Scout-kun is a lie... right?

My skeletal model/animation sources

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: My skeletal model/animation sources

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014, 15:31

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b1g3o2s7g3zi697/ModelSourcesAlCapowned.7z

These are the 3DS Max sources for a lot of the models that I've rigged and animated since 2011. Some of the files were made in 3DS Max 2011, others were made in 3DS Max 2012, so it's best to use the latter to open everything. It's pretty disorganized and includes old and new files, so you'll have to wade through a lot of stuff.

Included are the animations for:

-Playstation 2 Skaarj Hybrid
-Dragon
-Hawk
-Mercenaries (includes FBX and DAE files)
-Predator
-Slith (includes FBX and DAE files)
-Minigun

Enjoy! \o/

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject: Re: My skeletal model/animation sources

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014, 16:15

Good stuff Al! :tup:

User avatar [UDHQ]Jackrabbit
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014, 22:05

Very cool stuff. I would like to make some minigun shooting Merc AI at some point with this, but I have to ask:

Have you ever tried converting the skeletal back to vertex animations? If so, what were the results?

Also, I know its possible to do such a thing in Milkshape3D as that program allows you to export .3d files directly. Because I lost my registration, would someone be so kind as to try exporting these files and re-uploading it? Preferably the slith and the merc models/animations would be nice in .3d format.

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014, 22:25

Using ActorX to make them into vertex meshes produces models that are really small in terms of scale (no matter what scale setting I choose), so they look really jiggly. Using the snapshot tool to turn all of the frames into individual objects, using a batch renamer to make their names have the OBJ## format, exporting them into a *.3ds file, and then using u3d or 3ds2unr works much better. Sometimes I have to mess around with the scale of the models before exporting them, but other than that they can be turned into vertex meshes without much trouble.