Scout-kun is a lie... right?

227i vs 227h question

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Subject: Re: 227i vs 227h question

Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013, 10:58

I read somewhere....uhm...who licensed the engine last?...around 2005 if I remember good.
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar SteadZ
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013, 18:33

Smirftsch wrote:;)
my work is not always appreciated but I'm trying to make the best out of it.

Personally I think that 227 is the best thing that's happened to UE1 since UT99, keep up the good work guys :)

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013, 22:29

Captain Clark wrote:Personally I think that 227 is the best thing that's happened to UE1 since UT99, keep up the good work guys :)

True, true...

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013, 12:38

Why is smirfs name not green? :mad:
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013, 14:17

Sana's been doing some site design work, probably including the forums.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013, 00:14

Having watched some RLCoop yesterday and noticing that the enemies were faster and seemed to require more damage being inflicted before succumbing, I decided to try Unreal with 227i on the highest difficulty level.

First question: on the OldUnreal site it is stated that there are now 6 difficulty levels and the extra difficulties can be called up with .. difficulty = x (where x = 4,5,6). Is this correct? cause the typical difficulties were x = 0,1,2,3 ; in which case the new difficulties should be 4 and 5
Second question: I can't really remember which enemies there were on Unreal difficulty as opposed to Easy difficulty, but playing on Godlike I had the impression the number and class of enemies where the same as on Unreal difficulty (226) but they were a lot faster, movement and firing. I take it that difficulty levels 0,1,2,3 weren't changed, what exactly are the changes in difficulty level 4 & 5 (in terms of speed, accuracy, damage inflicted, total health, resistance to damage, etc ...)?

And for UB :wink: try playing Unreal with 227i on difficulty = Godlike: 1st level is easy (of course) 2nd level didn't pose any problems, but 3rd level ... OMG that first scuffle with a Skaarj (you know the one, press 2 buttons, return to where you came from only to find your path is blocked, lights go out one by one and the music changes ...) . At the fourth try I finally managed to survive (DP, automag + flares). (I think it's more difficult than increasing gamespeed to 115% - here enemy speed is increased, but not player speed).

Smirftsch
OldUnreal Staff OldUnreal Staff

Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013, 12:32

Well, to be exact:
Added: Supports new difficulty levels (up to 6) for Coop & Singleplay: Needs to be set with command-line parameter ?difficulty=X (X=4,5 or 6)

The changes are in speed, accuracy, damage inflicted, total health and awareness.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013, 13:21

Smirftsch wrote:Well, to be exact:
Added: Supports new difficulty levels (up to 6) for Coop & Singleplay: Needs to be set with command-line parameter ?difficulty=X (X=4,5 or 6)

The changes are in speed, accuracy, damage inflicted, total health and awareness.

Thanks Smirftsch
But it doesn't really answer my question.

First of all, Unreal 226 had 4 difficulty levels (Easy, Medium, Hard and Unreal), which could be set with command-line parameters ?difficulty=X (X= 0, 1, 2 or 3)
In 227 (menu driven) there are 6 difficulty levels (Easy, Medium, Hard, Very Hard, Unreal, Godlike).
But: you state: supports new difficulty levels (up to 6) >>> does that mean 6 new, or 6 in total (the latter seems more logical considering the 6 levels in the menu).
Building further on 6 in total, that would imply the new ones are ?difficulty = x (where x = 4 or 5) (six in total 0,1,2,3,4,5)
So I am confused, and also how do the 226 difficulty levels correspond to the 227 difficulty levels?
Easy = Easy
Medium = Medium
Hard = Hard
Unreal = Very Hard (or is Unreal227 still the same as Unreal226)
... > Unreal
... > Godlike
and in 227 does Easy correspond with ?difficulty = 0 and (Medium > 1, Hard > 2, Very Hard > 3, Unreal > 4, Godlike > 5), then what about 6?

And the final thing: What exactly are the changes for each difficulty setting? example Godlike = 150% speed, 150% accuracy, 150% damage inflicted, etc..

Sorry if these questions seem a bit farfetched but I have searched for documents with more data on the changes but I can't find any (hence my questions). If there is such a document available, could you point me to its location. (That would stop me from asking these questions \o/ )

User avatar Dozey
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013, 22:34

Strange, that VehicleX.Hellbender does not run on 227i anymore.. I am not using it right now, but it could be annoying for some users, that they made smthing on 227h platfor, and then they would open it on 227i, so it will finish with beautiful critical error message. Not everyone could have 222h and 227i both, on this same computer from many reasons. I suggest to make it compatible for 227i.
Return to Napali IV: Napali War Coming soon....
http://dozeyunreal.webs.com

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 03 May 2013, 23:34

salsaSkaarj wrote:
And for UB :wink: try playing Unreal with 227i on difficulty = Godlike: 1st level is easy (of course) 2nd level didn't pose any problems, but 3rd level ... OMG that first scuffle with a Skaarj (you know the one, press 2 buttons, return to where you came from only to find your path is blocked, lights go out one by one and the music changes ...) . At the fourth try I finally managed to survive (DP, automag + flares). (I think it's more difficult than increasing gamespeed to 115% - here enemy speed is increased, but not player speed).

I finished Triamid and UPSX Ep1 on Godlike with 115% speed (which you have to set every time because Unreal just reverts the gamespeed to default for some reason when you close the game).
For the first Skaarj Scout in Rrajigar I have full health and assault vest ready. Automag secondary fire right on him and sacrifice a bit of your health and there you go. Once you get the Stinger it becomes all simple from there.
ImageImage

Previous