A random sentence for a random mind.

[227] EarthWepzFoRealz.u [v0.3 Alpha Released!]

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: [227] EarthWepzFoRealz.u [v0.3 Alpha Released!]

Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014, 05:24

EDIT:

heeeyyyy remember this mod that totally vanished? WELP ITS BACK!!

I got inspired again to continue work on this project after a long while (and a hard drive crash which nearly made me lost the project) so I want to release what I have so far.

DOWNLOAD Version 0.3 Alpha: https://www.dropbox.com/s/boriv28ctvuiz ... a.zip?dl=1
CHANGELOG Version 0.3 Alpha: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3534&p=74797#p74797

INFO:

"button bextra1" is for reloading, same as with infiltration or serpentine mods. Typing "set input r button bextra1" in console will change your R key to reload

Mutator=EarthWepzFoRealz.EWFRMut

2 options in INI and Advanced Options under EarthWepzFoRealz:

bEnableHeadshotDamage = Enables headshot damage between 3 to 4 times for all weapons
bEnableVariableDamage = Enables variable damage scaling based on how close to a creatures center of mass you hit

Current Weapons and Summon Names:

-AK47 Assault Rifle - Summon EarthWepzFoRealz.CS_AK47
-Steyr AUG Assault Rifle - Summon EarthWepzFoRealz.CS_AUG
-AWP Sniper Rifle - Summon EarthWepzFoRealz.CS_AWP
-Benelli M3 Shotgun - Summon EarthWepzFoRealz.CS_BenelliM3
-Famas F1 Assault Rifle - Summon EarthWepzFoRealz.CS_FamasF1
-FiveSeven Pistol - Summon EarthWepzFoRealz.CS_FiveSeven
-M249 Machine Gun - Summon EarthWepzFoRealz.CS_M249
-M4A1 Assault Rifle - Summon EarthWepzFoRealz.CS_M4A1
-Beretta M9 Pistol - Summon EarthWepzFoRealz.K_BerettaM9
-MP5-N Submachine Gun - Summon EarthWepzFoRealz.CS_MP5N
-M26 Grenade - Summon EarthWepzFoRealz.K_GrenadeM26

Current Working Features:

-Independent bullet hit effects, particles, sounds, and decals, based on material/texture
-Current supported textures include metal, rock, stone, wood, dirt, grass, snow, ice, and glass/lights/windows (this also works for custom textures)
-New blood hit effects and sounds, green blood supported as well
-Bullet trail, water bullet trail, and water hit splash effects and sound effects
-Accurate clip sizes and ammo types for all weapons
-Accurately spawned shellcasings for each weapon
-Muzzle flash effects for first and third person, including visible lighting effect that uses 227 real time lighting
-Muzzle flash variation textures for first person (muzzle flash varies each time fired, based on type of weapon)
-New individual sound effects for pickups and weapons, firing and reloading, shellcasings and various effects
-Firing sounds and bullet hit sounds have an increased range and realistic falloff based on distance, allowing players to hear these sounds at a much more realistic distance
-Accurate and realistic rate of fire for each weapon based on IRL counterpart (rounds per minute in game identical to IRL)
-Realistic damage based on bullet size and speed for base damage, and then based on where a creature is hit, center of mass doing base weapon damage times 1.1 to 0.9, headshots doing 3 to 4 times base damage, and arms and legs doing 0.5 to 0.9 times base damage the further the shot is from center of mass
-Realistic accuracy based on weapons effective firing range.
-Realistic recoil based on weapon's weight, lighter weapons will have more recoil, but a shorter recoil time, where as heavier weapons have less recoil but a longer recoil time
-Iron Sights for all weapons, offsets bullet spawn location directly from center and eye height of player

Current planned features, not yet implemented:

-More weapons....LOTS more weapons
-Upgrades and attachments such as silencers, laser sights, different types of scopes, different magazine sizes, extended and quickdraw mags that can be swapped out on the fly
-Different firing modes for weapons that can be toggled on the fly
-Different ammo types for weapons that support multiple types of ammo, with the ability to swap them on the fly
-Possibly dual wielding for 1 handed weapons like pistols
-More hit effects for other textures not yet supported
-A projectile based version instead of instanthit, giving bullets an actual speed and drop based on their IRL counterpart

Current bugs or issues with this version:

-Third person muzzle flash isn't lined up for all weapons yet
-Third person weapon offset when being held by a player isn't 100% lined up with player's hands yet
-Ammo pickups and ammo icons have wrong meshes and textures, placeholders for now
-Shell casings still have the bullets in them (lel) will create new models later
-Online if you reload by clicking fire at the end of your clip while in iron sights, you will stay locked in zoom and walk mode until you right click for iron sights again after reload
-Metal bullet holes and rock/stone bullet holes are meant to be alphablend instead of modulated, but currently that causes the decal to be unlit, working on a fix for this in 227J release

MEDIA:

metal hit effects ------------------------------------------------------- dirt/grass hit effects

wood hit effects -------------------------------------------------------- rock/stone hit effects

glass hit effects --------------------------------------------------------- ice hit effects

snow hit effects --------------------------------------------------------- shell casing smoke

bullet trail --------------------------------------------------------------- water hit effect

red blood hits ------------------------------------------------------------ green blood hits

glass bullet holes -------------------------------------------------------- dirt bullet holes

metal bullet holes -------------------------------------------------------- wood bullet holes

Original Post:

A brand new amazing awesome mod since the time of ROCKET BLOOD that'll blow your mind!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMrkjXEioO0

So now you're probably wondering, "what the hell did I just watch!?". I don't know either! But basically, Bleeder and I are working on a new mod to bring extremely realistic weapons, or as realistic as the Unreal engine will allow us. Yes there have been some similiar mods like serpentine and infiltration and such, but they never quite had the realistic feel to them and a lot of things were off.

