This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Question about Unrealed

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Xanious
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Question about Unrealed

Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014, 22:24

So I want to get into mapping for Unreal. But there's a problem. I use ST3C textures. I don't use them for mapping, and I have a seperate folder for the original textures. But Unrealed still loads the S3TC textures in the preview. And the preview doesent load the S3TC textures correctly, they either have this weird glitch where the texture cant decide how zoomed out it wants to be, or they turn into these black and white textures (the opengl S3TC glitch.) That are not very nice to look at. I was wondering if there was a ini config setting I could modify so that the UE preview loads the mapping textures instead of the S3TC textures.

Please help.
:)

User avatar SteadZ
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: Question about Unrealed

Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014, 00:52

I'm afraid to say it's best really just to have a separate install for playing and mapping as far as I know (advice from the Unreal Texture Website). So you would have the S3TC textures in the "Playing Install" and just plain old ones in the "Mapping Install".

I've never used S3TC textures though to be honest - I'm just taking advice from Diehard :P

Good luck with your project!

SZ

User avatar Frieza
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014, 12:14

You can select the renderer you want to use for the UnrealEd viewports, so a hacky fix would be to set the Viewport renderer to a different renderer than the one you use while playing the game and then disabling S3TC for the renderer you use in UnrealEd.

gopostal
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014, 15:08

Separate install for content creation. Do it any other way and you'll eventually screw yourself over.

User avatar Xanious
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014, 08:32

I don't mind having two installs. My hard drive got reformatted anyways.
Thanks for the advice though