This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

How to change the Teleport sound?

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Crssk
Pupae Pupae

Subject: How to change the Teleport sound?

Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013, 01:17

[ChatBox]

@ Doublez-Down - 11 Apr 2013, 16:59
Anyone know how to make a teleporter have a sound??

@ Maxer 64 - 11 Apr 2013, 17:17
Um... look at teleporter sound properties? or add a sound trigger near it.

@ Doublez-Down - 11 Apr 2013, 17:31
tried all that so far...

@ Doublez-Down - 11 Apr 2013, 17:34
the trigger works, but the sound stops as soon as you enter the teleporter...

@ Doublez-Down - 11 Apr 2013, 17:45
Hmm...seems the best thing is to just put the trigger/sounds at the destination and make sure the collision radii don't overlap...

@ Z-enzyme - Yesterday, 22:35
Wait, you want the teleport to play a sound when you enter/exit it or a looped constant ambient sound?

[/ChatBox]

haha can't believe it, today I was thinking the same... in change the teleport sound then I just read one message from this chat box and wow they are speaking about the same that i'm thinking :p before see this question I asked to Higor and he told me to try to mute the sound that is located in function PlayTeleportEffect(actor Incoming, bool bOut, bool bSound); (class GameInfo extends Info native;) then use a trigger to play the new sound effect.

@ Doublez-Down did you try to mute the sound before set up your trigger?

if your sound stops when you use your teleporter maybe you just need to change your properties a little, did you tried InitialState= PlaySoundEffect in your SpecialEvent?

also I have a question about your last post... why you need to make sure to not everlap the collision radius? what is the problem with it?

anyone have another idea to enlighten our way in how to make it working well? maybe subclassing the teleporter? how :(

@ Z-enzyme, I think it's about the teleport to play a sound when you enter/exit it.