This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Decoration that reports damage to players in-game! (Working; improvements?)

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Decoration that reports damage to players in-game! (Working; improvements?)

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014, 03:24

Considering what I mean to use this for, I'm pretty stoked to have gotten even something as... boring as this done! :tup: However, I've seen other cool stuff like MonsterHunt in which pawns have their health floating over their head - or, Waff's Tachyon Driver which reports the charge percentage on-screen, near the gun.

If I wanted to do something different, like having the barrel's health constantly displayed above it like a cool hologram (or even modify the ScrollingTexture thing from Morpheus to report the barrel's health instead), would anyone suggest some advice? (I've already tried googling some functions involving canvas but figured I'd field the question here)

Any advice appreciated :)

EDIT: Also - is there a way to make an item trigger an event once it is destroyed? Perhaps one that doesn't involve scripting - like maybe it involved changing the decoration's event/tag fields...

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject: Re: Decoration that reports damage to players in-game! (Working; improvements?)

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014, 14:16

jaypeezy wrote:EDIT: Also - is there a way to make an item trigger an event once it is destroyed? Perhaps one that doesn't involve scripting - like maybe it involved changing the decoration's event/tag fields...

Have you actually taken the time to just place a decoration and set its Event field to something? Because you're completely right; that's how it works, just as with living creatures. :)
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator