Scout-kun is a lie... right?

marine drop box problem

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Ozma777
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior
Location: level 19 character @ dungeon level 23 WILL contain Jabberwocks and the occasional Vorpal Jabberwock

Subject: marine drop box problem

Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013, 19:49

I have been stuck on this issue for 8 or 9 months and haven't mapped any more of my SP map because of it.

I want those drop boxes that you can shoot and destroy and they drop weapons and armor and stuff.

I got boxes in there (both marine boxes and marine drop boxes act the same) but you can't destroy them. I embedded the weapons and armor inside the box rather than going through the problem of also figuring out how to make them drop things. So I got armor on the floor and put a box on top of it so that the armor is hidden until you destroy the box.

Can't destroy the boxes! I set health to 0 and also to 1. Pushable is now false.

How do you get the boxes to be destroyable?

Oh 227h btw
The Breeze is Busy Blowin Dizzy

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject: Re: marine drop box problem

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013, 01:38

probably isn't what you are looking for
Last edited by redeye on 25 Oct 2013, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.
Just ban everyone

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013, 02:44

bStatic = False, bNoDelete = false in Advanced.
Also, a script has to be there.

User avatar Ozma777
Location: level 19 character @ dungeon level 23 WILL contain Jabberwocks and the occasional Vorpal Jabberwock

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013, 07:13

i don't know how to script
return to napalii had breakable marineboxes why doesn't the same actor work like rtnp?
or is there a custom rtnp actor.u set I have to manually load?

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013, 02:11

I think that is a whole different thing
Last edited by redeye on 25 Oct 2013, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
Just ban everyone

User avatar SteadZ
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 22 Sep 2013, 09:46

You MUST make sure you use the MarineBox, the marinedropbox is not coded. To put stuff inside, just go to the properties of the box and then to decoration. In decoration there are 3 slots: contents, content2, content3. This is where you put weapons, ammo, nali, whatever. You don't need to adjust the health, 3 hits with a DP will suffice ;)
Hope you get it working!
SZ

User avatar Ozma777

Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013, 12:55

RTNP editor?

its different than unrealed (for unreal 227h)?

so if I do marinebox it will break? I just put the items on the floor and put the box around them (I couldnt get the item drop to work)

I got the opening section done and the monsters and Items (with difficulty filters) all I need is the boxes to break.

I also got the first halls of the next part mapped but not the monsters or atmosphere (I cheated a bit, stole my brushes from UT bt-alien-compound :)

I am hoping to make a mega huge map for my first SP. In UT Bunnytrack (BT) I always have to double the map I make so I have to worry about going over 63 zones and 61000 (or so) nodes. So SP is going to be fun with all the extra mapping I can do.

User avatar SteadZ

Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013, 20:20

Don't listen to redeye, dunno what he's talking about, but there is no different editor for RTNP, and botpack is not involved either.
You say that you tried the item drop, did you use the slots I told you about? It works with any breakable decoration: wooden boxes, barrels, chests, and probably even tables and chairs :D
But yes, MarineBox works (for me anyway), and like I said before, DON'T use the marinedropbox class. It was probably meant to be used for scripted sequences with boxes falling down but they never finished it...
SZ

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013, 17:59

No help around here I guess
Last edited by redeye on 25 Oct 2013, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Ozma777

Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013, 10:47

I tried the item drop but I think I was using marinedropbox, I couldn't get it to drop items. I replaced marinedropbox with marine box, and it still doesn't break.

I left it at the default settings except pushable I set to false. It makes the breaking glass sound (and shows the pieces fall away) but doesn't break the box. Box is still there.

edit:just changed all to wooden box (can't figure out how to skin them with a different texture) STILL boxes explode after health goal reached (shot below 15 health for each box) but after the explode and pieces fly out, the box is still there.

edit again: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ieuhup
Unreal 227h btw

Here is a slimmed down version of the first room, as you can see I have replaced marineboxes with wooden boxes and still they do not break. I took the sounds out and the rest of the map so it would be smaller.

What am I doing wrong?

User avatar Ozma777

Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013, 19:15

anyone download my map from sendspace that can tell me what I am doing wrong with the boxes?

User avatar Ozma777

Post Posted: 29 May 2014, 16:07

LOL

So the problem was simple...

Whatever happened I don't know but I just deleted the boxes and added new ones instead.

Strange problem, boxes SHOULD have worked but didn't. Deleting them and re-adding them fooled it into allowing the boxes to finally work.

Good! Now I just gotta remember how I copy/pasted from UT99 into Unreal again. Project is going smoothly, not sure when It'll be ready for release, but now at least I'm building again.

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 29 May 2014, 16:50

Good luck with the project! :)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.