This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Getting WOTGreel

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Getting WOTGreel

Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013, 18:28

I figured I would field this question to anyone here who is familiar with the program. I'm trying to get into scripting, but would appreciate a more complete reference of uscript keywords, syntax, basically what things do and how you use them.

Would WOTGreel contain information beneficial towards this end? I've seen some of it on the website briefly, does it have helpful information on uscript keywords/syntax or am I better off trying to learn about these things elsewhere? What benefits would the program have, if any, for someone just starting out with uscript?

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject: Re: Getting WOTGreel

Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013, 20:55

jaypeezy wrote:Would WOTGreel contain information beneficial towards this end? I've seen some of it on the website briefly, does it have helpful information on uscript keywords/syntax or am I better off trying to learn about these things elsewhere? What benefits would the program have, if any, for someone just starting out with uscript?

Not really. I remember I'd found a big UScript reference some time ago and I can't find it anymore. It had every function explained and all the syntax included.

After a fast search you can try this for syntax ,
this for beginner's guide (didn't read it through though) - unreal-script-beginners-tutorial
or this I guess - tutorials guide
If you want to know what s function do you can always just google "uscript function something(some var, some var)" and normally it works.

If you need to know what functions you have there take a look at Object and Actor classes scripts.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013, 22:05

Unreal Wiki remains an invaluable resource.

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013, 02:47

Z-Enzyme: Heh, you know I did just that and came up with a few odds and ends. Nothing as comprehensive as that... thanks!

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013, 21:51

Waffnuffly wrote:Unreal Wiki remains an invaluable resource.

Do people still contribute to that? For some reason I got the impression that the last great boost in content it got was for UT3 stuff, and hence it largely died along with UT3. Either way, it remains a as a brilliant reference.
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Dr.Flay
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013, 10:32

I added the wiki news feed to "Your Unreal" and it does actually get regular updates.

Using an UnCodeX will also prove invaluable.
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:UnCodeX
You can either make your own, or use a hosted one. You will find links to either option, and more editing resources at "Your Unreal".
http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/b ... -resources

UT99.org has recently started a "Development School" where new coding tutorials are being created for today's U1

bob
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013, 02:40

i used wotunreal for 3 years , i like its jump to function / list functions , autocomplete and various other unreal related things such as variable lists , but i never managed to get it to compile directly in wot witch wasted half its functionality, when i had to reinstall when i moved to win7 , it refused to keep any of my interface settings so i gave it up for notepad ++ and some unrealscript plugins and stylesheets.

User avatar Dr.Flay
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013, 03:50

The Ego-Creations site is still going.
http://www.ego-creations.de

If there are issues, the author is available.
If no bugs are reported, no changes are made.

*EDIT*
Doh!
My mistake, I got the "WOTgreal Language Editor" from there.
The greal homepage is http://www.wotgreal.com