UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

Making Textures Stay when Importing Maps across Platforms

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

bob
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: Making Textures Stay when Importing Maps across Platforms

Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013, 13:10

red_fist? lol

Well i have a different take on things , like i really prefer things that work with the older versions ,
because of mixed 226 clients in unreal , and although i use 227igold as my client , i barely ever use 227 stuff on my servers because i prefer not to run into issues with my clients.

to that effect , my preference would be you make stuff in vanilla unreal and create a separate fancy version for 227 or vice verse. In my eyes mappers don't get it, you not gonna force people who dont want to use 227 to use it , there just not gonna look at it at all.

diamond
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013, 14:02

what is your server, bob? i'd like to try it out.

i used to play on 3's coop server but it went down quite a long time ago.
UBerserker wrote:Architecture doesn't need to detailed, it just needs to be right.

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 03:25

I think that if maps are going to be 227 only, then they should make use of its features enough to warrant it being exclusive, or they should be built with 227 in mind. Tacking a few features on isn't really going to do the patch any favors when exclusive maps should try to showcase what 227 can really do. Doing otherwise would just unnecessarily limit the map's audience.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 03:38

I haven't heard any convincing argument as to why we shouldn't just abandon 226 completely. Surely 227 has been stable enough for some time now to warrant mass migration? :P

I'm ignorant of the online scene, perhaps there are some mods that are 226 only that are super popular online and people can't live without? As far as offline goes, you just need two installs :p (Not optimal if you're a bit OCD but better than rejecting 227 outright)
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

Doublez-Down
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 04:05

I think my main issue and reason I like using 227 is that it is just so much more stable than UT. I guess I'm really comparing UED 2.1 to UED 2.0 - to Teridax's credit, I don't know enough about using 227's newer features to warrant using it as much.
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

User avatar []KAOS[]Casey
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013, 06:06

TheIronKnuckle wrote:Surely 227 has been stable enough for some time now to warrant mass migration? :P

Not in my mind! still some shitty crashes left for people who seriously fucking abuse the engine like me. Thankfully it's only client side so servers are totally fine.

MUST

FIX

MORE

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013, 08:35

Bob,

You got your server running smooth !, not sure i like some of the guns or wierd enemies but is still cool.

I was using 227igold everything seemed to work, and other servers worked plenty fine.
Just ban everyone

Previous