Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

Nali Chronicles Level 13 S3TC Texture Fix

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar fashahhh
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Nali Chronicles Level 13 S3TC Texture Fix

Post Posted: 22 Mar 2008, 17:19

I've been playing through Nali Chronicles recently & realised I didn't have S3TC enabled, however when enabled it changed the rock textures in Srams Cerberus Castle map from this:

Non-S3TC

To This:

S3TC

So I whacked open UEd and corrected the problem, the map now shows the correct rock texture with S3TC now.

PLEASE NOTE: That if you load a saved game on this map it will load the old state of the level. You must start the map again for it to work by finishing the previous map or by typing 'Open NCLevel013' in the console first.

Here's the link:
NCLevel013_S3TC_Texture_Fix.zip

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Mar 2008, 18:26

Finally someone did it =)

Tip: Level Up Dark Magic!
ImageImage

User avatar Ultimate Weasel

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Mar 2008, 16:14

I never noticed that one. But then again I never thought of playing NC w/S3TC enabled. Stupid me. :P

How did you fix it eventually?
Hellscrag wrote:SKAARJ BERSERKER: Come in, Terran, come in! Make yourself at home next to the plasma fire. Care for an urn of mulled Nali blood?

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Mar 2008, 19:36

I opened it in the editor to see whether the texturing was really supposed to be that horrific, it wasn't, but that area kept crashing in the editor. I should amend that part of the review, since I mentioned the texturing being horrible there without realising it's a bug (especially now I know the exact cause). Maybe even link to this fix.

User avatar fashahhh

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Mar 2008, 20:58

Ultimate Weasel wrote:How did you fix it eventually?

Wasn't anything too difficult, I re-imported the MyLevel rock texture and did a full re-build & everything seems to work fine now. Think the problem was that Sram added the MyLevel texture after he rebuilt the map - could be something to keep in mind when using MyLevel textures.