Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

Some mapping questions. I need help!

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

bob
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: Some mapping questions. I need help!

Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015, 02:17

It is exu2:bi for 227 and not EXU.
Yes is directly loads the base exu2-bi maps and the Jigoku bonus pack ( and probably any user maps) without any modifications to the maps. .

Unfortunately,
I am nor authorized to give it to general public , since it was never totally finished ,
and since its based on original exu2 , and not the new codebase, it may or may not even work all all with new map builds.

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015, 03:54

Better i keep in 2.0 then. I don't have problems with it anyway.

Oh, i never knew about a Unreal version of EXU2: BI, that is awesome!
EXU2: BI in UT and Unreal... But i am thinking EXU2 would be a new game, both UT and Unreal in one.
Strange, i don't know why EXU1 isn't in Unreal, it uses every Unreal map, it just because of the modified UT weapons?

Also i have learned how to Copy/Paste stuff without "Name" problems. :D
- Load the two maps (The maps you want the brushes and stuff, and the map where you will copy the stuff.) To load all the names, next go to the map where you want the stuff, select them, one per one, then duplicate, copy the duplicated stuff then go to the map you want the stuff, paste it. Done! Though this way is slow if you have lot of brushes but this is all i know.
I grant you the ultimate power!

User avatar Gizzy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015, 16:59

FXANBSS wrote:Oh, i never knew about a Unreal version of EXU2: BI, that is awesome!

I ended up backporting the whole thing to U1 227 which worked quite well surprisingly, aside from online play which screwed up the HUD/Inventory entirely from what I remember (This was about a year ago). Also Bob is right though, I wouldn't want to release it without Waff's permission, let alone in a half-working state.

bob wrote:since its based on original exu2 , and not the new codebase

I'm fairly sure my port is based on the latest v6.00, can't 100% remember though

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015, 01:38

ebd wrote:You can still load the UT and botpack stuff if you want, and take advantage of the new brush tools and enjoy the more stable editor, but the newly added features like a higher node limit, static meshes, and particle emitters can't be used with Unreal Tournament.

I supposedly know most of this but would like to get some clarification regarding one particular point: theoretically, would it be possible to build a map in UED 2.1 that has more than 65,536 nodes and then import it to Unreal Tournament and load it... and play it without any problems? (a long time ago - relatively speaking - I believe I read something somewhere which elaborated on this matter, but can't remember precisely now)

EDIT: does someone even know about a map that actually takes advantage of the higher node count limit??
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar ebd
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015, 05:31

Sat42 wrote:
ebd wrote:You can still load the UT and botpack stuff if you want, and take advantage of the new brush tools and enjoy the more stable editor, but the newly added features like a higher node limit, static meshes, and particle emitters can't be used with Unreal Tournament.

I supposedly know most of this but would like to get some clarification regarding one particular point: theoretically, would it be possible to build a map in UED 2.1 that has more than 65,536 nodes and then import it to Unreal Tournament and load it... and play it without any problems? (a long time ago - relatively speaking - I believe I read something somewhere which elaborated on this matter, but can't remember precisely now)

EDIT: does someone even know about a map that actually takes advantage of the higher node count limit??

I doubt such a level would work properly in UT as afaik they needed to make changes to engine code for it to work. I could be wrong on that though.

If memory serves me right a level of Weedrow 2 had roughly 90k nodes before we split it up due to hitting the vertex limit. It hasn't been publicly released though, stability between builds wasn't a problem, but the 13 minute long full rebuilds were.

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015, 19:44

ebd wrote:
Sat42 wrote:

I doubt such a level would work properly in UT as afaik they needed to make changes to engine code for it to work. I could be wrong on that though.

If memory serves me right a level of Weedrow 2 had roughly 90k nodes before we split it up due to hitting the vertex limit. It hasn't been publicly released though, stability between builds wasn't a problem, but the 13 minute long full rebuilds were.

Thanks for the answer, ebd! I might ask about this over at OldUnreal.
As for Weedrow - that's yet another pack I've had at the back of my mind for a while now, I'll get around to playing it once I get to use my better computer again :) (which is to say, once I've moved everything to my new home in Paris where I'll start my new job mid-January)
Cheers!
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

Previous