UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

[ut] My mutator collection.

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Draco Nihil
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: [ut] My mutator collection.

Post Posted: 21 May 2013, 22:51

I'm currently since I'm bored as hell and have writers block for wasteland house's interior still... (yes I'm sorry about that one) I decided to make a bunch of random mutators for UT99.

Here's the line up thus far:

• AlwaysGib: Redirects DamageType to 'All' so that any weapon has a equal opportunity chance to cause gibbing if you overkill someone. (Go look at the gibbed function for more information, it is different for Bot\Bots, PlayerPawn and ScriptedPawn)
    This works by setting all weapons via IsRelevant calls, their MyDamageType and AltDamageType to 'All' and using a trick in MutatorReduceDamage to call TakeDamage with 'All' as the DamageType. (The Weapon classes are modified to allow their deathmessages to work like this)
  • InfiniteAmmo: Deletes *every* ammunition actor in the level and makes all weapons use the ammotype of "LimitlessAmmo" which is a special ammo class that has 999 AmmoAmount and MaxAmmo and simply returns true when called UseAmmo() on it without even touching it's own AmmoAmount thus perfectly creating infinite ammunition without the need of calling "AllAmmo" or something to that degree every tick or one-second timer function.
    (THIS MUTATOR CANNOT FUNCTION WITH OLDSKOOL, CLASSIFIED AS: WON'T FIX BECAUSE IT CAN'T BE FIXED! ALSO WEAPONS THAT USE MORE THAN ONE AMMO TYPE WILL BREAK AS WELL, AND THAT IS NOT MY FAULT)
  • DeathLottery: Everyone and everything in the map has a slight chance of exploding for no reason. This explosion counts as a suicide. God mode has no affect and bIsBoss creatures will gib all the same as well. (It set's bIsBoss to false)
  • KeepSCUBA: I made this because some TC's and item replacement mutators stupidly return false for cases they can't match to, thus breaking AS-OceanFloor and any map that requires the use of the SCUBAGear item. Not only will this return True for KeepAlways on SCUBAGear item's it makes any it encounters have their bGameRelevant flag set to true to further prevent interference.
  • EKG: This mutator recreates Rise of the Triad's game mechanic of "Ludicrous Gibs!" in UT99. You will have a slight chance of causing ridiculous gibbage no matter what kind of overkill you perform. There WILL be blood everywhere when this happens. The name of this mutator comes from the cheatcode \EKG which PERMANENTLY enabled such gibbage in Rise of the Triad.
  • NoFallDamage: Reduces damage to 0 for fall damage, however due to a oversight with how Mutator's damage function is called it is not called before the ArmorReduceDamage is called first, thus you WILL loose your armour charge even though your health will never suffer. Also prevent's death if the DamageType is 'fell'.
  • LimitedVelocity: This cycles through all zoneinfo's in the level and caps their TerminalVelocity to 1054.000000, thus preventing fall damage altogether as you will not beable to fall fast enough to suffer from it. However this comes at the (hilarious) side effect of limiting the velocity of practically everything else as well.
  • NoGib: As it says, prevents gibbing. It accomplishes this by making sure one's health is not below 0 while dying and everything's CarcassType is set to a class with dummied out ChunkUp and CreateReplacement functions making gibbing the carcass afterward also impossible

I am working on more ideas and plan to package these into a single package when I feel it becomes necessary for it. Right now they are all in individual packages. I might even make a mod menu for them if I do package it into a single package.

EDIT: Made one new mutator out of the top of my head.
Last edited by Draco Nihil on 04 Jun 2013, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.
“I am the dragon without a name...”

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject: Re: [ut] My mutator collection.

Post Posted: 22 May 2013, 06:17

Do all the rest work with OldSkool. ?
Because the KEEPSCUBA would be a good one to use. !.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Draco Nihil
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 22 May 2013, 06:22

Yeah, everything except InfiniteAmmo plays nice with oldskool. KeepSCUBA is really useful too since all item replacement things I've tested it against preserves the scubagear item successfully.

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 22 May 2013, 07:04

Download link?
Mooo !

User avatar Draco Nihil
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 22 May 2013, 09:17

I'll give a download link when I feel they're safe enough to use outside of my own use.

However if you insist and any particular mutator interests you (as most of them are... really not worth things having honestly), I'll PM you a link to whatever it is interests you.