Page 1 of 1

11th anniversary speedmapping contest?

Posted: 23 Mar 2014, 16:40
by nikosv
Shall we do it this year? Is there interest? So long as it starts after term ends, I'm down for sure. I'd love to get my hands dirty again :)

Re: 11th anniversary speedmapping contest?

Posted: 23 Mar 2014, 16:48
by Buff Skeleton
Man, I haven't done this in a long time. I'm interested. Another stock-assets-only round could be cool.

Re: 11th anniversary speedmapping contest?

Posted: 23 Mar 2014, 17:22
by makemeunreal
I am interested too. :tup:

Re: 11th anniversary speedmapping contest?

Posted: 23 Mar 2014, 18:20
by salsaSkaarj
makemeunreal wrote:I am interested too. :tup:

With all due respect; and I mean that: you've shown a lot of initiative and produced a quite promising series (which wasn't finished not even continued ) and some very interesting screenshots of projects (although they're practically all for beta (or even alpha) versions of U of for U2) ...
but ....
You never seem to finalise anything and now I see "Project Dead" all over the place??
A speedmapping contest would be great but it needs commitment!
Nobody is going to blame anyone for creating a less than perfect map, but frankly : entering implies putting your heart into it and delivering (if only as a sign of respect for the organisers and the community) (save unforeseen circumstances of course).

Re: 11th anniversary speedmapping contest?

Posted: 23 Mar 2014, 18:46
by Gizzy
I'd be up for a mapping contest! Some constraints like brushcount/texture use would be cool, I've always been up for entering these contests but the sheer scale of some maps people make really put me off :(

Re: 11th anniversary speedmapping contest?

Posted: 23 Mar 2014, 20:16
by UnrealGecko
Hehey, just when I thought to visit you guys you pull this stunt :P. My little (age 11) bro always wanted to make an SP campaign (in fact I saw a few attempts of his, he made some nice movers) so... we're probably in :)

Re: 11th anniversary speedmapping contest?

Posted: 23 Mar 2014, 20:29
by makemeunreal
salsaSkaarj wrote:
makemeunreal wrote:I am interested too. :tup:

With all due respect; and I mean that: you've shown a lot of initiative and produced a quite promising series (which wasn't finished not even continued ) and some very interesting screenshots of projects (although they're practically all for beta (or even alpha) versions of U of for U2) ...
but ....
You never seem to finalise anything and now I see "Project Dead" all over the place??
A speedmapping contest would be great but it needs commitment!
Nobody is going to blame anyone for creating a less than perfect map, but frankly : entering implies putting your heart into it and delivering (if only as a sign of respect for the organisers and the community) (save unforeseen circumstances of course).


No effect without a cause.
Nevermind.

Re: 11th anniversary speedmapping contest?

Posted: 23 Mar 2014, 21:52
by ebd
I think ividyon wanted to finish his USP redesign first, but afaik he also restarted school.

I believe there was also a desire for more structure and dedicated judges to prevent the drama that happened last time from happening again.

Re: 11th anniversary speedmapping contest?

Posted: 24 Mar 2014, 06:59
by TheIronKnuckle
wait didn't we already have an 11th back in 2011? Wouldn't it be the 14th anniversary by now?

Re: 11th anniversary speedmapping contest?

Posted: 03 Apr 2014, 03:38
by Ozma777
I always like mapping contests, only one I entered so far was the UT99.org christmas map last year (november 2012)....
DM-XC-Ozma777-UT99org.unr

I still wish I had made it DOM instead of DM, because it was too huge for bot play.

Even though I haven't yet completed my first SP map (soon I hope).
If this contest is still on, count me in.

Re: 11th anniversary speedmapping contest?

Posted: 28 Nov 2017, 04:22
by Ozma777
Ozma777 wrote:I always like mapping contests, only one I entered so far was the UT99.org christmas map last year (november 2012)....
DM-XC-Ozma777-UT99org.unr

I still wish I had made it DOM instead of DM, because it was too huge for bot play.

Even though I haven't yet completed my first SP map (soon I hope).
If this contest is still on, count me in.


Is it still on? Or is there another contest soon?

Re: 11th anniversary speedmapping contest?

Posted: 28 Nov 2017, 15:30
by Buff Skeleton
It would probably be wise to create a new thread for the Nth Anniversary Speedmapping Contest to garner interest since this one is so old now.

Re: 11th anniversary speedmapping contest?

Posted: 09 Dec 2017, 21:54
by UBerserker
Buff Skeleton wrote:It would probably be wise to create a new thread for the Nth Anniversary Speedmapping Contest to garner interest since this one is so old now.


Late response but I actually wish this would be a thing again