Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

Inventory-based trigger?

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Inventory-based trigger?

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015, 22:37

Is there a custom trigger out there that activates only when the player has a certain item in their inventory? I tried using normal triggers and setting them to have the class proximity of the key that the player picks up, but that doesn't seem to work. If the key were only relevant in this one map, I would just use counters, but I want the player to have the choice of using the key in the early part of the current map or in the later part of the next map (the key gets destroyed when the player uses it - it can only be used once).

What I'm looking for is something like this:

Trigger check's player's inventory for key -> Player has key -> Trigger activates
Trigger check's player's inventory for key -> Player doesn't have key -> Trigger doesn't activate

I thought there was something like that in one of EZKeel's map packs, but I can't find which one it would have been in.

User avatar ebd
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject: Re: Inventory-based trigger?

Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015, 03:09

firetrucks has the InventoryChecker (and the greatly improved InventoryChecker2) that when triggered, checks the player's inventory and then may fire its event.

http://ebd.unrealsp.org/firetrucks/#InventoryChecker2

It should probably work in non-firetruck gametypes, but may or may not work in net play.

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: Inventory-based trigger?

Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015, 21:11

This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Thanks!