This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Mover Problem

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar fashahhh
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Mover Problem

Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008, 01:33

I've currently got 23 movers in my map so far however only a couple seem to be showing up ingame whilst the rest have simply disappeared. It's quite strange because their collison & sound effects remain.

I've tried zoning off different areas, changing the zoneinfo's but still can't get them to show up. Does anyone know the reason why this happens & how it can be sorted?

Thanks.

User avatar cronodevir
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008, 03:05

Did you tell the textures on the movers to have a fake backdrop, to be invisable or transparent?

Does it HOM when you look at the sides and top and bottom?
I'm Garble and MrBlowtatoes

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008, 15:00

Check crono's suggestions, and also make sure you select all of them and go to Movers > Show Polys to ensure they actually appear. You need to rebuild after this, of course, but it is possible that if they are very complex or other geometric errors are present, they won't appear.

wael
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: Mover Problem

Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008, 15:53

fashahhh wrote:I've currently got 23 movers in my map so far however only a couple seem to be showing up ingame whilst the rest have simply disappeared. It's quite strange because their collison & sound effects remain.

I've tried zoning off different areas, changing the zoneinfo's but still can't get them to show up. Does anyone know the reason why this happens & how it can be sorted?

Thanks.

You've probably hit the vertex limit, are you using enigma's patch? If not it should still be around on BfNP's ftp.

User avatar fashahhh

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008, 15:55

Waffnuffly wrote:Check crono's suggestions, and also make sure you select all of them and go to Movers > Show Polys to ensure they actually appear. You need to rebuild after this, of course, but it is possible that if they are very complex or other geometric errors are present, they won't appear.

They all appear fine when using show polys, they just don't appear in game. I think it may be caused by one of the tanks I converted to a mover which is quite complex. However, I need it to be a mover to help stay under the node limit :/ .

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008, 16:16

wael wrote:.....it should still be around on BfNP's ftp.

Something that the rest of the world doesn't know about...? :P [/b]
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar fashahhh

Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008, 16:47

wael wrote:You've probably hit the vertex limit, are you using enigma's patch? If not it should still be around on BfNP's ftp.

Ahhh that's it! Cheers Wael you were bang on the money. Just deleted a couple of the tanks & now everything is how it should be. I tried the ftp but can't seem to get it to work anymore :/ . I think I'll just convert the tanks to meshes.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008, 17:31

fashahhh wrote:I think I'll just convert the tanks to meshes.

My curiosity is piqued!