=HDWeps.HDASMD,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Weapon,Description="HD ASMD")
Object=(Name=HDWeps.HDQuadShot,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Weapon,Description="HD QuadShot")
Object=(Name=HDWeps.HDAmplifier,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Weapon,Description="HD Amplifier")

Object=(Name=HDWeps.HDWepsReplacer,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="HD Unreal Weapons,Replace orginal Unreal weapons with fancy new ones.")
Object=(Name=HDWeps.HDWeps227iReplacer,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="HD 227i Weapons,Replace orginal Unreal weapons with fancy new ones.")
;Object=(Name=HDWeps227iFix.HDWeps227iFix,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="HD 227i fix,Corona fix for HD Unreal weapons on 227i.")

[HDAmplifier]
ExpireMessage="HD Amplifier is out of power."
PickupMessage="You got the HD Energy Amplifier"

[HDDispersionPistol]
DeathMessage="%o was killed by %k's %w.  What a loser!"
PickupMessage="You got the HD Dispersion Pistol"
ItemName="HD Dispersion Pistol"

[HDAutoMag]
DeathMessage="%o got gatted by %k's %w."
PickupMessage="You got the HD Automatic Magnum"
ItemName="HD AutoMag"

[HDFlakCannon]
DeathMessage="%o was ripped to shreds by %k's %w."
PickupMessage="You got the HD Flak Cannon"
ItemName="HD Flak Cannon"

[HDRifle]
DeathMessage="%k put a bullet through %o's head."
PickupMessage="You got the HD Sniper Rifle"
ItemName="HD Sniper Rifle"

[HDMinigun]
DeathMessage="%k's %w turned %o into a leaky piece of meat."
PickupMessage="You got the HD Minigun"
ItemName="HD Minigun"

[HDRazorJack]
DeathMessage="%k took a bloody chunk out of %o with the %w."
PickupMessage="You got the HD RazorJack"
ItemName="HD RazorJack"

[HDGESBioRifle]
DeathMessage="%o drank a glass of %k's dripping green load."
PickupMessage="You got the HD GES BioRifle"
ItemName="HD GES Bio Rifle"

[HDQuadShot]
DeathMessage="%o was blasted to bits by %k's %w."
PickupMessage="You got the HD Quad-Barreled ShotGun"
ItemName="HD QuadShot"

[HD Stinger]
DeathMessage="%o was perforated by %k's %w."
PickupMessage="You picked up the HD Tarydium Stinger"
ItemName="HD Stinger"

[HD ASMD]
DeathMessage="%k inflicted mortal damage upon %o with the %w."
PickupMessage="You got the HD ASMD Shock Rifle"
ItemName="HD ASMD"

[HD Eightball]
DeathMessage="%o was smacked down multiple times by %k's %w."
PickupMessage="You got the HD Eightball Rocket Launcher"
ItemName="HD Eightball"
[/spoiler]

Or just make yourselves a "HDWeps227iFix.int"

[Public]
Object=(Name=HDWeps227iFix.HDWeps227iFix,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="HD 227i fix,Corona fix for HD Unreal weapons on 227i.")

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014, 20:42

Yeah I s'pose.

Also: "ScriptWarning: HDAutoMag dig.HDAutoMag2 (Function HDWeps.HDAutoMag.ProcessTraceHit:0097) Vector division by zero error."

Apparently HDWeps now divides by zero at random times...so...there's that :P

User avatar Gizzy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014, 21:27

Shivaxi wrote:Yeah I s'pose.

Also: "ScriptWarning: HDAutoMag dig.HDAutoMag2 (Function HDWeps.HDAutoMag.ProcessTraceHit:0097) Vector division by zero error."

Apparently HDWeps now divides by zero at random times...so...there's that :P

I *think* that was some extra checking code added by smirf in 227j builds....might need him to confirm though (Unless you're not running it in 227j and I have no idea what im talking about)

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014, 21:52

I've got a crash when running with 227j:

ScriptWarning: HDAutoMag dig.HDAutoMag2 (Function HDWeps.HDAutoMag.ProcessTraceHit:0097) Vector division by zero error.
Critical: UObject::StaticFindObject
Critical: UObject::StaticAllocateObject
Critical: (HDShellCase HDShellCase85)
Critical: UObject::StaticConstructObject
Critical: ULevel::SpawnActor
Critical: (HDShellCase)
Critical: AActor::P:ProcessState
Critical: Object HDAutoMag dig.HDAutoMag2, Old State State HDWeps.HDAutoMag.NormalFire, New State State HDWeps.HDAutoMag.NormalFire
Critical: AActor::Tick
Critical: TickAllActors
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=0)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: MainLoop
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Double fault in object ShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: USwFMOD::ShutdownAfterError
SwFMOD: Errors: 756
Exit: UOpenGLRenderDevice::ShutdownAfterError
Log: Resetting gamma
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014, 19:57

Seems the new build of 227j breaks both HDWeps and Ballistic Blood lol...*le sigh* Wonder how RLCoop's going to behave now...

User avatar lowenz

Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014, 14:58

Any news???

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2014, 00:01

Well no. I mean 227j isn't out yet, so I don't have to worry about updating right at the moment. The fix is easy, but yeah, RLCoop, HDWeps, and BallisticBlood will not work with 227j when that is released, so expect an update for all 3 mods when that day comes =P

Previous Next