Here's a list of features and what this mod will include for it's weapons:

-Weapon models and textures from CSWeapons (Gizzy) and Knifee (Matrix & Spike), permission has been granted, thank you guys!
-Accurate recoil for each weapon based on power of a weapon's real life counterpart (projectile speed, bullet size)
-Accurate accuracy (redundant) based on weapon's real life counterpart
-Iron sights and possible other attachments + firing modes, if weapon IRL counterpart supports them
-Damage based on projectile velocity and bullet size
-New damage mechanics (Headshots doing most damage, body shots normal damage, and leg shots a little under normal damage) to give a more realistic feel, which also means every shot vary in damage.
-Only the latest and greatest 227 particle effects for sweet sexy eye candy goodness
-Bullet hit sounds and effects dependent on texture/surface
-Water hit effects
-Correct ammo and magazine types
-Correct rate of fire for automatic weapons to exactly match their real life counterparts
-Not skimping out on shell casings and including a shell casing per every bullet fired (small feature but mentionable, little things matter too after all)
-Bullets will be actual projectiles with proper speed and drop off

Currently I have nothing else to show other than that silly video, but yeah, you get the idea. Will post more as updates continue!

UPDATE #1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrEerpWgRvA
Last edited by Shivaxi on 26 Oct 2017, 08:09, edited 12 times in total.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar SteadZ
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: [227] EarthWepzFoRealz.u

Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014, 08:43

I don't believe I gave permission for the excessive use of the letter Z as a Suffix, so I would appreciate it as Keeper of the Use of the Letter Z as a Suffix if you would ask me before you use it in your mod title ;)

Also - huh - that kinda stuff happens to me all the time...

SZ

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014, 02:44

0/10 not enough eksploshunz

► Show Spoiler

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014, 05:03

so lifelike

Man I cracked up when that Skaarj went out with a Michael Bay explosion after being shot with some kind of pistol. lmao

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014, 07:09

Haha, thanks guys. We've got the base code going with simple accuracy, iron sights, and rate of fire (which was rather tricky to implement correctly)

I'm actually quite proud of how we did this, because as you may or may not know, the rate of fire for instant hit weapons CANNOT be greater than your frames per second. So if you have 60 fps, your weapon is locked to firing at 60 bullets a second. This is an engine limitation and can't be avoided. 60 bullets per second is a lot though and there's not a lot of weapons IRL that can actually do that. But what if you're at 30 fps or 15 fps? It will mess up the rate of fire. SO...Bleeder came up with a brilliant bit of coding that will actually compensate for frame loss, so if your FPS is not keeping up with the rate of fire of your weapon, you will fire 2 or more bullets in 1 frame at the same time. We've tested this in game and it's pretty much near perfect, so big thanks to Bleeder!

(BTW the FAMAS is the scariest assault rifle I've ever seen. I've been doing a lot of research into weapons for this mod and wow, FAMAS fires at a ridiculous 900 to 1100 rounds per minute! With each bullet traveling at about 3,000 feet per second! Compare that to a more popular weapon like the P90, which can ONLY reach 900 rounds per minute, bullet speed of about 2,300 feet per second. Not to mention the FAMAS has much better accuracy than the P90. Fricken France man!)

Now I just gotta worry about how we're gonna do bullets as actual projectiles with bullet drop off and all =P

p.s. I learned the Desert Eagle is actually a terrible clunky weapon, and games just always make it seem badass =P

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014, 07:57

Looking good.
I'm not really a fan of the "realistic" weapons mods but these might really suit Unreal.
I'm certainly going to try this out on of these days.

User avatar Gizzy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014, 21:53

Actually laughed out loud at this, so hyped to play this hahahahaha

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014, 22:10

LOL :D great video, and - jokes aside - epic stuff for realz!
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar Jigoku

Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014, 02:19

Shiv. You. R. Weird. But I love it! I REALLY should get these stuffes one of theses dayz.
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

User avatar Dr.Flay
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014, 06:53

Add Bullet travel sounds to the list please !

Doublez-Down

Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014, 00:05

I think I just had a seizure
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

xRedStar
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014, 03:17

hahahaha :lol:

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 07 Nov 2014, 19:16

Shut up before I ban you!

It's been a long time since I laughed at something Unreal-related. Keep up the good work! :tup:
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014, 02:05

lmao this trailer! The random jurassic park clip made me choke on my toast XD

And wait wut? RLCoop has been released now....? I've been away for a loooong time
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 08 Jan 2015, 02:44

TheIronKnuckle wrote:lmao this trailer! The random jurassic park clip made me choke on my toast XD

And wait wut? RLCoop has been released now....? I've been away for a loooong time

RLCoop is not officially released, no xD I really need to get on that though...

But anyway, UPDATE TIME! And instead of some lame ass update post with a few scribble scrobble notes, I made for you guys A WHOLE VIDEO! WOWZERS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrEerpWgRvA

Not as crazy as the first one, bit more serious this time as about to what I'm actually doing with this mod =P Plus math! Also this took me way too long to come out with, I meant to release this video more than 2 weeks ago, sorry for the delay!

Next