UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

Looking for masked floor grate textures

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Looking for masked floor grate textures

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013, 00:05

Anyone got suggestions on good techy floor grate textures? I've been making due with the one from NaliCast, but it's really not meant for tech stuff and there are better alternatives out there. The Starship.utx ones are kinda ugly as well and don't always fit the bill. I know they exist; I just can't be sure where to look for them. There are tons of obscure texture packages out there, not to mention possibly assets from Unreal 2 or UT2k4 that could be useful.

I'm mainly looking for metal catwalk textures akin to the ones seen frequently in Half Life 2. Any pointers?

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject: Re: Looking for masked floor grate textures

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013, 00:22

If you give me some theme (base color textures) I can quickly create some masked .pcx textures for you.

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013, 01:59

I'm not really picky; just something like these floor grate textures:

http://images.wikia.com/half-life/en/im ... pports.jpg
http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/halfl ... y17/66.jpg

If you make several variants and post 'em, we might have a nice Tech Floor compilation for everyone to use :)

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013, 06:19

Well, give me few hours till I come back from work :D

diamond
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013, 08:19

SGTech1.utx and other stock UT packages must have a variety of grates. They may be non-masked, though, so you can do a simple Photoshop job of converting them to masked.
UBerserker wrote:Architecture doesn't need to detailed, it just needs to be right.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013, 13:44

These should work. They are already pcx files converted with Bright so the palette is optimized quite good. If you need bigger textures, more tiles on one texture so they don't look crappy when seen with an angle just give me a call cause they're really easy to edit.

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013, 14:15

diamond wrote:SGTech1.utx and other stock UT packages must have a variety of grates. They may be non-masked, though, so you can do a simple Photoshop job of converting them to masked.

SGTech grates are not good for flooring because they are overly complex. SGTech has some good textures, but it also has a ton of completely useless ones, sadly.

Gonna check out all these others today! Thanks guys!

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013, 15:23

Damn guys, these are really... great! Seriously, nice job, and fast! Pretty much all of these are useful and I added them all to EXU2MiscTex.utx if that's all right? I'll credit both of you for sure.

Also, Enzyme: think you could make some variants without the grate itself (so just the X and frame), then one without the X but with the grate/frame, and then one without the frame or a much simpler, straighter one (again with the grate and/or X still intact)? May as well go all-out and get some really modular textures!

These look way better than the NaliCast bars already, though you can see where thinner borders would be useful for the narrower catwalks. :)

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013, 16:01

Sure, no problem, I'll do that tomorrow cos today I'm off for a concert. And also, nice build there. I'm gonna tint one of the textures to this yellowish color so it matches the concept more.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013, 00:23

Here you are with from Z.

[spoiler]Hint: Just click the heart...[/spoiler]

Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013, 00:56

lol, I love the filename :tup: