This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Skaarj not moving when triggered

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Skaarj not moving when triggered

Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015, 17:13

I've been trying to get a sequence set up where a Skaarj falls from a vent and then chases after the player, but no matter what I do, he just sits there. If I move up to him and trigger him myself, he actually does what he's supposed to. As far as I can tell, there aren't any problems with the paths and alarm points I have set up. What bothers me the most about this is that I have another spawn/alarm system set up similarly, but that one works. The only real difference between the two is that the second one is triggered by a Skaarj who triggers an alarm point.

I can't imagine that the problem would stem from the alarm point triggering the sequence, but I can't think of what else it would be. At this point I can't think of any alternatives to replace the alarm point triggering the sequence.

What I have looks like this:

AlarmPoint that triggers sequence: HunterAlarm2Seq (Event)

Dispatcher: HunterAlarm2Seq (Tag)
OutEvents:
*HunterAlarm2 - Lights + Sound (DelayTime:1)
*HRBS3 - Tag of the creaturefactory and spawnpoint (DelayTime:2)
*HRBS3Run - Tag of the Skaarj that's supposed to chase the player (DelayTime:4)

CreatureFactory/Spawnpoint: HRBS3
ItemTag: HRBS3Run
AlarmTag: HRBS3R1

EDIT: I guess the problem is that the sequence is supposed to be triggered by an alarmpoint, but I can't think of any way to replace that. I guess I'd have to get a dispatcher going and time the whole thing or something. :/

User avatar evilgrins
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: Skaarj not moving when triggered

Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015, 22:48

Teridax wrote:I've been trying to get a sequence set up where a Skaarj falls from a vent and then chases after the player, but no matter what I do, he just sits there.

Maybe he's shy.

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015, 23:34

Update:
I figured out that he wouldn't move because he needed me to be the one to trigger him instead of another Skaarj. I set up a dispatcher to trigger him instead of the Alarm Point and now the sequence works fine.

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015, 01:31

Kind of stuff I'll bear in mind for when I want to implement something similar :)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

Doublez-Down

Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015, 19:45

Glad you got it working. I had to use spawn points/creature factories for that instead of placing the actual pawn. The Skaarj that fall through the glass in Gothic Resurrection were set up that way. Although they chase the player because they fall right in front of him.

Placing the actual pawn was always sticky for me as well.
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse