Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

Attach mover problem

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Attach mover problem

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015, 20:50

I'm trying to create a lift where the chains at the top of it will quickly rotate while the lift moves upward and will stop when the lift reaches its second keypoint. I made the lift into an attachmover and had the chains' tag be the attach tag of the attach mover. When I trigger both the chains and the lift to move, the lift moves upward and the chains rotate (albeit slowly, since I can't figure out how to get them to move quickly without ending the rotation too soon), but the chains still stay in place even though they should be attached to the main lift.

Here's a picture of the lift:

Attach mover properties:

AttachTag: MovingChains
Tag: CallLift_Broken
MoveTime: 10
InitialState: TriggerToggle

Chain movers properties:

Tag: MovingChains
bSlave: True
MoveTime: 10
InitialState: TriggerToggle

I'm assuming I'm missing something obvious here. Can movers with their own keyframes still be attached to other movers, or do they have to be still in order for that to work?

User avatar ebd
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject: Re: Attach mover problem

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015, 21:44

AttachMovers are weird because the attachTag works backwards on them. I've had better success with regular movers by setting the attachTag of the secondary mover to the tag of the first mover.

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015, 02:24

I tried your suggestion and got the same results. I'm not sure why I'm having such a hard time with this, I was able to get movers to attach to each other in the past. :/

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015, 02:55

Check how you have done these movers from the past, you can CTRL+C and paste to the notepad and compare, or maybe your mover is different to the others, that is a problem.
I grant you the ultimate power!